62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

aroundincircles

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 22, 2009, 06:37:15 PM
Hi lads running a celtic day on next old firm in my local gaa with

drinks promotion during game
hot bar snacks after game type of thing want a band from about 3 oclock to 6 or half six a wee two peice that can get the thing going with celtic and irish songs any one here know any small band that would be good for this type of thing.

cheers

Not much help coming forward.

cavan4ever

Anyone thinking of going to the Wembly tournament in July?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 23, 2009, 05:36:57 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on April 22, 2009, 06:37:15 PM
Hi lads running a celtic day on next old firm in my local gaa with

drinks promotion during game
hot bar snacks after game type of thing want a band from about 3 oclock to 6 or half six a wee two peice that can get the thing going with celtic and irish songs any one here know any small band that would be good for this type of thing.

cheers

Not much help coming forward.

You could try the Irish Brigade (if their still going) their from East Tyrone, might be a wee bit extreme for what your planning, but they definately would get the crowd going.
Tbc....

fred the red

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 25, 2009, 10:06:00 AM

whats the dates?

cavan4ever

Quote from: fred the red on April 25, 2009, 10:35:46 AM

whats the dates?

24th and 26th , Celtic, Spurs , Barcelona and some club from middle east.  Celtic wont play Barca.

Rav67

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 25, 2009, 11:35:11 AM
Quote from: fred the red on April 25, 2009, 10:35:46 AM

whats the dates?

24th and 26th , Celtic, Spurs , Barcelona and some club from middle east.  Celtic wont play Barca.

I'll probably head to the game on the 26th then as its a Sunday.  You going to either game?

If Celtic win the SPL they will play in that pre-season Peace Cup which I think Barca are in.

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 23, 2009, 09:14:06 AM
Southderryman, buy tickets on club website, if you get in early enough you can get very good seats. Seated right in front of Directors Box last Saturday and again for the Hearts game on May 24th.

I could go to supporters clubs but it wouldn't be fair just to ask for Rangers tickets and I don't really want to rejoin, as I like making my own arrangements these days.

Agree though its a bummer that post split clubs seem to be struggling with travel arrangements. Surely the AICSC could request a meeting with Stena and P&O and come to some arrangement at the start of the season? Tony Hamilton aludes to this problem in his column in this week's Celtic View and states that its a shame that of their two home fixtures remaining, one is being played in midweek and he makes the very valid point that no other club has a fanbase that travels in such number from a different country to home games

It also seems to me that neither Easyjet or Ryanair flights from Glasgow on Saturdays now from Belfast, facilitate  using this mode of travel for 3pm kick offs.

awk tony ye dont wanna be in fron of the directors box, ye wanna be in 111 or 445 where there's actually a bit a noise and atmosphere, all be it with some very over zealous stewarding!

you wouldnt have to rejoin, honestly i think you'd be surprised who easy it is to get yer hands on huns tickets these days. and you'd get your tickets cheaper fro most games from csc's than you would from celtic. im not talkin about using the clubs travel if you'd rather sort your own, i know many clubs who deal with ticket only aswell.

wouldnt hold my breath on the AICSC doing anything, not unless there's money involved. and havent read the celtic view in years, full of pish but i suppose thats whats expected from an in house publication, altho hamiltons about the only one who i've spoke to who talks some sense, he's just not allowed to put some of it in print. he's quite right about the last 2 fixtures and its a shame but there's only one group of people to blame, the SPL.

southderryman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2009, 01:07:28 AM

Surely the reason for the split is so that 12 teams rather than 10 can be accomodated in the SPL while the number of games is kept reasonable and the top teams play each other 4 times. Until this season the Eircom league was 12 team with 3 matches between each side but that couldn't work in Scotland as the Old Firm team with 2 home games against the other would have too much of an advantage.

Does the spilt not actually make a title decider more likely as Celtic have to play Rangers in the last 5 games whereas under other systems they could have their final match in March?

no.

the split was introduced after 1999 when the huns won the league at celtic park and dallas was struck with the coin.

the nature of the SPL was too unpredictable and they couldnt guarantee setting out the fixtures with the glasgow derby in march would guarantee no title decider. we've seen a few times since that celtic have been well clear by march and have the had the chance to sew it up.

the split was brought in so that they could assess the situation with 5 games to go and could then play the last game early if the league was tight, or if one team had a say 9/10 point advantage leave it to the 2nd last game or so in order that the league already be over.

to me its a pile of shite anyway. they make us play at 12.30 to avoid the pubs being open (well 12.30 on a sun at parkhead when no pubs are open due to sunday laws, but for some reason always 12.30 on a sat at ibrox when the pubs can be open from 8am - take from that what you will) so that "there's less chance of violence"...........well there's far more violence down in around the barras/glasgow cross/saltmarket area when everyone has been drinkin all day due to the early kick off.

celtic played the huns on wed 16th april last season with a 7/45pm KO and i seem to remember no rioting........strange that.   ::)

Main Street

Sdm, is your main gripe with the scheduled KO times of the games?

From a football perspective the split looks to be a good idea, especially when it is tight at the top.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Looking like Mick McManus and Samaras will be back available for selection against Aberdeen on Saturday. Good to know that the injuries are clearing up at the right time.

Aberdeen is a must win match, It's not going to be easy that's for sure, hopefully their trip to Spain (week just past) will have recharged the batteries.
Aberdeen away on Saturday morning is a must win, then Huns have to wait til Sunday afternoon to entertain Hearts at Mordor. Hopefully by that stage we would have the points in the bag and the pressures back on them.

By Monday morning we both will have 2 home and 2 away games, with the next game being the OF match!!
Tbc....

T Fearon

Crucial game on Saturday. Hope Diamond isn't fit for the Dons, he came off at Celtic Park last Saturday week. A win on Saturday and avoidance of defeat at Mordor the following weekend will go a long way to clinching four in a row.

Big game for the reserves this afternoon at Mordor as well. If they avoid defeat ,they wrap up their 8th (I think it is) title in a row, and medals for Mc Court and Mc Ginn in their first season. ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 28, 2009, 10:50:09 AM
Crucial game on Saturday. Hope Diamond isn't fit for the Dons, he came off at Celtic Park last Saturday week. A win on Saturday and avoidance of defeat at Mordor the following weekend will go a long way to clinching four in a row.

Big game for the reserves this afternoon at Mordor as well. If they avoid defeat ,they wrap up their 8th (I think it is) title in a row, and medals for Mc Court and Mc Ginn in their first season. ;D

Am at work, but is the reserve match being shown on-line anywhere Tone?
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

the colonel

Tony, i think Diamond is out for the season
the difference between success and failure is energy