?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 06, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 05:20:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 05, 2009, 11:16:40 AM
Ginger  C U N T !    >:(
Don't understand the animosity towards Strachan. 3 titles and a 4th on the way, 2 last 16 finishes in the Champions League, and all on a far smaller budget than MON was given. When was the last time Strachan was given 6 or 7 million to splash on one player? And yet he's taken the ageing team tha O'Neill left behind and transformed it on the cheap. Give the man some credit.

Ah ffs, just read the thread - the reasons are all laid out in plain english!  ::)
Get the Wee Ginger Shite away to fcuk!!

Am I alone in that I don't care much about the level or type of opinionated abuse that is thrown at a personality but what has GS's hair colour got to do with anything (or for that matter, even the size of his member )?

Clown

just a question
why is strachan getting more abuse/calls for his head than walter smith is?
u very rarely hear of huns fans calling for him to be sacked?

i read the other day that smith spent 7 million on maurice edu, kyle lafferty and another player (cant remember his name) that hasnt done anything

strachan wasnt given anywere near that in the summer to spend

T Fearon

Strachan's achievements are appreciated by many, but sadly there seems to be more than a few who don't view him as a "Celtic man".

What I like about him is that he doesn't give a fcuk what anyone thinks but does his own thing and his impressive  trophy haul is testimony to his judgement.

Clown

im not so sure that because he isnt a celtic man thats why the fans cant take to him. the fans hav taken to a lot of players who signed for us that supported Rangers or played for rangers before - Robson, Lambert, even Kenny Miller for example - were more widely accepted by the celtic faithful than WGS

i think a lot of it is down to his attitude and the way he deals with the media. some people find him arrogant and twisty, personally sometimes i find it funny, other times a bit strange
but at the end of the day his record cant be criticised

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on January 06, 2009, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 06, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 05:20:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 05, 2009, 11:16:40 AM
Ginger  C U N T !    >:(
Don't understand the animosity towards Strachan. 3 titles and a 4th on the way, 2 last 16 finishes in the Champions League, and all on a far smaller budget than MON was given. When was the last time Strachan was given 6 or 7 million to splash on one player? And yet he's taken the ageing team tha O'Neill left behind and transformed it on the cheap. Give the man some credit.

Ah ffs, just read the thread - the reasons are all laid out in plain english!  ::)
Get the Wee Ginger Shite away to fcuk!!

Am I alone in that I don't care much about the level or type of opinionated abuse that is thrown at a personality but what has GS's hair colour got to do with anything (or for that matter, even the size of his member )?

Mainstreet you a carrot top by any chance?
Ginger just fits in nicely with the monacker WGS.

Quote from: Clown on January 06, 2009, 12:11:28 PM
just a question
why is strachan getting more abuse/calls for his head than walter smith is?
u very rarely hear of huns fans calling for him to be sacked?

I think that you'll find that Huns are constantly calling for the head of Minty Moonbeams, Wally, Aunt Sally etc.... all of course at different levels and different times.
I have supported WGS for the past 3 1/2 yrs against the grain on many occasions and arguing blind loyality on others, but enough is enough and McGeadygate was the final straw for me!
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

for me - and many other fans that I know of
it is not because he is a hibs man or ex man u player (ie not a celtic man)

Wim jansen wasnt a Celtic man and he was LOVED !

Its for reasons as clown says - lack of tactical awareness, lack of consistency, not being able to make changes when a game is obv going against celtic, his transfer dealings (and the dross he buys), his spats with players over seemingly non-issues.
His public humiliation of players laid bare for the press to see (MON and all good managers do all this behind closed doors so no one knows about it).
THAT is some of the stuff that happens on a consistent basis that doesnt seem to be improving and all it will take is an improvement by rangers and Celtic are going to be passed again. Celtic shoul dbe building on their loead and position right now.
They havent improved since day one when GS took over. They are just doing enough to win spl, which is great and desired, but we need more.
the two CL last 16's were almost fluke like. Still no points gained away from home in cl on consistent basis, plus home form is dipping. One win in three this year....need I go on ?
its nothing personal to GS or his hair etc. He's just not demonstrating what I would like to see from a manager - esp a Celtic manager.

