Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Great buy for Celtic and a move than would enhance his international prospects. ;D

Doogie Browser

Another obstacle to progress for McCourt and McGinn too?

Main Street

If there were a Reserve Team Champion's League, Celtic would have a good squad.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2009, 11:31:12 AM

Think will be competition for McGinn, really only think Paddy was brought in as a squad player.
Tbc....

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 14, 2009, 01:56:50 PM

Think will be competition for McGinn, really only think Paddy was brought in as a squad player.
I have head that McCourt is blazing a trail through the reserves though?  Meant to be playing very well and Willie McStay thinks he has a real chance next season.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2009, 03:05:32 PM

I have head that McCourt is blazing a trail through the reserves though?  Meant to be playing very well and Willie McStay thinks he has a real chance next season.
does anyone actually believe that these two lads have any chance
imo they are nice fellas and all that, but are typical northern Ireland standard players, never good enough for the big champions league competing sides like Celtic, man u, chelsea, barca etc etc

Doogie Browser

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 14, 2009, 03:14:03 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2009, 03:05:32 PM

does anyone actually believe that these two lads have any chance
imo they are nice fellas and all that, but are typical northern Ireland standard players, never good enough for the big champions league competing sides like Celtic, man u, chelsea, barca etc etc
I have seen McCourt over many years and always thought he had the requisite skill but sadly lacked any determination that he would need to succeed in top level soccer, I was surprised that Celtic went for him but the local press are bumming up his displays for the reserves bigtime and seem to think it is only a matter of time before he makes the first team.

In other news I see Liam Miller linked with a move to Cork City, if ever a player should have stayed with a club it was him at Celtic, but he lined his pockets and prob has no heart for the game anymore.

The Worker

I think that Mc Carthy would play through the centre at Celtic rather than out wide! (if we get him that is)

Main Street

I can't see Celtic splashing out enough cash to beat off the competition for McCarthy. He has a decent enough profile of a talented youngster and has attracted attention.

If they did pull it off and the McCarthy promise materialised then Celtic would have a very adequate CM with him, Crosas and Brown.

clarshack

it seems aberdeen have a load of 1st team players out tomorrow. could be a 4-0 or 5-0 job which is what celtic dont want. i'd settle for 2-0 which still leaves it fully in celtic hands.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Main Street on May 14, 2009, 09:43:51 PM
I can't see Celtic splashing out enough cash to beat off the competition for McCarthy. He has a decent enough profile of a talented youngster and has attracted attention.

If they did pull it off and the McCarthy promise materialised then Celtic would have a very adequate CM with him, Crosas and Brown.

useless midfielder, how was he ever on the books at the Nou Camp?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

clarshack

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 15, 2009, 11:02:31 PM

crosas has disappointed me a lot after some early promise. would like to see the back of him and naylor tbh. naylor especially was shocking the other night against dundee utd. honestly dont know how he can call himself a professional footballer.

Main Street

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 15, 2009, 11:02:31 PM

Why?   
Because he was one of the best young players in Spain, an outstanding midfielder in a very good Spanish youth team. And obviously made enough of an impression at Barca that they succeeded in having a fixed fee 'buy back clause' inserted into his transfer contract with Celtic.

Probably he is too injury prone to really get a chance to build on his promise and ability.
It´s pretty hard to get into a team when you have one injury after another.

Ah, but he is useless anyway  ::)

lynchbhoy

not in a settled team and is hit by inj and being picked/dropped by the eccentric strachan !
Crosas has impressed me on verious occasions with his tackling, mobility, shooting and above all else, his eye for a fantastically played pass !

aroundincircles