American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

If Cavs win does that put LBJ above Jordan?

Carmen Stateside

People say Jordon always had a great team along with him.  Last year and this year you couldn't really say that about James although the team he had in Miami was tasty.
Personally i would say yes

gallsman

MJ was a two way player, even winning defensive player of the year once. 6 rings, 6 Finals MVPs, 5x MVP. I love Lebron but he has a way to go yet.

As for Lebron's Cleveland team, there are two other likely hall of fame players on it. It's not too shabby.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 02, 2017, 12:21:33 AM
People say Jordon always had a great team along with him.  Last year and this year you couldn't really say that about James although the team he had in Miami was tasty.
Personally i would say yes
Was listening to a guy on the radio earlier and he said the same that if LeBron did it this year against a superior team then he'd put him ahead of Jordan who had Scottie, Rodman, Kukoc etc. around him.

Gmac

Warriors were destroyed on the boards last year once bogut got hurt , durant green and Magee provide the rebounding and also the length to influence shots ,curry was hurt and shot poorly last year and was roughed up in finals that won't happen again , dubs in 5/6

gallsman

With the comeback and, justifiable, euphoria over a Cleveland championship and Lebron being the one to win it, people have definitely overlooked the fact that Curry was nowhere near 100% last year. He and KD have really clicked the key month and Curry is having the best postseason of his career. Mind you, Kyrie is pretty spectacular at the minute too.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 02, 2017, 12:17:29 AM
If Cavs win does that put LBJ above Jordan?
Jordan elevated the sport I don't see anyone in my lifetime going above him.

Carmen Stateside

Cavs no answer for Durant first half.

gawa316

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 02, 2017, 03:24:07 AM
Cavs no answer for Durant first half.

And Curry picks it up in the 3rd!

Won't be crowing til they have 4 wins though after last year

gallsman

A poor start from Cleveland. Really sloppy defense and turnovers all over the place. You just can't give a team with shooters as good as GSW that much time and space.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2017, 12:26:18 AM
MJ was a two way player, even winning defensive player of the year once. 6 rings, 6 Finals MVPs, 5x MVP. I love Lebron but he has a way to go yet.

As for Lebron's Cleveland team, there are two other likely hall of fame players on it. It's not too shabby.

Yeah I would agree & the game was totally different when Jordan was playing, much more physical. Also Jordan had a fair few role players throughout his teams, Pippen obviously one of the greats, Kukoc was decent but nothing special.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

gallsman

Warriors were very sloppy last night and still ran out easy winners. Doesn't bode well.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2017, 12:00:19 PM
Warriors were very sloppy last night and still ran out easy winners. Doesn't bode well.

And looks like Klay Thompson is heating up too

gawa316

Lebron and Kyrie combine for 77 and still lose...hard to see away back for the cav's now