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on January 05, 2009, 02:20:44 PM
Was at the game on Saturday, what a let down. 2-0 up and  coasting, then Dundee United took over completely and to cap it all that Hun b**tard Feeney scored the equaliser and was then booked for taunting Celtic fans in a totally non sectarian manner of course. >:(

Does it give you some sort of secret thrill to make up bigoted lies? Feeney scored in the 77th minute, in front of the Dundee United end. He was booked a good five minutes later for Dissent, following an (entirely unrelated) incident where he disputed a throw-in.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 06, 2009, 12:53:09 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 05, 2009, 02:20:44 PM
Was at the game on Saturday, what a let down. 2-0 up and  coasting, then Dundee United took over completely and to cap it all that Hun b**tard Feeney scored the equaliser and was then booked for taunting Celtic fans in a totally non sectarian manner of course. >:(

Does it give you some sort of secret thrill to make up bigoted lies? Feeney scored in the 77th minute, in front of the Dundee United end. He was booked a good five minutes later for Dissent, following an (entirely unrelated) incident where he disputed a throw-in.
whether you believe newspapers or not, two sports reports I read on sunday said much the same thing as Tony - only with a more harmless usage of language to depict the incident.

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2009, 09:13:47 AM
I was sitting in the  North Stand and Feeney taunted fans in the South Stand. Now I don't know whether or not he was provoked but even if he was, it is no excuse. If every player reacted to fans taunts there would be mayhem. The referee showed him a yellow card and he has been in all the local papers gloating about scoring against Celtic, how big a huns fan he is, and this is the highlight of his absolutely average career etc etc. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Ah, so you were at the game, then? Then you will know that he was not booked for his goal celebration, as you have clearly implied in your previous post.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

T Fearon

He was booked for taunting Celtic supporters at the bottom of the South Stand a few minutes after his goal. Whatever he said caused dozens of Celtic supporters to rise out of their seats and react.I witnessed this with my own eyes.

Now given his family background, his unavowed love for the Huns etc, and the reaction of the Celtic supporters on the receiving end of his abuse, it is reasonable to assume that the taunts he offered were sectarian in nature.

If evidence emerges to the contrary then I will of course apologise and retract my original statement.

Main Street

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 06, 2009, 12:47:20 PM
Mainstreet you a carrot top by any chance?
Ginger just fits in nicely with the monacker WGS.

No, just glad to have a decent amount of hair at all ;)

Ginger is used as a term of abuse not as a term of description.
He's a wee black shite / a wee crippled shite / a wee ginger shite,
No difference imo with any of those terms.

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2009, 01:04:56 PM
He was booked for taunting Celtic supporters at the bottom of the South Stand a few minutes after his goal. Whatever he said caused dozens of Celtic supporters to rise out of their seats and react.I witnessed this with my own eyes.

Now given his family background, his unavowed love for the Huns etc, and the reaction of the Celtic supporters on the receiving end of his abuse, it is reasonable to assume that the taunts he offered were sectarian in nature.

If evidence emerges to the contrary then I will of course apologise and retract my original statement.
"Evidence" is it? Where is your evidence that he taunted the Celtic fans in a sectarian manner? The facts are, having scored a late equaliser a few minutes earlier, a player became involved in  some sort of altercation with a nearby section of the opposing fans at a throw-in and was booked. And from that, you automatically assume, since it suits your own, bigoted agenda, that he must have reacted in a "sectarian" manner. This despite the fact that in so sensitive a setting as a football match involving one of the Old firm clubs, the Referee didn't report any such thing. Nor did the Police. Nor did Celtic FC. Nor did the BBC. Not did any of the local newspapers. In fact, several of these did not even mention his booking, so unremarkable was it to them.

Most people are familiar with the concept of "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"; but in your case, it is clearly a case of "Innocent Until Proven Protestant".

Quite frankly, you have no more evidence that Feeney's actions were in any way sectarian, than I have that the actions of the Celtic fans involved were sectarian.

Then again, that has never stopped you in the past... ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Clown

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4755959,00.html

wot do u make of this?

it cud either be that he has admitted he was wrong and is going to knuckle down to get back on the team or he doesnt see the point appealing as he has a transfer lined up for january

T Fearon

Why would he appeal his suspension punishment  now when he has already served it?

I reckon he has been told by a few wise men round Paradise to button it, knuckle down, and toe the line. There can only be one boss at Celtic.

Clown

by succesfully appealing he wudnt hav been docked 2 weeks wages
i wud guess