Sligo V Down Rd 4 Qualifier

Started by 5 Sams, July 18, 2010, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

This will be a draw. They'll each go hell for leather for the initial game to try to win and then spend the whole of injury time trying not to win it. 

Hard-hitting analysis right there.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: thewobbler on July 19, 2010, 05:05:13 PM
This will be a draw. They'll each go hell for leather for the initial game to try to win and then spend the whole of injury time trying not to win it.

If its still level after extra time they could have Sludden death.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

paddypastit

OK - checked the official GAA web site; no referee appointed. I fell for the wind up - silly me.

One day on the compelling sense I have is that this game is every bit, if not more winnable as any game that Sligo has faced this year.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

paddypastit

I note that the other 3 of the 4 qualifiers are live on TV - will the Sligo game be streamed?
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 18, 2010, 11:15:24 PM
Lads dont know what to expect, 6 day turnaround after this defeat i feel will be impossible to comeback from. The support for Sligo today was unreal, we outnr ros 2-1 and castlebar was a sea of black and white, we are sick, we really depresed, the support will dimish, we put everything into winning connacht, aload of players found out today, cant see us recovering. I will be there whereever it is, but cant see our lifting themselves.

Is the game a home game for Sligo or is it at a neutral venue?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 08:15:01 PM
Lads dont know what to expect, 6 day turnaround after this defeat i feel will be impossible to comeback from. The support for Sligo today was unreal, we outnr ros 2-1 and castlebar was a sea of black and white, we are sick, we really depresed, the support will dimish, we put everything into winning connacht, aload of players found out today, cant see us recovering. I will be there whereever it is, but cant see our lifting themselves.

It's gonna be played in Breffni park Cavan 7pm
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 08:16:23 PM

A cool, is that on Saturday, will actually be in County Roscommon fro that one otherwise I think I would make the trip up, will it be shown on tv?

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 08:24:35 PM

A cool, is that on Saturday, will actually be in County Roscommon fro that one otherwise I think I would make the trip up, will it be shown on tv?

It's not down for tv at moment & yup on Saturday
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 08:27:45 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 08:24:35 PM

It's not down  ::) for tv at moment & yup on Saturday

snoopdog

id love to know where all this optimism about Down being certs here.
From what i seen on saturday night Down will have to up their game considerably if they are to beat Sligo.
Sitting in Tullamore saturday night i seriously could not see any progress from last year and no disrespect to the faithful county but a better team would have beaten us comfortably.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: snoopdog on July 19, 2010, 09:09:32 PM
id love to know where all this optimism about Down being certs here.
From what i seen on saturday night Down will have to up their game considerably if they are to beat Sligo.
Sitting in Tullamore saturday night i seriously could not see any progress from last year and no disrespect to the faithful county but a better team would have beaten us comfortably.

Down are by no means certs, but they should have every chance on saturday.
The Boys in Red and Black are back

western exile

Quote from: GAA_Punter on July 19, 2010, 03:36:23 PM
Weekend GAA fixtures with times & venues – Saturday 24th July & Sunday 25th July

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/07/19/weekend-gaa-fixtures-with-times-venues-saturday-24th-july-sunday-25th-july/
Why do Limerick get a home venue, when Sligo and Down have to go to Cavan?

BallyhaiseMan

ya shower of hoors,getting my club championship game scheduled for saturday night in breffini moved to another ground  >:(  :P
Gutted i cant get to this game as it will be a good footballing game between two teams who play football the right way

Western Exile
id say Limerick and Cork flipped a coin for home advantage and Limerick won,thats an option if both teams agree to it.

Wee Shea

Maurica Deegan down to ref this match. Not Sludden.

Hardy

Best odds on qualifiers at present (no Betfair market yet):

Louth 16/5 Boylesports
Dublin 4/9 Ladbrokes

Kildare 10/11 Ladbrokes
Monaghan 5/4 Paddypower

Down 10/11 Ladbrokes/Paddypower
Sligo 6/4 Boylesports

Cork 1/4 Paddypower
Limerick 5/1 Boylesports