Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Dannymac, you'll be delighted to know that McManus is back today along with Paddy McCourt and Zhang Zhi, Maloney and Brown out for at least 8 weeks though.
Have to beat the Buddies today.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 28, 2009, 02:19:18 PM
Dannymac, you'll be delighted to know that McManus is back today along with Paddy McCourt and Zhang Zhi, Maloney and Brown out for at least 8 weeks though.
Have to beat the Buddies today.

Hail Hail

Thankfully had the sense to not play the numpty. Actually playing pretty well here

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Good result today, 3-1 win, BUT should have been more.
Tbc....

the colonel

Was at the game. Coldest ever. Fox was awful.shocking passing. McGeady only player to do well though all goals were well taken.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: the colonel on November 28, 2009, 07:52:35 PM
Was at the game. Coldest ever. Fox was awful.shocking passing. McGeady only player to do well though all goals were well taken.

Thought young Aidan had a good game as well, how bad is Fortuné though!
Tbc....

the colonel

his second miss was a shocker, couldnt believe he missed. think he is trying to hard and needs to relax a bit

T Fearon

Encouraging result. Also have enough points on my Celtic rewards Credit Card now to bag a couple of Hospitality Tickets for a game, and I think you can use them for a Huns game ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Exclusive: Monaco edge closer to landing Celtic signing target Olivier Giroud
Dec 1 2009 Keith Jackson

Monaco have fired the first shot in the battle to land Celtic striking target Olivier Giroud.

Record Sport revealed on Saturday how Hoops boss Tony Mowbray had gone to France the previous night to watch the 23-year-old in action for Ligue 2 outfit Tours.

But Monaco have now dived into the fray and have slapped in a £1.5million offer for the player. Mowbray must now decide wether to enter a bidding war for Giroud.

As well as Monaco, former Celtic boss Gordon Strachan is also tracking the striker and is hopeful of taking him to Middlesbrough.

Strachan sent chief talent spotter Gordon McQueen to Friday's match but Monaco have sneaked in ahead of both British clubs.

But Record Sport believes the bid was booted into touch by Tours who've made it clear they expect to bank DOUBLE the amount offered for a player who has slammed in more than 30 goals in just 18 months.

Monaco are now expected to return with a bigger bid in an attempt to seal a 'gentleman's agreement' before the transfer window opens.

If the offer is a take-it-or-leave-it deal then Tours may feel pressurised into grabbing the cash now rather than gamble on waiting on Celtic and Boro to enter the race in January.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic    v    Hapoel Tel-Aviv
Europa League Group C
Venue: Celtic Park, Glasgow Date: Wednesday 2 December Kick-off: 2005 GMT Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland and BBC Radio 5 live

Artur Boruc is back in Celtic's plans for Wednesday's Europa League visit of Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

The goalkeeper has not played since the home defeat by Hamburg in late October, after which he had knee surgery.

Celtic last month asked Uefa for special dispensation to bring Dominic Cervi into their squad, but Boruc has now received permission to return.

Zheng Zhi drops out as he is not eligible while fellow midfielders Scott Brown and Shaun Maloney are injured.

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray said: "We initially only had two keepers in the squad, so we moved Artur out and got Cervi in.

"He will be involved at some stage. We need to get Artur up and going.

"He's back on the training ground and looking quite sharp and yet I don't see any great rush. Lukasz Zaluska has done quite well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic (from): Boruc, Zaluska, Caldwell, Loovens, Daniel Fox, Hinkel, McGeady, McGinn, Robson, N'Guemo, Crosas, Samaras, Fortune, McDonald, McManus, Cervi, Thompson, Carey, McCourt, Wilson.

Tbc....

charlieTully

I have a 25 quid free bet, would anyone back celtic tonight?

the colonel

I'd say man city would be a safer bet looking at the young squad arsenal are taking

NAG1

I think the question would be would anyone actually watch Celtic at the minute?

Lads the standard of football has never been worse and the whole league is turning into a pub league, they always talk about the pub league being in portugal but think the scots have taken over that mantle lately.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: NAG1 on December 02, 2009, 03:45:27 PM

Lads the standard of football has never been worse and the whole league is turning into a pub league, they always talk about the pub league being in portugal but think the scots have taken over that mantle lately.

McGeady said himself he wouldn't pay to watch Celtic at the minute. McGeady is the only one playing well this past few games. Still needs to learn to stop running into trouble though.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 02, 2009, 06:01:58 PM

McGeady said himself he wouldn't pay to watch Celtic at the minute. McGeady is the only one playing well this past few games. Still needs to learn to stop running into trouble though.

Although McGeady can undoubtably be greedy at times I personally think he runs into cul de sacs because he does not trust the other players around him to pass to them, and who can blame him?! I would fancy my chances of taking on a Manchester United defence myself rather than pass it to Caldwell if he had an open goal.

charlieTully

They must have read your post lad, cracking form in the first half should be 3 up.