?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lenny

Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2016, 09:47:46 PM
All in all, Celtic held onto their football honor tonight, I thought Brown was exemplary out there.
Apart from the 2 horror games, Celtic don't look out of place in the CL group stages, I hope Bren is supported by the board to improve the team for next season's challenge.

Agree, we played fairly well against a top, top side. Brown was excellent along with Armstrong who is improving all the time. Sinclair was a big loss. Dembele played well but he missed one great chance and a half chance. Hopefully we can get another couple of quality midfielders in January to take us up a level.

tonto1888

Disappointing. If Dembele takes that chance who knows what happens. Instead we are 2 down a minute or so later.

bennydorano

The difference between good teams (& players) and great teams is consistency. While Celtic were pretty good overall, some of the performances were very patchy; I find Lustig an enigma, always mixing good solid play with the God awful, Izzaguire & Gordon are the same, both centre half's tonight both at it as well.   Scott Brown was just a delight to watch, wouldn't look out of place on any side (if a few years younger), he's the only player cute enough to clean all round him & get away with it. Armstrong on an upward curve too.

A few good chances but pretty powder puff up front tonight, Tierney a big loss again.

ashman

Quote from: under the bar on November 23, 2016, 09:02:14 PM
Not hard to see that Suarez learnt his trade on Merseyside.  Cheating filth just like Gerrard.

Tis only a game of soccer between a British team and a Spanish team .  Don't take it too serious . Try growing up.  The 22 players on that field tonight won't give a fcuk about you .

seafoid

Not hard to see that Suarez learnt his trade on Merseyside.  Cheating filth just like Gerrard.
He is from Uruguay so he knew it all before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy31pdfntUw

ONeill

I would swap either Michael O'Neill (managed twice commendably against the current World Champions this year,as elite as you can get) or Stephen Kenny for Rodgers instantly.Their achievements against the odds far outweigh anything Rodgers has done.But as long as the gullible are content with romping away with a one horse league and failing miserably in Europe,his position is safe.

I don't expect Celtic to win the Champions league but I do expect the team to be competitive and credible in every game they play,and two points out of twelve is embarrassing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ashman

Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2016, 11:02:32 PM
I would swap either Michael O'Neill (managed twice commendably against the current World Champions this year,as elite as you can get) or Stephen Kenny for Rodgers instantly.Their achievements against the odds far outweigh anything Rodgers has done.But as long as the gullible are content with romping away with a one horse league and failing miserably in Europe,his position is safe.

I don't expect Celtic to win the Champions league but I do expect the team to be competitive and credible in every game they play,and two points out of twelve is embarrassing.

Rodgers has done a very decent job .  He had real pressure .  MON (NI ) and SK have overachieved .  They both have done very well .  If MON gets NI a second place in WC quals he should be lionised .

an léirmheastóir

Aye good one #Tonymark2

stew

Wise up man dear, Suarez is the best player on the planet at the minute, he dives, yes, but every team has serial divers in it, I am a United honk but to me the world's worst serial,is Ashley Young.

Gerrard was an absolutely outstanding player for Liverpool, one of their all time greats, no problem with you disliking the club but the man deserves far better than that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on November 24, 2016, 01:20:02 AM
Suarez is the best player on the planet at the minute
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi said hi!

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 24, 2016, 02:14:47 AM
Suarez is the best player on the planet at the minute
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi said hi!

Ah numero two and three in my top three. )

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ned

Wise up man dear, Suarez is the best player on the planet at the minute, he dives, yes, but every team has serial divers in it, I am a United honk but to me the world's worst serial,is Ashley Young.

Gerrard was an absolutely outstanding player for Liverpool, one of their all time greats, no problem with you disliking the club but the man deserves far better than that.

United you say? Sure it isn't Chelsea you follow?

Celtic played okay, hampered by having to play McGregor in midfield. Not a criticism of his performance but he just isnt at this level. Progression is the key and we have had it in bucketfuls since BR took over.

Too many on this thread at the wind up, becomes very tedious very quickly.

ned

Wibble!

Applesisapples

If that tit Izzaguire was any type of defender he wouldn't have been so tight on Suarez naive defending from such a supposedly experienced player, useless and clueless.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2016, 09:47:46 PM
All in all, Celtic held onto their football honor tonight, I thought Brown was exemplary out there.
Apart from the 2 horror games, Celtic don't look out of place in the CL group stages, I hope Bren is supported by the board to improve the team for next season's challenge.
He didn't even react when Messi left him on his arse.