Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I thought it was a fantastic gesture for Neil Lennon to go over to we Jay Beattie from Lurgan and give him his winners medal, we Jay suffers from Downs...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: laoislad on May 12, 2014, 05:14:05 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 12, 2014, 04:09:11 PM
I thought it was a fantastic gesture for Neil Lennon to go over to we Jay Beattie from Lurgan and give him his winners medal, we Jay suffers from Downs...

He has Down Syndrome he doesn't suffer from it.

you know what i meant... ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Would it not be better for both Celtic and Neil Lennon if Neil had a spell south of the border?

A new manager would bring a new impetus to the club.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2014, 11:25:47 AM

It was a nice touch, and Samaras did well too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203689069609240

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2014, 11:54:08 PM
Quote from: Apparently so on March 30, 2014, 11:31:02 PM
Smell yer hole

there's my typical Celt fan. Stay classy

The vast majority of Celtic fans are fantastic people, why do you need to denigrate them????

I would say in my estimation, that Celtic fans, along with Liverpool fans, are the best in the world, and I despise Liverpool!

Class is permanent and Celtic have class in spades!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

THE MIGHTY QUINN

In fairness you could have sent him a PM about it, I'm pretty sure he'd have gone straight back in and changed rectified his unfortunate error. I'm not sure giving him a lecture and calling him an arse, while at the same time acknowledging that he meant no harm does anyone any good

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Quote from: laoislad on May 13, 2014, 09:41:29 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2014, 11:25:47 AM

I can guarantee you his parents wouldn't be impressed with the way you phrased it either. So rather than be an arse about it maybe you should just accept you phrased it horribly wrong and in a way that is insensitive to people with Down Syndrome and their families and learn from it and don't say something like it again.
I know you didn't mean any harm but that doesn't mean I shouldn't correct you when you are wrong.

Yes it was a nice touch by Samaras fair play to him.
The kid has Downs syndrome and he may or may not be suffering from the well known clinical symptoms of Downs syndrome  and only a holier than thou moron would be that bothered with Illdecide's phraseology.

I think Samaras knows this kid, he's travelled on the team bus with the players and Samaras is his Celt hero, they have a connection.
Samaras gave  an outrageous piece of skill for the 2nd goal as a farewell gift.
I'll miss the mad f'ecker.

trileacman

Lads it wouldn't have f**king killed ye to have taken Laoislad's comment at face value and leave it at that. Your back-tracking and excuse-making for what was said is pretty f**king low given the circumstances.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

Quote from: Main Street on May 13, 2014, 10:17:02 PM

The kid has Downs syndrome and he may or may not be suffering from the well known clinical symptoms of Downs syndrome  and only a holier than thou moron would be that bothered with Illdecide's phraseology.

Cheers thanks Main Street. Top fella.
It's a pity who feel that way as you are actually completely wrong but if that's your view then so be it.

laoislad

Quote from: trileacman on May 13, 2014, 10:30:47 PM
Lads it wouldn't have f**king killed ye to have taken Laoislad's comment at face value and leave it at that. Your back-tracking and excuse-making for what was said is pretty f**king low given the circumstances.
Look it was never my intention to come across as preaching or lecturing.

I just saw the comment and it got my back up a little as I have to put up with comments like that and worse on a daily basis and not just from friends but from medical professionals who should know better and I decided just to say it wasn't or isn't the right way to phrase it and maybe it would stop someone else saying it to another parent.

I know he meant no harm but there is no harm in letting someone know they shouldn't say something in a certain way. It was his follow up post that made me call him an arse as I expected more.

I probably should just have sent a PM or looking back now and the reception my post got not bothered at all.

cadhlancian

Trileacman, would it have taken much for LaoisLad to have taken the initial comments at face value. He undoubtedly meant zero offence, I'm sure LaoisLad knew that also.

foxcommander

Getting it back on track - here's Jay on the team bus with Sammi last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUInFTAp7uM
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

reddgnhand

Quote from: laoislad on May 13, 2014, 10:41:47 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 13, 2014, 10:30:47 PM
Look it was never my intention to come across as preaching or lecturing.

I just saw the comment and it got my back up a little as I have to put up with comments like that and worse on a daily basis and not just from friends but from medical professionals who should know better and I decided just to say it wasn't or isn't the right way to phrase it and maybe it would stop someone else saying it to another parent.
I
I know he meant no harm but there is no harm in letting someone know they shouldn't say something in a certain way. It was his follow up post that made me call him an arse as I expected more.

I probably should just have sent a PM or looking back now and the reception my post got not bothered at all.

Well it taught me something so it was worth the bother.