Ulster Club SFC 2023

Started by general_lee, September 26, 2023, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2023, 07:21:59 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 08, 2023, 09:28:48 AMMild shock in Armagh with Clan Na Gael beating Clann Eireann. Very good side with every chance of beating Cross or Madden but I'd say they would still be on the piss by the time Ulster started!

Cross v Clans in the final.

Disappointing that Clans appear to be a one man team. Was hoping to see new young talent coming through. Cross will not give Soupy any space.

far from a one man team. I am assuming this is the only game you watched of them this year?

befair

Down final between Burren and Kilcoo, due to be played tomorrow and on TG4, may be postponed as Kilcoo have objected to the ref and have taken their objection to Croke Park.
The ref in question is one of our finest young referees; just another example of Kilcoo's gamesmanship. 

Armagh18

Would he be of Clonduff persuasion? Kilcoo huers lol

PTC

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 14, 2023, 12:22:16 PMWould he be of Clonduff persuasion? Kilcoo huers lol
One of his many clubs, bit like the brother who refs out of forkhill. I hear he had a great game last Saturday night.

Armagh18

Armagh18

Quote from: befair on October 14, 2023, 12:06:36 PMDown final between Burren and Kilcoo, due to be played tomorrow and on TG4, may be postponed as Kilcoo have objected to the ref and have taken their objection to Croke Park.
The ref in question is one of our finest young referees; just another example of Kilcoo's gamesmanship. 
So David Gough has had to be drafted in. Apparently now he is pulling out as well. God know if game even be played

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 15, 2023, 12:17:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 15, 2023, 11:50:10 AMSome craic in Down.

Do explain
So Kilcoo objected to the ref and went whole way to Croke Park about it eventually David Gough gets appointed. Now apparently Gough won't be doing it and theres a doubt whether or not it'll even go ahead.

Apparently the Down CB
1. Refused to guarantee Faloons safety when he asked.
2. Refused to allow him to have open mic as he's been accused in the past of saying things to Kilcoo players.
3. Refused to issue a statement backing him.

The ref co-ordinator in Down has been getting threatening phone calls this week as well allegedly and told to stay away from game today. 

Leonardo

Quote from: PTC on October 14, 2023, 01:52:50 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 14, 2023, 12:22:16 PMWould he be of Clonduff persuasion? Kilcoo huers lol
One of his many clubs, bit like the brother who refs out of forkhill. I hear he had a great game last Saturday night.

Paul Faloon was never a Clonduff member. He played for Saval and referees for Drumgath

PTC

Quote from: Leonardo on October 16, 2023, 10:45:51 AM
Quote from: PTC on October 14, 2023, 01:52:50 PM

Paul Faloon was never a Clonduff member. He played for Saval and referees for Drumgath
Played hurling for clonduff

Itchy

Have to say that is some of the most outrageous stuff I have ever read regarding the conduct of a GAA club. Kilcoo are a horrible shower of f**kers and I hope every ref in the country remembers this carry on when they step out in Ulster. Unbelievable.

Deerstalker

So only half followed this, what was Kilcoos issue with the appointed ref ?

AustinPowers

Quote from: Itchy on October 16, 2023, 05:00:09 PMHave to say that is some of the most outrageous stuff I have ever read regarding the conduct of a GAA club. Kilcoo are a horrible shower of f**kers and I hope every ref in the country remembers this carry on when they step out in Ulster. Unbelievable.

Should a referee not  referee the game as it  happens ?  What someone  did last week, on or off the field , should not influence   a referee's decision making in a game.

brokencrossbar1

I wonder would the decision have been different from Down GAA if the game was not being televised?  Disgraceful situation and Down Co Boards statement is as weak as piss. Kilcoo running the county and that's as clear as day

Rossfan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 16, 2023, 07:33:41 PMI wonder would the decision have been different from Down GAA if the game was not being televised?  Disgraceful situation and Down Co Boards statement is as weak as piss. Kilcoo running the county and that's as clear as day

Shockin carry on.
Kilcoo should be stripped of their title and banned from next year's one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM