?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

still might get decent money for boruc too

thats this yankee giant and the big and very good dundee utd polish keeper both signed (well looks like the yank is about to sign)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 20, 2009, 01:48:46 PM
still might get decent money for boruc too

thats this yankee giant and the big and very good dundee utd polish keeper both signed (well looks like the yank is about to sign)

Still really like Artur though, even with his gaffs this season, still a good keeper.
Most teams would have 3 keepers in the squad.
Hold onto Artur until next year at least, ease one of the two others into first team then when they and you are happy with performance, let Artur move onto pastures new.
Tbc....

Main Street

I thinks it's more a question of Celtic getting the cash for Boruc while there are a few years still left on his contract.
In his prime, he was class, the best Celtic goalkeeper .........  since Shay Given :)

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

aroundincircles

T Fearon

Is it not the height of stupidty for Celtic to announce the signing of this goalkeeper ahead of the Dundee Utd Huns game? After all current Dundee Utd goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska has signed a pre contract with Celtic and will enter the pantheon of Celtic goalkeeping legends like Simpson and Thompson by merely keeping a clean sheet this Sunday. Is he not likely now to be  a tad less motivated by knowing he has another new rival? In other words couldn't the club have stayed stum until next week at least ???

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2009, 09:25:55 AM
Is it not the height of stupidty for Celtic to announce the signing of this goalkeeper ahead of the Dundee Utd Huns game? After all current Dundee Utd goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska has signed a pre contract with Celtic and will enter the pantheon of Celtic goalkeeping legends like Simpson and Thompson by merely keeping a clean sheet this Sunday. Is he not likely now to be  a tad less motivated by knowing he has another new rival? In other words couldn't the club have stayed stum until next week at least ???

Well maybe it will work in the opposite way you think Tony, maybe he'll have a stormer and say "Thats what i can do, now give me that no1 jersey"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

I think thats what tony was meaning , and I'd agree with both of you.
Celtic and their tactics etc have not ben what you'd expect when it comes to man management and motivation - the ongoing McGeady saga is proof of that.
By some distance he was the best player in the spl for the first third of the season (after a few shaky games at the start), then got inj, then was dropped etc by strachan
its fairly obv that a young player needs to be 'loved' encouraged and brought on by a manager , Celtic have strachan who berates some of his best, I just cannot fathom his man management 'style' !
to me its having the converse effect.
walter smith is superb in this regard, which is why a rubbish rangers team are over achieving imo.
Same goes for the likes of craig levin, jimmy calderwood and mark mcghee - wonderful man managers and motivators.

illdecide

Good story... (Dunno if it's true!)

Celtic fan signs up on a Rangers forum, makes a couple of posts and no-one is any the wiser he's a Celtic fan.

Then he makes a thread saying

If you want tickets for next week's title decider away to Dundee United, read here...

Since the away allocation for Rangers fans of 5000 is long sold out. Tickets for the home end is the only solution.

But as we all know, if your not on Dundee United's official club/supporter database then you won't even be able to buy tickets for the home end.

Here's what to do..
Phone up the club shop. And ask to buy a pair of Dundee United kit socks. Don't even mention tickets for Sunday. They will become suspicious.
Then when they take your sock order, personal details and process your payment your details will then be stored on their system.

Give it a few hours until there's a shift change, phone up again and order your home tickets for the Rangers match and because of your sock order, you will be on their system and you will get your match tickets. It's perfect lads.

Turns out, there's no such database and all these Rangers fans have ended up with hundreds of pairs of Dundee United socks and no match tickets.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

the colonel

that is a classic! :D :D :D

i dont think the huns will beat DU, just hope we win! we'll just have to see how it goes!
the difference between success and failure is energy

T Fearon

I see Dundee Police have warned the huns fans they'll be out in force (pardon the pun ;D) on Sunday and will not tolerate any hooliganism, alcohol abuse or sectarianism. Obviously mindful of events in Manchester last year

Evil Genius

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article2424066.ece

Fair play to the Hoops for acting quickly and decisively.

As for the guy himself, I don't know which part of his account/ justification/excuses etc is the funniest.

Maybe the plaintiff "My Life is Over" headline? For something tells me that if that story is any evidence, his is more of an "existence" than a "life"... :D

"Our Day Will Come"? I think it just has, Aaron, and I hope you enjoyed it... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 21, 2009, 09:56:42 AM
Celtic have strachan who berates some of his best, I just cannot fathom his man management 'style' !
walter smith is superb in this regard, which is why a rubbish rangers team are over achieving imo.
Same goes for the likes of craig levin, jimmy calderwood and mark mcghee - wonderful man managers and motivators.
I see Billy McNeill was writing that he thinks Strachan should stay on , no question about it, Celtic through and through, best man for the job etc then finds plenty of space to go on to discuss the different possibilities should the position become vacant,, Owen Cole etc etc
but of course he ends with Strachan is the man.
Sound ominous :)

lfdown2

i see sami has given rangers plenty to pin up in the dressing room stupid hoor!

Quote from: Main Street on May 21, 2009, 07:01:01 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 21, 2009, 09:56:42 AM
Celtic have strachan who berates some of his best, I just cannot fathom his man management 'style' !
I see Billy McNeill was writing that he thinks Strachan should stay on , no question about it, Celtic through and through, best man for the job etc then finds plenty of space to go on to discuss the different possibilities should the position become vacant,, Owen Cole etc etc
but of course he ends with Strachan is the man.
Sound ominous :)

i think that strachan would have to make the decision himself to leave as the board are happy to be debt free and strachan buying irish & scottish league players will keep it that way