Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

Yeah most UTD men that I would know have it in for Celtic, but that was a cracking result last night and some effort put in for the whole match. The stats showed that Barca had 89 percent of the ball and still lost, unreal!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nifan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2012, 10:44:03 AM
Yeah most UTD men that I would know have it in for Celtic, but that was a cracking result last night and some effort put in for the whole match. The stats showed that Barca had 89 percent of the ball and still lost, unreal!!

An amazing stat - but only one yellow card for celtic is really amazing too.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2012, 09:29:34 AM
In work this morning, it seems that the only ones not happy for Celtic are the Liverpool supporters. Everyone else (including 'the other side') are delighted for them.

"Celtic fans think they're the best in the world now"
"We'll see who goes further, Celtic or Barcelona"

What do Liverpool fans have against Celtic?

I am surprised at this. I thought there was a bond between the two sets of fans after Hillsborough.

QuoteWhen Liverpool and their fans were at their lowest ebb in the aftermath of Hillsborough they were shown a solidarity from rival clubs and fans which still resonates to this very day. Along with Everton, Celtic came to the fore and the relationship which was forged in those dark days was so powerful that it is still in place today.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/lfc-s-top-20-banners

AZOffaly

There is a good relationship between Liverpool and Celtic, just as there is between United and Celtic. I don't think Liverpool fans would have it 'in' for Celtic really. Celtic robbed YNWA, and Liverpool robbed the Fields of Anfield Road back :)

Maybe it's just good old fashioned jealousy, I know I was jealous of them last night. I wouldn't be a great lover of Celtic, but that was an inspiring performance last night, and I was delighted for them and their fans.

Main Street

Peter Schmeichel doesn't care about such minor historical pedantry ;D

Mont

unvelievable result last night. talk about backs to the wall stuff! lennon will have the freedom of lurgan now.got his tactics spot on. kose and many other managers across europe will be watching countless reruns of the games v celtic

charlieTully

Quote from: Mont on November 08, 2012, 12:48:33 PM
unvelievable result last night. talk about backs to the wall stuff! lennon will have the freedom of lurgan now.got his tactics spot on. kose and many other managers across europe will be watching countless reruns of the games v celtic

well half of lurgan anyway, im sure they couldnt give a f**k in avenue rd or mourneview.

charlieTully

last night was just unbelievable, i dont think i will ever witness or experience anything like that again. the only thing that ever topped that was Down winning the AI and my brothers winning an intermediate champioship.

Main Street

I see a poll has been added. Did GDA drop in quietly or is he known by another name?

rrhf

last night was just unbelievable, i dont think i will ever witness or experience anything like that again. the only thing that ever topped that was Down winning the AI and my brothers winning an intermediate champioship.

Yeah but I would imagine that the others felt more real.  You know friends and neighbours achieving great feats in a mans games as opposed to overpaid mercenaries falling about fronting a PLC.  Ive yet to see anyone "yahooing" Googles success or feel close to joyous tears when Diageo posts a record year.  But listen if Celtic is your PLC of choice why not go all out?  Id even put a poster on my wall.

laoislad

In work this morning, it seems that the only ones not happy for Celtic are the Liverpool supporters. Everyone else (including 'the other side') are delighted for them.

I'm not sure Liverpool fans have anything against Celtic.
I personally don't care about them but I don't hate them or anything.To me they are just another British club the same as Arsenal,Chelsea or Spurs etc etc.
I watched the game and hoped Celtic would hold on and win because they were the underdog rather than because it was Celtic.
I'd be the same if it was Chelsea or Arsenal I'd have been hoping they would hold on but if they had of been beaten 5-0 I couldn't have cared less.

Maybe Liverpool fans are more use to actual big nights like Champions League semi finals and Finals and are wondering what all the fuss is about over a group game. ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2012, 04:46:22 PM

I'm not sure Liverpool fans have anything against Celtic.
I personally don't care about them but I don't hate them or anything.To me they are just another British club the same as Arsenal,Chelsea or Spurs etc etc.
I watched the game and hoped Celtic would hold on and win because they were the underdog rather than because it was Celtic.
I'd be the same if it was Chelsea or Arsenal I'd have been hoping they would hold on but if they had of been beaten 5-0 I couldn't have cared less.

Maybe Liverpool fans are more use to actual big nights like Champions League semi finals and Finals and are wondering what all the fuss is about over a group game. ;)

LOL. I would say most Liverpool fans would give their right arm to be involved in CL group games at this stage.

ONeill

Latest stats have the possession at 9%. Expected to drop further.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardal

Spanish papers are quoting that Celtic's victory was by the inferior side, with an impregnable wall and for Guinness.

The Guinness bit raised the hairs on the back of my neck until I reread further and it was in relation to the fact that they believe a team which has had so much of the ball has never lost before and thus a Guinness book of records entry;  chelsea vs Barca?

charlieTully

Quote from: rrhf on November 08, 2012, 04:38:38 PM

Yeah but I would imagine that the others felt more real.  You know friends and neighbours achieving great feats in a mans games as opposed to overpaid mercenaries falling about fronting a PLC.  Ive yet to see anyone "yahooing" Googles success or feel close to joyous tears when Diageo posts a record year.  But listen if Celtic is your PLC of choice why not go all out?  Id even put a poster on my wall.

cheers lad, might just do that.