?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 11, 2011, 03:33:19 PM
see rangers are at home to Celtic in the scots cup 5th round draw.
I was actually hoping for this draw. it matters not where its held. if Celtic are any good of have any designs on being good, they should want to have a go at rangers and thus unsettle them for the rest of the season.
Somehow I think walter smith and his better tactical ability will win out against lennon despite rangers being penniless.
Walter is a shrewd act and in the heat of a title run in, undoubtably would have a more calm knowledgeable influence on his team than Lennon.
But Lennon is on a steep learning curve.
BBC reports that Celtic are making serious attempts to sign a Norwegian striker, Huseklepp. If it happens, the pendulum will move a few crucial degrees to Celtic. He is a ready made proven talent and won't need much time to get going.

Archie Mitchell

Celtic getting well and truely fucked by the referee tonight!

Hamilton goal offside, harsh sending off for Forrest, then McGinn gets booked for diving when it should have been a penalty.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Archie Mitchell

Never a sending off either. Ref has had a complete shocker.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

lynchbhoy

ref had a stinker. wasnt his fault for the first goal - that was the linesmans bad shout - still it was dreadful defending from set piece as per usual. didnt see the forrest sending off.
then after being harsh enough on Celtic most of the game he gave a soft enough penalty and two sendings off to try and gift Celtic the match.
Celtic couldnt pass water and after I had praised them earlier, mccourt and especially mcginn were tripe.
mccourt needs to learn its a team game. if not he will never make it. Izzaguire likewise.
draw a fair enough result imo.

Archie Mitchell

Was a combo of ref being shite and Celtic being shite as well. Lucky to get a draw. Lennon's post match interview should be good.

GalwayBayBoy

That Hamilton goal was comically bad officiating. Hamilton player was standing 2 yards offside as the free was taken and then actually tried to play the ball as well. How the linesman who was standing right in line didn't see that is bananas.

orangeman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 12, 2011, 09:45:45 PM
Was a combo of ref being shite and Celtic being shite as well. Lucky to get a draw. Lennon's post match interview should be good.

Poor standard of football.

Would it be as good as championship standard or as bad as division 2 stuff ?

crossdoesitbest

Have to say i've watched many a game with bad officials and wrong decisions but to sit and watch that you really have to start to believe that there is an issue with the officials integrity and a sense that they are going to make sure they get Celtic back over the bad press and the strike! The quality of football is poor as is the quality of officials but all you need for a good game is a level of fair play.

sammymaguire

These the same refs that were on strike a few weeks ago because of the hard time they were getting!?!??! JOKE
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Club Rossa

Horrible performances from the officials last night but Celtic were awful too.

the waffler

at the end of the day celtic were terrible never thought i would say we were missing samaras stokes offered nothing brown brought a bit of drive man marked mc court that was it only uped the tempo after the goal if early would have won handy but there ya go

lynchbhoy

some refs and linesmen up there are rangers fans, others are Celtic fans.
A hell of a lot of other refs would not be and as a result will be slightly biased towards the smaller weaker club.
you get it in Gaelic football and hurling too.
Celtics problems are no longer in defence. the problem is they just dont know how to attack as a team, and they have all they need in good wingers and strikers. its down to lennon who doesnt know how to set up the formation or how to get the side to play.
In games - esp when behind, Celtics men all individually try to run at opponents and shoot themselves - if they ever get that far- its like the dambusters bombing raid as one by one they attack. Stupid stuff.

as for poor standard, well both sides tried to pass the ball - ok more so Celtic - but the pitch made the ball bobble like feck and as a result no one looked like they had an ounce of skill.
I was watching setanta and the blue sq premier game between wimbledon and Luton town at the same time and while it was end to end stuff, my head almost hurt at the lack of technical ability in comparison to the scots game - and the pitch was in far better nick - not that they really used the grass level much !

rossie mad

Missed the first 50 minutes but from what i saw i thought celtic only played average.
The honduran i thought played well but he has to improve on giving the final ball into the box.
Stokes was poor but in fairness had a defender on his hole all the time and the ball supply to him was poor.
thought mulgrew was non existent and dont get me started on mcginn.
I think the free roll that mccourt has doesnt suit him and he should be left hugging the touchlines where he is more effective.
Thought mulgrew should have been taken off instead of ledley at least ledley had a better chance of threading a pass through.

I think neil should try and play with two up front in games like this and i think he is afraid of conceding at the moment and with that mentality it is stifling the forward play.

Tough game agaist hibs coming up as well as games against aberdeen,hearts and the arabs in the next few weeks so the two points dropped last night might prove costly come the end of february.

Does anyone else think ledley doesnt seem happy in glasgow or is it just me?