?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 15, 2021, 06:31:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 04:22:43 PM
It seems the general opinion of child sex abuse with some posters is: it depends where it happened

If it happened at an institution that is close to some poster's heart, such as, say, a football club they support, the default reaction is to try and ascribe a bad faith motive to any other poster who references it

The shoot the messenger tactic

Any poster who does that has a serious problem of bad faith, and by extension a serious problem as regards their attitude to child sex abuse

At least four posters here are now guilty of that

Oh please name them
I will indeed

You, Angelo, marty34 and Main Street

All four of you have gone for the shoot the messenger strategy

dublin7

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 08:14:45 PM
It seems the general opinion of child sex abuse with some posters is: it depends where it happened

If it happened at an institution that is close to some poster's heart, such as, say, a football club they support, the default reaction is to try and ascribe a bad faith motive to any other poster who references it

Any poster who does that has a serious problem of bad faith, and by extension a serious problem as regards their attitude to child sex abuse

Oh please name them
I will indeed

It's not worth it Sid. If you're not a Celtic fan you don't have the right to mention the published report. If you question why Celtic fans didn't comment on the published report you get put in your place.

It's not just Celtic fans who are paranoid like this. Football fans all over turn a blind to things their own club /players do. Liverpool fans did it with Suarez's racism/biting, Utd fans did it with Cantona attacking the fan, Chelsea fans ignored John Terry's racism and that's just a small sample

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on February 15, 2021, 08:27:02 PM

Oh please name them
I will indeed

It's not worth it Sid. If you're not a Celtic fan you don't have the right to mention the published report. If you question why Celtic fans didn't comment on the published report you get put in your place.

It's not just Celtic fans who are paranoid like this. Football fans all over turn a blind to things their own club /players do. Liverpool fans did it with Suarez's racism/biting, Utd fans did it with Cantona attacking the fan, Chelsea fans ignored John Terry's racism and that's just a small sample
No question and as a Liverpool supporter I'll agree that Liverpool did similar with Suarez's racism, the biting I can tolerate  ;D

Celtic supporters also racially abused Mark Walters in the New Year Derby in 1988

So Celtic supporters themselves are by no means the saints they portray themselves as

Manchester City's support are the biggest examples of football fan Trumpism at the moment, when anybody brings up their links to the Abu Dhabi regime, they go mental and turn into full on trolls for despots

tonto1888

Oh please name them
I will indeed

So tell me. What is my serious problem with my attitude towards child sex abuse

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 15, 2021, 11:40:27 PM

Oh please name them
I will indeed

So tell me. What is my serious problem with my attitude towards child sex abuse
The problem is that you can't respond to any reference about child sex abuse at Celtic without ascribing a bad faith motive to anybody who brings it up, you have to have a dig

That shows you're more concerned that the reputation of Celtic FC be protected, and/or avoiding, in your own mind, being the "victim" of a forum "gotcha" as a Celtic supporter, than concerned about the actual child sex abuse and the victims

Frankly I couldn't care less about setting up a forum "gotcha" on you

But if you were posting in good faith you'd be reading the riot act on the club for their disgraceful reaction, not just now but over years

I mean look at the abuse the Celtic board have taken on this thread over the months because they haven't sacked Lennon, as is their perfect right

Football team doesn't win title, Celtic supporters will get over it

But here's a matter where the board have genuinely shamed the club, and yet the usually vocal Celtic supporters on here seem curiously quiet on it, except for a few platitudes such as "paedophilia is bad" - well done for thinking that

Shouldn't Celtic supporters be calling on the board, chief executive, owner, whoever, to resign immediately over this matter - over their consistent weasel words and denials that Celtic Boys Club had anything to do with Celtic Football Club, as well as their non-apology?

If they aren't, why aren't they? Because it's a far, far more serious matter than leaving a failing manager in place  - and they're calling for the board to be sacked over that

They denied this for one reason and one reason only - pathetic crisis management - an institutional closing of ranks - just like the Catholic Church

Shouldn't Rangers supporters be calling for the resignation of their board, for that matter - it's the same club as pre-2012 and we all know that, even Celtic supporters who still use the name "Sevco" as a sad turgid little in joke

Snapchap

I see Sid, the same fella who just returned from a ban after accusing me of being into dead children, has found a whole new way to use the suffering of children to troll people he dislikes on the internet.

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on February 16, 2021, 08:05:52 AM
I see Sid, the same fella who just returned from a ban after accusing me of being into dead children, has found a whole new way to use the suffering of children to troll people he dislikes on the internet.

I think you have to live a very sad life to use child abuse victims to score points on the internet.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Well you did support blowing them up, like

That's just a fact

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 08:20:39 AM

I think you have to live a very sad life to use child abuse victims to score points on the internet.
So why do you do it?

Have you not the guts to say?

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 08:29:40 AM

That's just a fact

I support blowong up children? Reported.

Angelo

That's just a fact

So did you, by your logic.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on February 16, 2021, 08:30:59 AM

That's just a fact

Look, mate, own it

You say yourself you're a PIRA supporter, as has the other bozo here

They deliberately blew up towns and cities

That resulted in dead children

Yet you somehow think you're a victim for this being pointed out?!  ;D

Fooking hell

The fake victimhood complex of PIRA supporters knows no bounds

Given the weasel words of certain posters here towards the paedophilia at Celtic, a lot of this really is starting to add up

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 08:38:38 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on February 16, 2021, 08:30:59 AM

That's just a fact

Look, mate, own it

You say yourself you're a PIRA supporter, as has the other bozo here

They deliberately blew up towns and cities

That resulted in dead children

Yet you somehow think you're a victim for this being pointed out?!  ;D

Fooking hell

The fake victimhood complex of PIRA supporters knows no bounds

Given the weasel words of certain posters here towards the paedophilia at Celtic, a lot of this really is starting to add up

You are a supporter of the Old IRA. Does that somehow mean you supoort killing children?

You're a sick, warped little lowlife. Get a life instead of using the concept of child suffering to pick fights online.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on February 16, 2021, 08:47:01 AM
You are a supporter of the Old IRA.

No, I'm not

You're a sick, warped little lowlife.
Persuasive argument

Get a life instead of using the concept of child suffering to pick fights online.
Be nice if the victims of the PIRA could have a life

You've nothing to say about Celtic's disgraceful behaviour either, I see

I could have guessed

Applesisapples

So Celtic aren't going to win the league this year. I never cease to be amazed at the level of hurt felt by Irish people over the failure of a Scottish or English team to win their respective leagues, and the hyperbolic vitriol that is then visited on Managers/Boards and players. I want to see Celtic win as much as the next man. But some perspective is require, nobody fcukin died. I am more exercised by the shambles that was their foreign training camp than any league failings. We are in the middle of a pandemic, friends and neighbours are getting sick and dying that is important not the SPL. If we all got the abuse for making mistakes in our working lives that Neil Lennon has got we'd all be going to court crying bullying and discrimination. A little perspective is required, by all means call out his and the boards failings but lay of the abuse, and just because someone has the temerity to express a different view to you doesn't give you the right to abuse them also. If you have to resort to name calling and abuse, then you lost the debate.