The Diva

Started by Zapatista, May 20, 2008, 09:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: tyssam5 on May 23, 2008, 07:47:44 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2008, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 22, 2008, 11:18:15 PM
I'm sure your right Orangeman but thats what I heard. Are you telling me you've never heard of similar amounts of money changing hands ?
Even the big clubs in Dublin are, apparently, paying this much.

Maybe but not up here

Club management is where the money is at up here OM.

Clonoe are reputedly paying big money - I don't know about Dromore - but outside of that there mighn't be that much on offer - A lot of clubs are now going back to their own and investing the money in their facilities etc.

AFS

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 22, 2008, 10:57:47 PM
QuoteReally? What's Harte on? Crozier? Gormley? McIvor? PM me if you don't want it public. Amazing the sleuths in Kerry

I heard that Joe Kernan was on ~40k .

I heard that Mickey Harte was about that after the 2003 win. I heard that even the less sucessful counties like Monaghan, Fermanagh pay in the region of $30k.

Whether that information is true or not is hard to say. But sure, who cares, the important thing is to get it out there right. 

Jebus this would be hilarious if it wasn't so insulting to those mentioned. Kernan, Harte and McEneaney have been involved with football in their own counties for their whole lives, these guys are doing it for the love of their county not for financial gain. Its common knowledge up here that Joe Kernan has been offed several club and county jobs around the country recently, including the Dublin job before Pillar apparently, and has consistantly turned them down on the back of his commitment to never manage any other team other than his own club or county. These are hardly the actions of a man in the GAA to make money.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteJebus this would be hilarious if it wasn't so insulting to those mentioned. Kernan, Harte and McEneaney have been involved with football in their own counties for their whole lives, these guys are doing it for the love of their county not for financial gain. Its common knowledge up here that Joe Kernan has been offed several club and county jobs around the country recently, including the Dublin job before Pillar apparently, and has consistantly turned them down on the back of his commitment to never manage any other team other than his own club or county. These are hardly the actions of a man in the GAA to make money.

I suspect that you are correct and these men are doing it purely for the love of the game. As for it being insulting......rumours persist so we either air all the rumours or none.There cant be double standards.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 23, 2008, 07:21:20 PM
QuoteJebus this would be hilarious if it wasn't so insulting to those mentioned. Kernan, Harte and McEneaney have been involved with football in their own counties for their whole lives, these guys are doing it for the love of their county not for financial gain. Its common knowledge up here that Joe Kernan has been offed several club and county jobs around the country recently, including the Dublin job before Pillar apparently, and has consistantly turned them down on the back of his commitment to never manage any other team other than his own club or county. These are hardly the actions of a man in the GAA to make money.

I suspect that you are correct and these men are doing it purely for the love of the game. As for it being insulting......rumours persist so we either air all the rumours or none.There cant be double standards.

It's ridiculous to compare a manager who is onto his 3rd county outside his own, with managers who are managing their own county. But you probably can't see that.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIt's ridiculous to compare a manager who is onto his 3rd county outside his own,

Mick O'Dwyer is 72 and has been a manager for 30 plus years. I'm sure he'd still be with Kerry, or Kildare, or Laois if they would still have him but thats the nature of the game. You have your time and you move on. Maybe Micko's addiction to the game drives him to seek new challenges wherever they'll have him. But, then again, your deeply cynical Tyrone nature probably prevents you from seeing that.

btw, since we are on the subject of questioning motives, you Tyrone bies were very quick to get the pay-for-play thread closed once I started asking questions about where the money from club tyrone goes. Are ye hiding something ? If its ok to speculate that Micko is in it for the money then is it not valid to speculate that club Tyrone make it "attractive" for Mickey Harte to remain a one county man.

Zapatista

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 25, 2008, 06:17:19 AM
QuoteIt's ridiculous to compare a manager who is onto his 3rd county outside his own,

Mick O'Dwyer is 72 and has been a manager for 30 plus years. I'm sure he'd still be with Kerry, or Kildare, or Laois if they would still have him but thats the nature of the game. You have your time and you move on. Maybe Micko's addiction to the game drives him to seek new challenges wherever they'll have him. But, then again, your deeply cynical Tyrone nature probably prevents you from seeing that.

btw, since we are on the subject of questioning motives, you Tyrone bies were very quick to get the pay-for-play thread closed once I started asking questions about where the money from club tyrone goes. Are ye hiding something ? If its ok to speculate that Micko is in it for the money then is it not valid to speculate that club Tyrone make it "attractive" for Mickey Harte to remain a one county man.

Why don't you just send an email to Club Tyrone and ask them where the money goes. I'm sure they'll gladly tell you.

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 25, 2008, 06:17:19 AM

As I said before, that's a load of balls - MH has been involved in Tyrone football all his life with no financial gain - he has a job like the rest of us.

magpie seanie

Mikey - you're barking up the wrong tree on Mickey Harte I think.

Mike Sheehy

Seanie, unless somebody can prove to me that Mickey Harte doesn't get payments then he is suspect. The modus operandi when it come to Mick O'Dwyer seems to be guilty until proven innocent so it shouldnt be any different with MH. There is enough money floating around up there to justify questions. MH is not some sacred cow that cant be questioned.

Also, the Armagh folk on here are very quiet about Kieran McGeeney.......I'd say that man is loaded at this stage. What does he work at again ?

magpie seanie

I understand where you are coming from but I'm just giving my opinion that I believe he's not taking monies he shouldn't be getting. I think it would be against his personal ethos. Maybe I'm wrong but thats what I feel about Harte. Others I'd suspect aren't as scrupulous.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteOh for f**ks sake! If you've got a suspicion you back it up. Or maybe you've no time to go looking for proof and tell some one else to prove a negative while you're out around nightclubs slipping roofies into drinks to knock women out to take home and have intercourse with. *

and what f**king facts has anyone to back up their suspicions of Mick O'Dwyer ?

..and I dont see what your perverted fantasies have to do with anything so keep them to yourself.

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 25, 2008, 08:19:43 PM
Seanie, unless somebody can prove to me that Mickey Harte doesn't get payments then he is suspect. The modus operandi when it come to Mick O'Dwyer seems to be guilty until proven innocent so it shouldnt be any different with MH. There is enough money floating around up there to justify questions. MH is not some sacred cow that cant be questioned.

Also, the Armagh folk on here are very quiet about Kieran McGeeney.......I'd say that man is loaded at this stage. What does he work at again ?

Mike - take it from me - MH has been running round after Tyrone teams for the most of his life - in managing Tyrone he gets no financial reward - that is fact - he has a day to day job like everyone else. Club Tyrone or no one else pays him.

I have in the earlier part of this thread indicated that Micko has a tax clearance certificate. Yes he was hounded unjustly. But that doesn't mean that you should question others. If you have evidence other than hearsay, please feel to bring this forward.

johnpower

Lets close out this nonsense ,No proof no posting shite

AFS

Did anyone read that ridiculously predictable piece by Spillane in the Sunday World today? Surprise Surprise he thinks Micko is God. Fair enough, Spillane can be let away with this due to the fact that he achieved so much under Micko, but where I'd take issue with the article (and Spillane in general) is that he is once again tries to propagate the holier than thou, purist bullshit image of Micko. Spillane is wrong as usual, Wicklow under O'Dywer have mastered the blanket defence as well as any Ulster team. I'd expect someone given one of the top GAA jobs in RTE to recognise this basic fact.