?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on August 01, 2013, 01:32:28 PM
They fouled a lot but I didn't think there was an outstanding red card foul.
Hardly worth a mention in the same breath as that Atletico Madrid team from the 70's : Thug; Psycho, Punch; Spit, Hatchet, Bludgeon; Hammer, Thump, Wallop, Gouge, Axe-Murderer.
maybe not athletico madrid level tackles, but the persistent fouling, hitting Celts after the ball had gone etc- well its at least ten years since that kind of play was outlawed.
Was thinking at one point ' are you rangers in disguise' !!

I like stokes, he , like most of the team are rusty.
I have seen him play when on form and he is fantastic. Start of last season he was excellent, not just in scoring, but creating and putting himself about.
Not a six yard box predator like hooper, but does more things outside of the box and is a threat in the air.
Hooper was great, but outside of the box he didnt offer the same threat as samaras or stokes or even commons.

playing the lone role up front in europe last season was not hoopers forte at all.

I'd still like to see a six yard box predator, unless Celtic have one coming through from the youth ranks (dont think Watt is that kind of player but not sure).

still , thought Celtic passed the ball quite well last night and that will be the kind of play they need next week away to elfsborg

charlieTully

Quote from: charlieTully on August 01, 2013, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 01, 2013, 12:15:52 PM
what's the story with stokes? i thought he was horrible against cliftonville and by all accounts wasnt much better last night.

don't rate stokes at all, tricky away tie now with just the one goal. investment needed in a decent striker to replace hooper.

I take it all back,  get in.

illdecide

I have a bad feeling about this game tonight...(i say that with every game these days). Things just don't feel right when players want to leave a club like Celtic to go to a championship club and already having sold our 2 best players...don't understand.

Could it be higher wages??? or is Scotland really that shite???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Hard to see last season being replicated, in Europe. At the end of the day, money is key, Board makes big profits on transfers, and SPL title already guaranteed. You'd wonder if it will satisfy Lennon or any other manager with ambition though.

deiseach

Quote from: illdecide on August 07, 2013, 02:49:18 PM
I have a bad feeling about this game tonight...(i say that with every game these days). Things just don't feel right when players want to leave a club like Celtic to go to a championship club and already having sold our 2 best players...don't understand.

Norwich City had turnover of £75 million in 2011/12. Presumably that has gone up since (someone with better Google skills might be able to provide figures). Celtic's turnover in 2012/13 was just over £50 million. And that was a good year. Celtic just can't compete with that.

NAG1

What's the views on the Green Brigade being dismantled at least within Park Head?

illdecide

Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2013, 03:30:47 PM
What's the views on the Green Brigade being dismantled at least within Park Head?

A possible PR stunt to keep themselves in UEFA's good books? if not the atmosphere inside the ground will diminish further...i remember the good old days in the Jungle at Parkhead, them were the days alright but we won feck all

illdecide

I know the game is on BBC Scotland tonight but can this be viewed from BBC website or what other ways can i watch it from (don't have satelite) the quality from the likes of firstrowsports is usually crop tbh.

T Fearon

Surely the closure of section 111 is in answer to consistent breaches of rules endangering the club's health and safety compliance and UEFA's code as well. Can't imagine they'd want to raise ire of supporters for no good reason.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on August 07, 2013, 04:04:28 PM
Surely the closure of section 111 is in answer to consistent breaches of rules endangering the club's health and safety compliance and UEFA's code as well. Can't imagine they'd want to raise ire of supporters for no good reason.

Well yes Tony...they refused to sit during the game and some of their chants were not want Celtic wanted at the ground and of course the odd flare lit didn't help either. The flip side of the coin is the lack of atmosphere at the games as the sang their hearts out

charlieTully

Quote from: illdecide on August 07, 2013, 03:45:56 PM
I know the game is on BBC Scotland tonight but can this be viewed from BBC website or what other ways can i watch it from (don't have satelite) the quality from the likes of firstrowsports is usually crop tbh.

You can get it on BBC online as well.

Mickey Linden

What channel number on sky is this?

T Fearon

Yes indeed,atmosphere it does produce,but when it is in breach of statutory legislation and the club is in risk of fines,points deductions etc as penalties then there is no option I'm afraid.

Now if the supporters could only remain seated,and boisterously sing Celtic songs and display flags and banners (often quite witty and inoffensive) then the  atmosphere would be fine and compliance maintained.

Mickey try channel 968 and work upwards,if 968 is not BBC2 Scotland it's not far off it.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mickey Linden on August 07, 2013, 05:48:28 PM
What channel number on sky is this?
flick onto babestation and work your up the channels from there. ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

Main Street

Quote from: deiseach on August 07, 2013, 03:23:00 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 07, 2013, 02:49:18 PM

Norwich City had turnover of £75 million in 2011/12. Presumably that has gone up since (someone with better Google skills might be able to provide figures). Celtic's turnover in 2012/13 was just over £50 million. And that was a good year. Celtic just can't compete with that.
Norwich and Southampton are championship clubs??