Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Looks like an all guns blazing kinda side tonight, backing over 6.5 goals scored at 14/1

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on December 23, 2020, 05:02:10 PM
Looks like an all guns blazing kinda side tonight, backing over 6.5 goals scored at 14/1

Yip, 2 up front. Fancy a big win tonight..(prob end up 1-0...lol)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lenny

Quote from: MoChara on December 23, 2020, 11:18:17 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 09:55:41 AM
Quote from: illdecide on December 22, 2020, 09:41:35 PM
European teams with a bit more quality were cutting us open thru the middle 100% accurate on that but i meant domestically where teams of less quality knew lumping the ball into the box had Celtic in a frenzy...TBH S Duffy I thought would have mopped them balls up all day long and was our answer to high balls into the defence, a no nonsense defender who would clear his lines and wouldn't be bullied by any Centre Forward but it hasn't really worked out like that. I believe the Goal keeping situation is our biggest problem though and if we'd have kept big Frazer F I think we'd have another 10pts on the board by now (IMO).

Why do Rangers do considerably better than us in Europe so?

I'll tell you why, they are a better drilled, more cohesive and fitter unit.

Celtic are an extremely poor prepared outfit.

Anyway in other news, James McCarthy linked with a move. He would give the midfield a much more solid defensive option there and if we can get shot of Ntcham it would be a good move for me.

Hard to take much from a rumour like that, he's been linked every window for a decade

He's finished anyway, crippled with injuries.

Angelo

Hopefully Griffiths can get a run of games, by far the most natural scorer in the squad.

Lennon seems to be hoping Edouard plays himself into form but he was poor again on Sunday and I don't know how many more chances he should be presented with. Klimala had a good outing against Lille and has been ignored since.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 22, 2020, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 22, 2020, 01:47:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 22, 2020, 01:39:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 22, 2020, 01:10:10 PM
Stuart Armstrong has developed into a very good midfielder at Southampton.  Celtic lack that sort of midfielder

I actually think we have plenty of that sort of midfielder - Christie, Rogic, Ntcham and Turnbull all play a similar role to Armstrong.

The problem is we lack that defensive presence in our midfield. Brown's legs have gone, McGregor has been hot and cold. Soro has done well since coming in but we could with another energetic, defensive minded option in the midfield.

For me Soro should be an automatic starter if he maintains his form.

Not one of those players is near Armstrong, I am sorry to say. Rogic at his prime perhaps.

I don't know really. Armstrong was never a guaranteed starter under Rodgers or Deila. He was in and out of the team. He's a decent player but I'd probably have Christie and Rogic over him. Granted he is probably in better form than both at present.

Christie and McGregor are ahead of him in the national team pecking order in any case.

Armstrong is better than these lads playing regularly with Southampton.  Christie and Rogic are not regulars in a very poor Celtic team.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on December 23, 2020, 06:59:42 PM
Stuart Armstrong has developed into a very good midfielder at Southampton.  Celtic lack that sort of midfielder

I actually think we have plenty of that sort of midfielder - Christie, Rogic, Ntcham and Turnbull all play a similar role to Armstrong.

The problem is we lack that defensive presence in our midfield. Brown's legs have gone, McGregor has been hot and cold. Soro has done well since coming in but we could with another energetic, defensive minded option in the midfield.

Not one of those players is near Armstrong, I am sorry to say. Rogic at his prime perhaps.

I don't know really. Armstrong was never a guaranteed starter under Rodgers or Deila. He was in and out of the team. He's a decent player but I'd probably have Christie and Rogic over him. Granted he is probably in better form than both at present.

Christie and McGregor are ahead of him in the national team pecking order in any case.

Armstrong is better than these lads playing regularly with Southampton.  Christie and Rogic are not regulars in a very poor Celtic team.

I don't think Armstrong is a better player to be honest. He's certainly playing better at the minute but he was never a guaranteed start at Celtic and spent a lot of his time behind Rogic. I also think Christie in the season he made his breakthrough played at a much higher level than Armstrong did for Celtic.

Has Armstrong improved since he left Celtic? Possibly. He is still behind Christie for the national team though so clearly Steve Clarke rates Christie higher at least.

Another flat enough display. Edouard very low on confidence, Turnbull our best player, Soro very tidy.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 07:08:48 PM

I don't think Armstrong is a better player to be honest. He's certainly playing better at the minute but he was never a guaranteed start at Celtic and spent a lot of his time behind Rogic. I also think Christie in the season he made his breakthrough played at a much higher level than Armstrong did for Celtic.

