American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

They should have had that one. GSW scored the last 11 points. Genuinely didn't think it was possible to go 4-4-4-4 but I don't see any way the Cavs can nick one from them at this stage.

Muck Savage

Not sure what the Cav's can do to win one. Last night the Warriors were excellent and when the Cav's tried to get on top of the hot player someone else got hot. Klay in the 1st, Curry mid game and KD in the 4th. Curry's rebounding last night was unreal for a PG, 13 in all and I believe about 5 offensive rebounds which turned into 7 points. LBJ and Kyrie are getting no help from the other players.
KD will will the Finals MVP but I really think Curry has been more consistent in his best finals, last night he was one assist from a triple double after a triple double in Gm2.
These finals have been a bust, the Warriors look like they will dominate for the next few years unless another contender gets much stronger. In the east the Cav's need to add a star to make it interesting. In the West the only team strong enough is the Spurs, but in a 7 game series I don't think that would win.

Minder

Durant gives so many match up problems, a 7 footer that can run the floor and shoot a 3.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on June 09, 2017, 09:29:46 AM
Durant gives so many match up problems, a 7 footer that can run the floor and shoot a 3.

Has also been really, really good on D this postseason too. He's outstanding

omochain

Is anyone watching this... Cleveland playing out of their skins 19 up with 7 minutes to go. Is it their dying kick. They are blowing out all the scoring records.. Can they do it again?
Nahhh... Nothing going in for the Warriors tonight... just want to bring it home to Oakland to do it in front of their fans.

omochain

The way Kyrie is playing tonight ...maybe the world really is flat.😜

gawa316

Crazy game... Cavs hit over 50% on3's...broke records galore!

Definite off night for the Dubs...after last year its squeaky bum timel

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on June 10, 2017, 05:23:05 AM

Don't see how they don't pick up another win. Especially with 2 games at home (obviously the second home game is Game 7 so it will be squeaky bum time then)

Cavs 20/1 before last nights game - 9/1 now
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

straightred

dont think so - impressive as it was i think it was one of those nights were everything dropped. GS will close this out on Monday by 10+

stew

Quote from: straightred on June 10, 2017, 10:37:26 AM

dont think so - impressive as it was i think it was one of those nights were everything dropped. GS will close this out on Monday by 10+

I think this Golden State team is one of the finest to ever play the game, they will close this out next time out!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Warnors in 5... Just too much for the Cavs tonight even though Lebron was superb again.

KD unbelievable throughout the playoffs and deserved MVP...even though it hasn't been announced yet!

omochain

Yep the World is back on it's axis and the Warriors won it out comfortably. Do you think I could make a few bob reselling those Dubs shirts in Croke Park this September. Now if only I could get Steph Curry KD and Lebron to move to Armagh we might eliminate a management crisis.

gallsman

Decent game to wrap up an otherwise awful playoffs. The two of them with a combined play-off record of 29-6. GSW just leagues ahead of everyone, fully deserving champs. Lebron should have been MVP though, just like in 2015!

Asal Mor

Heard Vincent Hogan on off the ball yesterday saying that nfl owners won't give Kaepernick a job because of the stance he took in kneeling during the national anthem. Hogan said it seems that it's OK to be a criminal or wife beater in the nfl as long as you don't take a stand on racism. I would have thought that Kaepernick would be lucky to get a job in the nfl regardless and that if he was still the player he was a few years ago they'd be queueing up. I don't doubt that his stance pissed off right wing nfl owners but if they thought he still had something, it wouldn't be an issue.

AZOffaly

I think Vincent Hogan is talking out his arse. I'm sure that stance pissed off a few of the owners, but if you think every NFL owner is going to sacrifice a chance at winning because of that, you're mad. If Kaepernick could help a team, he'd be on a team. I think he'll still land somewhere.

That said, he has a point about the disciplinary process in the NFL. Goodell seems to be swayed by popular opinion and reacts. Thus Ray Rice only got banned when the video came out, even though the NFL knew what had happened.