Wexford Vs Meath

Started by thejuice, April 04, 2007, 12:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

If they had of played football against cavan instead of falling to the ground as if they were shot every 2minutes they would have beat us and would not be in this mess.  Id have no sympathy for them.

cavanmaniac

Exactamundo II.

Good enough for them now that I think of it.

Model Hammer

Would youse boyz ever eff off back to yer Cavan-Only thread and not be kickin fellas when they're down (as such, Cyril) in their  thread??!!

I'm very disappointed for the lads. It's a rare enough thing to pull off two excellent results of a weekend and still have a sick stomach after it.

Don't mind Bealin, he's just working on his defence strategy when his next prospective employers point out that in his previous job he managed to get his charges relegated twice ...!

No seriously though, I've been impressed with Bealin. He took on a job where arguably the only way was down after a League Final appearance. But clearly he has no difficulty motivating these lads, and has led them to plenty of impressive results in League and Championship in the two years, bringing on another handful of capable footballers in the process. After the Waterford debacle he wielded the axe and got the right response from those at the receiving end ever since with 5 wins and a draw. I said at the outset that it's good to have a man with an AI medal in his pocket in charge of a team like Wexford. Fellas have to give him the respect. Him having a whinge at the system is as much for their benefit as anything else. \Standing up for his players, keeping the spirits up.

The real business starts now, and I reckon we're looking in pretty decent shape. I don't mind so much suffering setbacks like the ones on the last two Sundays as long as the boys store it away and learn from it. It's going to be difficult in Div 3 next year. For a start, all our opponents so far are 100 effin miles away! But if we have a Leinster title in our pocket when it comes around, I for one won't give a FF about the disappointment of this league campaign just gone ....

cavan4ever

Quote from: Model Hammer on April 10, 2007, 04:16:43 PM
Would youse boyz ever eff off back to yer Cavan-Only thread and not be kickin fellas when they're down (as such, Cyril) in their  thread??!!

:D :D :D :D it not often we get a chance but no doubt u will have plenty of chance to kick back later on in year!!

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Model Hammer on April 10, 2007, 04:16:43 PM
But if we have a Leinster title in our pocket when it comes around, I for one won't give a FF about the disappointment of this league campaign just gone ....

Ye have a rattlin' good chance too. At K Breffni Park, in between the prolonged bouts of anguished ankle-holding/dying swan routine/three-minute kickout antics/shot in the head moments, your guys played some right good ball.

Your midfield is good enough to compete with the best Leinster has to offer, and that half back line looks smart. A few other forwards look to be supporting Forde who shows no signs of curbing his less likeable tendnecies but will still throw over 0-6 at least every game. We really only played with any urgency for the last 10 mins of that game and in the end it was enough, which would be a cause for concern from your point of view, but if Wexford are ever going to win a Leinster title it will be this year, with Laois the main opposition along with the Dubs.