Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tyroneman

Folks say Larsson would still get a game with Celtic. I disagree. Lennon would put him on the bench and play Samaras.

snoopdog

Quote from: Pat Mustard on August 26, 2011, 09:15:52 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 25, 2011, 09:26:49 PM
to think Celtic and Rangers want to join the Premier league. Truth is they would struggle in the 3rd tier of English football.
Aye, because they'd have the same income they have now if they played in the premiership. You absolute clown.

I don't think anyone here was saying Lennon was or is a great manager. A lot of us supported him last season for obvious reasons. I suppose we were wrong to do that?

Muzz, a sending off and goal in the first minute had the effect you'd expect for a team with no confidence away fro home in Europe. It was only in very brief periods where we looked like playing our way in to it. I'm not calling for Lennon's head just yet but in my heart he doesnt have what it takes.
Premier league doesnt need the sectarian biggots . Let them wallow in their own filth  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 26, 2011, 02:05:32 PM
Quote from: Pat Mustard on August 26, 2011, 01:26:04 PM
There's a huge difference between not caring about the national side and not caring about the league. Scottish Rangers fans wouldn't be as indifferent to the national side, although there's still a fair few of them who don't give a toss about Scotland.
The bragging rights has generally been enough, plus I think most realise the upheaval required of possibly going through the lower divisions etc. Celtic wouldn't survive without Rangers and vice versa, IMO.
I completely disagree with that.
Celtic propsered when first getting into CL.

Did they?
How many times have they made it out of the Group stages in the Champions League?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on August 26, 2011, 01:43:59 PM
Would it be fair to move them into the Premiership? Surley the Championship would be the place to start them.

Sure let them enter the Premier League,they would both be in the Championship the following season anyways.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on August 27, 2011, 11:26:45 PM
There's a huge difference between not caring about the national side and not caring about the league. Scottish Rangers fans wouldn't be as indifferent to the national side, although there's still a fair few of them who don't give a toss about Scotland.
The bragging rights has generally been enough, plus I think most realise the upheaval required of possibly going through the lower divisions etc. Celtic wouldn't survive without Rangers and vice versa, IMO.

Did they?
How many times have they made it out of the Group stages in the Champions League?

Once, with the much derided WGS..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2011, 11:31:32 PM

Did they?

You'd hardly say they prospered in the CL so would you?

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on August 27, 2011, 11:33:48 PM

Did they?

No just that they made it out of the group stages once under Wee Gordon.

stibhan

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2011, 11:35:47 PM

Did they?

Actually, in two consecutive years--2006/7 and 2007/8.

Minder

Quote from: stibhan on August 28, 2011, 12:13:54 AM

Did they?

Both under WGS?

laoislad

Did they?

Legends.
They would defo win Premier League.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2011, 12:17:40 AM

Did they?

Both under WGS?
Sure Strachan would have been manager still afer 2008.

Forever Green

Need to get back on track tomorrow with a win at St Mirren who have built a decent squad this year. As long as Lenny keeps Samaras away from the starting team, I have every confidence we will take 3 points. Hopefully McCourt gets a starting place but I wont count on it.

Mulgrew and Izzaguire signing contract extensions which is welcome news. Just need a left back in to cover for Izzy. A loan until January would be enough I think

lynchbhoy

Did they?
you are clueles.

So you are saying that if they hadnt gotten into the CL that time under MON, they would still have managed to get the acclaim , reputation, prestige, money and get to UEFA final.
that is what I would term 'prospered'.

how have your team 'prospered' from last years wonderful appointment?just who are they playing in the CL this season?
After spending milllions if not zillions - what group are they in?

laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 28, 2011, 11:26:54 AM

Did they?
you are clueles.

So you are saying that if they hadnt gotten into the CL that time under MON, they would still have managed to get the acclaim , reputation, prestige, money and get to UEFA final.
that is what I would term 'prospered'.

how have your team 'prospered' from last years wonderful appointment?just who are they playing in the CL this season?
After spending milllions if not zillions - what group are they in?

:D You're funny.

Who are FC SION again?

stibhan

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2011, 12:17:40 AM

Did they?

Both under WGS?

Why would you get into this discussion if you didn't know fairly accessible facts? Celtic's wikipedia article or the Kerrydale Street Celtic Wiki are useful resources.