7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

JimStynes

Celtic would probably let him go for £15m ffs

straightred

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2020, 09:50:45 PM
No chance. There was a time when that might have happened but not now. Look at KT last year. They said 25m and not a penny less. That's exactly what they got. I would think if fat man from across the city is going to fetch 18m to 20m (and it looks like he will) then the bidding for Eddy starts at 30

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2020, 09:50:45 PM
;D
A club could buy MoreLoss for that.

You didn't even read beyond the headline, your rumour sources are quoting Edouard as a GBP40m rated striker

JimStynes

I wasn't being totally serious about 15million but I do think Celtic will let him go. All this talk of Celtic doing everything to keep him and naming his price for a year is useless once a substantial offer comes in for him. Celtic have been quiet in the transfer market, they would need to get the finger out here quick.

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2020, 10:17:43 PM
I wasn't being totally serious about 15million but I do think Celtic will let him go. All this talk of Celtic doing everything to keep him and naming his price for a year is useless once a substantial offer comes in for him. Celtic have been quiet in the transfer market, they would need to get the finger out here quick.
"All this talk"  is normal respectful talk and I'm sure Edouard appreciates the support from Celtic. He's in a strong enough position to pick and choose from any offers and not just end up at a club like Villa because they met the reserve price. If no good offer comes in, he knows he can stay with Celtic on vastly improved terms for another season if needs be. It's a big  season for Celtic and a rare opportunity for a player such as him to be a major part of something special.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2020, 10:43:50 PM
"All this talk"  is normal respectful talk and I'm sure Edouard appreciates the support from Celtic. He's in a strong enough position to pick and choose from any offers and not just end up at a club like Villa because they met the reserve price. If no good offer comes in, he knows he can stay with Celtic on vastly improved terms for another season if needs be. It's a big  season for Celtic and a rare opportunity for a player such as him to be a major part of something special.

I'd say Lawell will let him off if the right offer comes in.

A premiership club should take a punt on him.  He's decent, can score goals and has the potential to develop more.

With Brentford not being promoted, Celtic might buy Toney for a few quid to replace him.  Window doesn't close to October iirc, so there a good fee games to be played before that.

I'd say with Rangers brining in 2 strikers, then Moreles' days must be numbered.

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on August 05, 2020, 11:03:25 PM

A premiership club should take a punt on him.  He's decent, can score goals and has the potential to develop more.

With Brentford not being promoted, Celtic might buy Toney for a few quid to replace him.  Window doesn't close to October iirc, so there a good fee games to be played before that.

I'd say with Rangers brining in 2 strikers, then Moreles' days must be numbered.
There are two aspects, first a club makes an offer that meets Celtic's reserve price, the second is that the club meets Edouard's standards of excellence.
He's not obliged to accept the first club that meets Celtic's reserve price.

ned

He's decent? He is already much more than decent.

lurganblue

That reliable outlet The Sun stated that Villa are in for him.  Celtic want 40m but Villa are confident they can get him for lower than that.  Their words...

Either way, rumours were defo heating up yesterday.  I see this as a similar situation as Grealish.  The owning club needs a cut off date when they will no longer entertain the idea at any cost. 

marty34

Quote from: ned on August 06, 2020, 08:08:25 AM

He's decent? He is already much more than decent.

Decent as he's playing against Hamilton and Livingston etc. on a weekly basis. At that, you'd expect 40+ goals a season.

illdecide

In any other year or circumstances i will always say every player has their price and whether we like it or not it has to be run as a business as well as a football club or we'd go to the wall, so if we're to get £40m - £50m for Edouard then it's a great bit of business and Pete L will probably take it and move on nicely. However, this is no ordinary year and if Celtic sell him and end up losing the league then there'd be a riot in the East end of Glasgow. Pete L gets a fair bit of stick but the ordinary fan sometimes are blinded by what it takes to run a club and run it successfully too which he's done recently and has to be commended for it, I know for a fact majority of clubs in Europe never mind the UK would love to have someone like Pete L running their club. He has a lot of respect across all the leagues and from UEFA/FIFA, the man has a bit of Aura about him.

It's really difficult to handle this one...to be fair to the players he's kept his head down and said nothing and just got on with it. I think he's a nice guy and very modest so whatever happens with him I personally wish him the best of luck as he's not beating the door down looking away like others did. All I do know is if Celtic sell him they'd better have 2 top strikers sitting waiting ready to sign.

As for Morelos I believe tonight is his last game for Sevco and will be sold. Slippy knew this hence the signing of two strikers this week, what their quality is like is a bit unknown but we'll soon find out but one thing is for sure and that is we still need 2-3 quality signings to keep or strength and depth in the squad...HH
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

This Scottish league thing and the standard is wearing thin too BTW, some people need to wise up. All the English supporters keep coming up with this crap every year yet 90% of players that are moved on from Celtic to other clubs seem to do rightly in the so called top English league...the same league that would put you to sleep watching a live game (majority of matches), the "Match of the day" does a wonderful job of cramming in 90 sec of action from a 90 min games to show us how wonderful it is.

There's probably double the amount of money spent in England than any other league but the Champions league winner in more likely to come from a different Country than England...funny that as it's the best league in the world.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyroneman

Two of the best (if not the best)  left backs in the EPL came from the Scottish league -  SPL teams have been receiving criminally low prices for thier players, at some point they need to make a stand (although that's difficult given their overall finances and prize money)

uimhr ocht

Given its a history making season its frustrating to see our transfer dealings stumble from issue to issue regarding players we are negotiating with,ajeti deal,forster deal,toney deal,fletcher also, nothing seems straight forward when the club are trying to get players.Eduoard needs to be offered new deal and keep him this season and cash in big time next summer.need a couple of quality signings to freshen the squad.