?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Christmas Lights

Orior

Who wants to see Celtic loose all their matches in the Champions League? Not me.

I'd rather they play in a league where they have a chance of winning.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

I don't understand why the outrage maybe it's the curse of a big club in decline but Celtic are certainly not a 'big club' anymore. Yes the history and the secterianism are all great but when the team starts losing you're going to see a big fall off in supporters.

The only hope they have is to try and lure some Oligarch or Sheikh to take them over as some kind of plaything. As things stand Celtic don't have the money to lure the type of player they need. Even with that the fact they play in Scotland against nothing teams week in week out is hardly attractive for a decent footballer to make the move North.

People tried to say that the decline of Rangers wouldn't change anything about Celtic. . . last night was the proof!!!!

Until such time as a sugardaddy takes them over Celtic are going to be the second class in Europe for many days to come! You can't buy all your players from your Scottish League competitors and expect to challenge in Europe!!

Esmarelda

A really woeful display on and off the pitch.

Poor defending for the first goal. Then Griffiths decides to knee a lad in the balls. He should be fined a months wages for that. If that had been spotted I imagine he'd have been fined.

Then a replica for the second goal.

Fair enough they were done out of a penalty but that was after the first two instances above.

Leaving Johansson on and taking off Forrest was beyond ridiculous.

Boyata may turn out to be a good player but he's been terrible in the three games this year I've seen him play.

And as Kilbane pointed out, taking outswinging corners with that loo-laa in goals was also very, very odd.

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2015, 11:26:27 AM
I don't understand why the outrage maybe it's the curse of a big club in decline but Celtic are certainly not a 'big club' anymore. Yes the history and the secterianism are all great but when the team starts losing you're going to see a big fall off in supporters.

The only hope they have is to try and lure some Oligarch or Sheikh to take them over as some kind of plaything. As things stand Celtic don't have the money to lure the type of player they need. Even with that the fact they play in Scotland against nothing teams week in week out is hardly attractive for a decent footballer to make the move North.

People tried to say that the decline of Rangers wouldn't change anything about Celtic. . . last night was the proof!!!!

Until such time as a sugardaddy takes them over Celtic are going to be the second class in Europe for many days to come! You can't buy all your players from your Scottish League competitors and expect to challenge in Europe!!
The point is that they paid a lot more for their squad than Malmo and they pay them bigger wages.

It's not about Celtic beating bigger clubs, it's about beating Malmo to even get into the competition proper.

general_lee

Define a big club? last year all 20 of the EPL teams were in the world's top 40 richest football clubs. When you see what teams in England have to offer, even in the Championship, which is still a better league to play in than the SPFL, how Celtic manage to attract any sort of playing talent outside of Scotland is nothing short of a small miracle.

The sooner Rangers and Hibs get their acts together the better. Until such times, the measure of Celtic managers can only be judged on Europe and so far Delia, as much as I like him, is failing.

themac_23

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 26, 2015, 11:29:18 AM

To be honest one of the biggest problems are the players who have been on the books from NL time, they seem to be the tried and tested but time and time again the let Ronny down. For example, Charlie Mulgrew was hands down the worst player on the park last night, complete liability. Commons when he came on gave the ball away time and time again and Brown didn't do much. honestly, i was kind of hoping deep down that Commons would leave last year, his best days are behind him and Mulgrew should def be first out the door.

The Europa League is the level we are at, nothing wrong with that there are better teams from better leagues in the Europa League, would love to get drawn against Dortmund or the likes just to get a lift like we got with inter last year. But until the board sort out where we want to go and our level of ambition I'm afraid we just don't belong at the table with Europes elite.

The point is that they paid a lot more for their squad than Malmo and they pay them bigger wages.

It's not about Celtic beating bigger clubs, it's about beating Malmo to even get into the competition proper.

reddgnhand

Quote from: general_lee on August 26, 2015, 12:15:48 PM
Define a big club? last year all 20 of the EPL teams were in the world's top 40 richest football clubs. When you see what teams in England have to offer, even in the Championship, which is still a better league to play in than the SPFL, how Celtic manage to attract any sort of playing talent outside of Scotland is nothing short of a small miracle.

The sooner Rangers and Hibs get their acts together the better. Until such times, the measure of Celtic managers can only be judged on Europe and so far Delia, as much as I like him, is failing.

It won't make any difference. New Rangers will not compete with Celtic for a very long time if ever. Scotland is a country of about 5 million people? I don't think Celtic do too bad with what they have. If you looked at the attendance figures in Scotland & England I'm confident they would be close to the top.

Club Rossa

Home to Raith Rovers in League cup.

ashman

Club Rossa

Without doubt one of my worst days as a Celtic supporter.McStay missed the penalty,thankfully he was able to put that behind him and lift the Scottish cup a few months later.

ashman

Quote from: Orior on August 26, 2015, 11:08:06 AM
Who wants to see Celtic loose all their matches in the Champions League? Not me.

I'd rather they play in a league where they have a chance of winning.

They do play in a league where they win most games.

Club Rossa

Tough draw in Europa League,Ajax,Fenerbahce and Molde.Will do well to get out of that group.

tippabu

#ThatsNotAKnife

is throwing up some absolutely brilliant replies from celtic fans to threatening fenerbache ones!!

illdecide

Big Virgil gone for 11.5m. Good money all the same but prob the only quality player we had...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch