?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lenny

Quote from: ONeill on August 17, 2016, 09:35:45 PM
First time Celtic have scored 5 in Europe since 2002.

Thoroughly entertaining match. Rodgers has already improved us so much from last year. The tie probably isnt over but if we score one over there they have to score 4. I still think we need an experienced defensive midfielder and I think we will get one in for the group stages.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Newbridge Exile

Not good  for the nerves but a decent result  Kudos to Rodgers on his  changes

T Fearon

That was shite against a shite team.The man with the non Midas touch,who blew a premier league title damn near blew a three goal lead against a joke team.He never learns from his mistakes.When you are 3 nil up in Europe at home you shut up shop.The final two goals were the result of a goalkeeping howler and a lucky rebound falling nicely for Broony,nothing to do with astute substitutions.We will be an embarrassment in the Group Stages..if we even get there.

Ulick

Great game. Rogers deserves full credit. Neither Lennon or Delia would have had the nous or balls to do that.

Applesisapples

No matter what Tony thinks, Rodgers has made a difference. The players he has brought in and the renewed vigour from Forrest. Changed tactics and got two more goals. Deila in the words of Chris Sutton was a one trick pony. Hopefully this is just the start.

T Fearon

The opposition was shite.They were dead and buried at half time and have now been resuscitated all because our super paid manager,just like Ronny last year,fails to understand that when you establish a 2 or 3 goal to nil lead at home in European knockout football you shut up shop and don't concede.We are where we were this time last year,facing a second leg in the final qualifier with a lead,against an inferior team,but with the outcome far from guaranteed due to the concession of daft goals at home when the tie should have been over.

Main Street

Way too much energy is spent on what the troll thinks. No wonder you nordies are still under the yoke of the british, you just react and lose the plot, you can't even follow a simple plan.

Apart from using up the 3rd sub  way too early, it was a very good game from Brendan.
Fortunately Hapoel were too cautious for their own good, they waltzed through midfield  in the 2nd half, made hay on the left wing and easily created  panic in Celtic's defence. I suspect the 2.5 goal cushion will be needed

T Fearon

We are making no discernible progress as far as I can see,and if we do qualify I can't see us getting a single point.That was a roller coaster ride tonight that owed more to luck than any design.

illdecide

What's this business "we"...you're no Celtic fan. Like I said earlier... Take a red neck
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I am a fan,and actually won money tonight taking the win with Leigh Griffiths to score at 5/4.Was bricking it in the second half.Anybody praising Rodgers tonight is deluded.As a sports writer said a few weeks ago the guy cannot and will not learn from his mistakes.Three nil up the opposition should be dead and buried and the tie over.Now they will,fancy themselves at home and if they score and early goal the tie, which should have been done and dusted,will be back in the melting pot.

clarshack

was a very entertaining game and it's nice to have a cushion but I feel Celtic may still need to score 2 over there.

T Fearon

Entertaining like Keegan's Newcastle losing 4-3 against Liverpool but in reality, as was case all those years ago, tonight was another case of two  poor enough teams led by average managers.Not the return on the investment Celtic had hoped for and no discernible progress or improvement.

bennydorano

I think you're right Tony. What do you suggest?

supersarsfields

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2016, 01:41:06 PM
Which questions? Tell you what if Celtic record a decent victory on Wednesday night,by at least a two goal margin and play with intelligence and assurance I will acknowledge that progress is being made.

You need a hand lifting those goalposts?