Has Armstrong improved since he left Celtic? Possibly. He is still behind Christie for the national team though so clearly Steve Clarke rates Christie higher at least.

Another flat enough display. Edouard very low on confidence, Turnbull our best player, Soro very tidy.

I disagree. Armstrong's a better player for sure.

Consistently playing at a higher level and was sold was big enough money.

Rogic or Christie are to inconsistent, in and out of the team and nobody is busting down the door to take them. As I say, too inconsistent.

As an aside, Celtic should have bought Ivan Toney during the summer but as Barry Fry said during the time that Celtic very sniffing about, that they wouldn't spend the money.  Coming in with poor offers, then upping  it a wee bith the next time.  Typical Peter Lawell.

What happened?  Same story as John Mc Ginn, Lawell was trying to shaft a smaller club again..and got burned again.

Then, in panic buying, the bought Ajeti, as they needed somebody.  I think he was £5 m and very clearly isn't great.

Main Street

Frimpong will be some player once he finds his final ball.

bennydorano

There's no cohesion there yet, plenty of effort which is great, but trying to force it (or wishing for it to fall into place). I still don't see how it ends in anything but tears tbh.

JimStynes

If Hibs can get a result against Rangers and Celtic beat them the next week that'll make it more interesting. I just can't see Celtic winning all their games in hand. They're just not playing well enough and not beating teams convincingly. It seems to be a struggle at the minute.

illdecide

Hard one to gauge as we'd a tough one on Sunday that had extra time and penalties so bound to have been a bit off the pace. 2-0 win which was comfortable and a few missed chances that could easily have been 3 or 4. Job done and move on to Sat. Agreed we're still missing something and it still hasn't clicked but def a bit better and going in the right direction just not at the speed i'd like and prob too late. I like Soro and the more i see him the more i like him, Turnbull and Soro have def added a wee spark to the team. Rogic great technically but far too slow, not a fan of Ntcham and French Eddie is way off it but we'll assume he'll mark his comeback to form on Jan 2nd. Good to see Griff back scoring but a disgrace it has taken him 9 months to get fit FFS, I know Aghagallon GAA farmers 4 stone overweight could get into shape quicker.

S Armstrong is a better player than Rogic and Christie...Who thinks otherwise?

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on December 23, 2020, 08:25:34 PM
Hard one to gauge as we'd a tough one on Sunday that had extra time and penalties so bound to have been a bit off the pace. 2-0 win which was comfortable and a few missed chances that could easily have been 3 or 4. Job done and move on to Sat. Agreed we're still missing something and it still hasn't clicked but def a bit better and going in the right direction just not at the speed i'd like and prob too late. I like Soro and the more i see him the more i like him, Turnbull and Soro have def added a wee spark to the team. Rogic great technically but far too slow, not a fan of Ntcham and French Eddie is way off it but we'll assume he'll mark his comeback to form on Jan 2nd. Good to see Griff back scoring but a disgrace it has taken him 9 months to get fit FFS, I know Aghagallon GAA farmers 4 stone overweight could get into shape quicker.

Full of shit, all Aghagallon men are all in great shape.

Aaron Boone

The Gers P19 P53
Celtic P16 P37.

It's a huge gap. Points on the board and all that. 

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on December 23, 2020, 09:52:01 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 23, 2020, 08:25:34 PM

Full of shit, all Aghagallon men are all in great shape.

Lol...aye round is a shape ;)

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on December 23, 2020, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 07:08:48 PM

I disagree. Armstrong's a better player for sure.

Consistently playing at a higher level and was sold was big enough money.

Rogic or Christie are to inconsistent, in and out of the team and nobody is busting down the door to take them. As I say, too inconsistent.

As an aside, Celtic should have bought Ivan Toney during the summer but as Barry Fry said during the time that Celtic very sniffing about, that they wouldn't spend the money.  Coming in with poor offers, then upping  it a wee bith the next time.  Typical Peter Lawell.

What happened?  Same story as John Mc Ginn, Lawell was trying to shaft a smaller club again..and got burned again.

Then, in panic buying, the bought Ajeti, as they needed somebody.  I think he was £5 m and very clearly isn't great.

Armstrong was extremely inconsistent at Celtic. One great season and two very average ones.

We definitely should have gone for Toney definitely ahead of Ajeti.

Good to see Griffiths get one in the second half. He had a few chances that he spurned but it was a terrific header and for me Griffiths, if he's fit, has to be in the team as he sniffs goals.

Edouard was really poor again tonight, he needs to be dropped as it's just no happening for him.