Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tyroneman

QuoteTo be fair I think Mulgrew in the two games so far has looked like the one outlet ball

He's a defender.

Who can't defend.

the colonel

Was at the game, mulgrew can't do his primary objective which is defend. Samaras always confuses me. I thought he was good on the wing. A lot more effective than Maloney. Fortune was also good when he went on. I think hooper will get a lot of goals. Ledley controlled the game in first half. The 2 centre halves were absolute bombscares. Hoiveld is a nutter. Loovens is just shocking. Brown showed in parts potential he could have, but also how bad he can be.

Very confusing night altogether.
the difference between success and failure is energy

SambaSaffron

Mulgrew, Maloney and Loovens all crap. All have to go. Hooiveld thinks he's better than he is. Brown with some decent tackles and strong running and some awful tackles and awful passing. Samaras the usual. Hooper will do well. Juarez will be excellent, although he gave it away a few times his effort was good. Cha did well, as did Ledley. Hooper put a good shift in, Fortune did very well when he came on. McCourt should have been on sooner.

laceer

What's the story with McGinn? Is he going to make it at Celtic?

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

Main Street

Quote from: SambaSaffron on August 05, 2010, 09:02:16 AM
Mulgrew, Maloney and Loovens all crap. All have to go. Hooiveld thinks he's better than he is. Brown with some decent tackles and strong running and some awful tackles and awful passing. Samaras the usual. Hooper will do well. Juarez will be excellent, although he gave it away a few times his effort was good. Cha did well, as did Ledley. Hooper put a good shift in, Fortune did very well when he came on. McCourt should have been on sooner.
Unfortunatly McCourt is a liability, not a luxury player
On for 5 minutes and managed to gift away possession twice,  once with a criminal casual pass across the midway line.
When you use McCourt in a game, it is similar to a doomed reckless gambler trying to recover losses in the last race.

There was not a hope in hell of beating Braga over 2 legs no matter who the manager was.
I would be more looking for a shape to the team at this stage  rather than assessing individual players, although it is hard to avoid Mulgrew's black stains.

I couldn't figure out what Lennon was actually trying to do with the players. Maybe Baxter can impose some plan when he gets involved.  As it is, Hooper is good enough to be on his own up front, Fortune on the right wing and God knows who on the left.  Leave 3 around CM, Juarez being the main man with 2 others.
Brown has no brain and is a danger to the team and to himself. Hard to credit he showed so much promise under Strachan.
I don't know about the centre halves. Surely Lennon and Johann can sort that one out.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2010, 09:51:05 AM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on August 05, 2010, 09:02:16 AM
Unfortunatly McCourt is a liability, not a luxury playerOn for 5 minutes and managed to gift away possession twice,  once with a criminal casual pass across the midway line.
When you use McCourt in a game, it is similar to a doomed reckless gambler trying to recover losses in the last race.

There was not a hope in hell of beating Braga over 2 legs no matter who the manager was.
I would be more looking for a shape to the team at this stage  rather than assessing individual players, although it is hard to avoid Mulgrew's black stains.

I couldn't figure out what Lennon was actually trying to do with the players. Maybe Baxter can impose some plan when he gets involved.  As it is, Hooper is good enough to be on his own up front, Fortune on the right wing and God knows who on the left.  Leave 3 around CM, Juarez being the main man with 2 others.
Brown has no brain and is a danger to the team and to himself. Hard to credit he showed so much promise under Strachan.
I don't know about the centre halves. Surely Lennon and Johann can sort that one out.
McCourt's only hope is to play further forward. At the moment he picks the ball up too deep and is always going to give it away cheaply with misplaced passes or by trying to take players on. When he does that, he leaves half his teammates stranded up ahead of him. Try him as the furthest man forward, or playing off the front man, so that if he loses the ball, it isn't catastrophic. If that doesn't work, he's goosed.

clarshack

europa cup draw - these are the teams celtic can get (minus the scottish teams):
Anorthosis Famagusta Cyp 13.099
Aris Thessaloniki Gre 12.979
Brondby IF ** Den 12.970
Grasshoppers Zürich Sui 12.675
Rapid Wien ** Aut 11.915
FC Timisoara Rom 11.898
APOEL Nicosia ** Cyp 11.599
PAOK Thessaloniki @3 Gre 11.479
FC Vaslui Rom 11.398
Lech Poznan @3 Pol 11.008
Trabzonspor Tur 10.390
Sibir Novosibirsk Rus 8.758
Racing Genk Bel 8.080
Tavria Simferopol Ukr 7.910
Karpaty Lviv ** Ukr 7.910
Maritimo Funchal ** Por 7.659
IF Elfsborg ** Swe 7.338
FC Utrecht ** Ned 7.309
Sturm Graz Aut 6.915
AA Gent @3 Bel 6.580
Motherwell ** Sco 6.158
Lausanne Sports ** Sui 5.675
DVSC Debrecen @3 Hun 5.350
Dundee United Sco 5.158
Dnepr Mogilev * Bls 4.980
Slovan Bratislava Svk 4.666
Omonia Nicosia @3 Cyp 4.599
AIK Stockholm @3 Swe 3.838
Maccabi Tel-Aviv ** Isr 3.775
Hajduk Split Cro 3.466
NK Maribor ** Slo 2.891
Dinamo Minsk ** Bls 2.808
Garabag Agdam * Azb 2.599
HJK Helsinki @3 Fin 2.399
eff Aktobe @3 Kaz 2.399
ETO Györ * Hun 1.350
The New Saints @3 Wal 0.766

rapid vienna probably the strongest out of that lot.

would just like to see for once away from home the celtic defence shut up shop. it's not that hard to do ffs!

clarshack

on another note scott brown imo is one of the worst footballers that has ever walked through the gates at parkhead. celtic should have punted this imposter to spurs last season when they showed interest.

Muzz

FC Utrecht - Cant say I know much about them.

SambaSaffron

Ricky van Wolfswinkel plays for them (great name), we were linked with him las season. Barry Maguire plays for them, according to wiki. Good mate of mine.

clarshack

Quote from: Muzz on August 06, 2010, 12:50:03 PM
FC Utrecht - Cant say I know much about them.

not the worst draw as long as lennon can get the defence to stop leaking silly goals.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2010, 01:52:47 PM
.......by the way
still no comments from anyone on the re-signing of Mulgrew???
;)
does this not prove that strachan was a narky girly irrational  muppet!

I see a few comments on Mulgrew further down the thread ;D. A player who was discarded by Celtic and went on to struggle with Wolves, Southend and Aberdeen. Bizarre he would then be brought back to Celtic. Aberdeen fans have been saying this was the first time an Old Firm club signed a player from another SPL side and the process actually improved that team :D.

Its possible he might do a turn at LB in games against SPL opposition where Celtic are well on top and his inability to defend isnt exposed. He can hit a good deadball. Worrying for Celtic fans though that Lennon played him in the European games. I see Lennon is saying he still needs a LB however so Mulgrew will probably be out of the team fairly soon.

Main Street

The only thing Mulgrew managed to do good with the dead ball the other night was knock over the first man, standing idly about 25m away, with a perfect bulls eye shot.

The only debate is just around where he does rank along with Schite and DuWei.