Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Sporting let in 2 goals in injury time, nothing very astute about that. ???

seafoid

Who is the most hated person at a Borussia Mönchengladbach match?
The fan who starts chanting "Give me a 'b', give me an 'o'..."

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2016, 09:45:01 PM
Monaco and Sporting Lisbon's performances tonight against two European giants dispels the myth that big clubs like Barcelona should naturally stuff smaller clubs.The fact is with a competent manager,astute game plans and organisation,respectable results can be achieved against anyone.

Yeah you will probably find Monacos top earner is on more than twice Spurs and their record transfer fee paid is about 20m more than Spurs but don't let that ruin your analogy.

tintin25

As good as Barcelona are, you can't escape the fact that 7-0 is pretty embarrassing.  Could Barcelona have done that to the majority of the other teams?  Well, teams at Celtic's level or below, yes.

T Fearon

Sorry,I as a Celtic supporter and shareholder am not of the opinion that we should expect a hiding against Barcelona or anyone else for that matter.I expect and indeed demand better.Our clown of a manager was on tv tonight claiming nonsensically that he had little time (he's only been there three months) to work on the players (as if he had years and it would make any difference) to "mould a team to play against the best passing team in the world". If that's his attitude then what chance have we.

If Lawwell and Desmond think the fans are simply going to roll up on Champions League nights to sing YNWA and hear the anthem and see their team being humiliated and go home happy because "we're in the Champions League" they are in for a rude awakening.

yellowcard

Rodgers is weak tactically. He is incapable of playing the defensive containing game that is required in Europe. Celtic will dominate possession in the SPL which suits Rodgers gameplan. In Europe they will be without the ball for long spells and require a good defensive structure and this is not a strength of Rodgers teams at previous clubs. By and large he done well domestically in England but he was a failure in a couple of European campaigns with Liverpool.

I do accept that it's a very difficult task and they may not even win a point but the capitulation was a bit embarrassing.

T Fearon

This is a marriage of convenience and destined to end in failure (Winning the SPL is a foregone conclusion). Lawwell and Desmond wanted a so called big name, and too many so called fans, as evidenced by this thread bought into the Rodgers hype.Rodgers himself,overlooked by Swansea,figured he could resurrect his career at Celtic and pave the way for a quick return to England next summer.

bennydorano

Quote from: JoG2 on September 14, 2016, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 14, 2016, 09:35:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2016, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2016, 08:41:25 PM
Ladbrokes offering 7/1 Harry to score Spurs win! Invest!

I've a million quid on 2-1 at half time so I'm happy
Nice. Monkey on Dortmund to win 6-0 myself.  Won a free holiday in this month's Readers Wives too.

Surely the wife won the holiday?  Rule no. 1
She didn't  know I took the photo so I'm claiming the win.

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2016, 11:25:23 PM
This is a marriage of convenience and destined to end in failure (Winning the SPL is a foregone conclusion). Lawwell and Desmond wanted a so called big name, and too many so called fans, as evidenced by this thread bought into the Rodgers hype.Rodgers himself,overlooked by Swansea,figured he could resurrect his career at Celtic and pave the way for a quick return to England next summer.

I think it is more about giving the man a chance than buying into hype. Big target for this season was to get to Champions League. Let's see if we can build on that experience next year and so on. I have had my fill of so called fans trying to chase managers before they got their seat warm from Strachan, Lennon through to Diela. A couple of those came alright despite the detractors.

illdecide

I see B Dortmund beat Legia Warsaw 6-0 last night away and even City's 4-0 win was big enough too. Celtic's result on Tuesday night was a disaster but there are 5-6 big hitters in CL who are capable of destroying majority of teams in the tournament.
Celtic v City will be interesting but not really looking forward to it TBH.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Look it is like this - it is not acceptable to lose any game 7-0, however the key this is what we learn from this.  In my opinion we cannot be going away from home in Europe with only two midfielders that are any way defensive and no out and out defensive midfielders.  Even at that we would probably return from Barcelona empty handed but we would not return on the end of a 7-0 and the same approach might be good enough to get a point or points against other established European teams.  In fact we also have to look at shutting up shop in some of our home games.  The key here is what we learn from games, what we change and what improvement we see as we go along the way. 

For those saying Rodgers is not the man for Europe - maybe he is, maybe he is not but it is far too soon to be making this call.  You would wonder at times are some of our own so called supporters really just in it to cause as much instability as possible so as they can turn round and say I told you so (giving the benefit of the doubt that they are not Sevco trolls).  We reached the last 16 twice under Strachan though we all remember how it started for him.  Likewise Lennon got humped out of both competitions by Braga and Utrecht before making Europa League the following year by virtue of Sion fielding ineligible players.  By his 3rd season he was beating Barcelona on the way to the last 16 of the Champions League.

AZOffaly

Quote from: illdecide on September 15, 2016, 09:31:17 AM
I see B Dortmund beat Legia Warsaw 6-0 last night away and even City's 4-0 win was big enough too. Celtic's result on Tuesday night was a disaster but there are 5-6 big hitters in CL who are capable of destroying majority of teams in the tournament.
Celtic v City will be interesting but not really looking forward to it TBH.

That's the team that beat the  Dundalk team that Tony was comparing favourably with Celtic, correct?

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on September 13, 2016, 10:06:37 PM
You're having a laugh.If Ronny,Strachan or Lennon even had presided over that shambles tonight,there'd have been a clamour for their departure.

We won't get a point in this group.

I see the clown is blaming it on the tough game against Rangers on Saturday,a game that was won 5-1 pulling up.🙄
Get a fcukin grip Tony. Barca rested 9 out of 11 players at the weekend and sacrificed 3 lira points to ensure victory against Celtic. Celtic on the other hand could not afford a blip against the Gers and had to play a full team and at full pace. They had to do this because to the hue and cry there'd have been from tits in their fanbase with anything other than a commanding result. On their day Barca would beat anyone 7 nil. They do it regularly and against team with better players than Rodgers has at his disposal. It has been said before you are not a genuine fan and your ranting just reinforces this time after time.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2016, 11:25:23 PM
I for one have not bought into any hype, I don't care much for Rodgers, but in fairness he needs a chance.