Olly Murphy

Started by thejuice, April 01, 2007, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Just want to say thanks to Olly Murphy for his efforts and the memories and the glory he has brought to Meath. He was one of the best forwards in the country from 1998-2001. Who'll ever forget the goals he got against the Dubs, Kildare, Cork.

But one that stands head and shoulders above the rest for me was "the clincher" against Westmeath in 2001. To score of his left in a congested goalmouth and practically falling over at the same time, and still place it in the top corner of the net, in the dying seconds of the game!!

Sadly injury robbed him of further glory in the green jersey over the next 5 years. But having said that and walk away with 2 All-Irelands, 3 Leinsters, 2 All-Stars is pretty impressive no matter who you are.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bensars

has something happened to him, to prompt you posting?

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Bensars on April 01, 2007, 12:55:01 PM
has something happened to him, to prompt you posting?

If not, piss off and stop wasting time......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

thejuice

oh sorry i forgot to mention he's just announced his retirement from inter county football.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016