Kerry v Tyrone All Ireland Semi Final 11th August 2019 - Post match analysis

Started by Owen Brannigan, August 11, 2019, 05:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I would have said it was like yesterday on a slightly lesser scale. Tyrone didn't make their periods of dominance count and Kerry did. Also they couldn't sustain the job they were doing on the Kerry forwards the whole game.

That being said they had so much more dominance than Kerry but just didn't  have the forwards, mcshane aside, to make it count.

I don't think anyone could watch that match objectively and say Tyrone are/were more guilty of diving / cynicism than Kerry.

Angelo

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2019, 06:40:05 PM
1st half Tyrone 0-9 Kerry 0-5
2nd half Tyrone 0-9 Kerry 1-13

Simple analysis. A game of two halves. When on top 1st half Tyrone didn't score enough and Kerry made them pay 2nd half. 1-13 a very impressive scoring total in one half against a good defence like Tyrones. A goal in a game like that was always going to be key and it was hard to see Kerry losing once O'Brien hit the net.

Tyrone not as good as last year a lot of iffy performances from them this year they haven't been able to play well in both halves in most of their games.  Kerry will know if they play as poorly in the 1st half in the AI final as they did today it will be game over for them by the break.

A lot of truth with that.

Tyrone really have to look at themselves in how they lost that game and Kerry have to be extremely grateful to Maurice Deegan in how they won that game.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyrone08

In a few days time everyone who re watches the game will see it for the screw job it was. Tyrone all over kerry in first half but a fair enough ref performance minus the constant fouls on Petey harte. Right at the start of the 2nd half something major happend, deegan came out a blow fouls constantly for kery in first 15 minutes to bring them back in it, Tyrone heads dropped then game over.

tonto1888

Quote from: gallsman on August 11, 2019, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 06:13:24 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2019, 06:09:06 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 06:07:00 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2019, 06:06:28 PM
Tyrone should have had penalty too. Not a Tyrone fan in the slightest but ref was awful. Kerry's antics were a disgrace.

When should they have had a oenalty

Peter Harte goal chance. He was been held.

Keeper made great save and then nearly got his head taken off.

That wasn't as bad as commentary made out. Ryan put his head down to charge past the attacker and got clipped. A foul and a yellow cut certainly nothing more.

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 05:58:34 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 11, 2019, 05:56:25 PM
As for the claim O'Brien should get off, absolute nonsense. That last tackle should see him miss the final entirely in its own merits.

Why???

That was a joke. I was using the concept of hyperbole to show how ridiculous his challenge was.

This "I wouldn't want anyone to miss a final" shite can f**k off. If you're picking up cards like that all year, a suspension is due.

Fair enough. I agree with that. And Spillanes amnesty for the final was a load of BS too

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2019, 06:46:25 PM
I would have said it was like yesterday on a slightly lesser scale. Tyrone didn't make their periods of dominance count and Kerry did. Also they couldn't sustain the job they were doing on the Kerry forwards the whole game.

That being said they had so much more dominance than Kerry but just didn't  have the forwards, mcshane aside, to make it count.

I don't think anyone could watch that match objectively and say Tyrone are/were more guilty of diving / cynicism than Kerry.

To a degree, I think around 50% of Kerry's scores in the first 45-50 minutes of the game came from very dubious frees and that kept them in it up to that point. If Tyrone had been 6/7 points in the match at that stage like they should have been I'd say they would have seen it out. Usually you expect a referee when he makes a few very dodgy calls in favour of one side that it will mean he is more reluctant to give the next debatable one but Deegan just kept giving more and more questionable ones each time to Kerry. It's nothing new with Deegan, he's worth 5 points to Kerry against any team they are playing, he's like a doe eyed child meeting his heroes when Kerry are involved.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2019, 06:49:08 PM
In a few days time everyone who re watches the game will see it for the screw job it was. Tyrone all over kerry in first half but a fair enough ref performance minus the constant fouls on Petey harte. Right at the start of the 2nd half something major happend, deegan came out a blow fouls constantly for kery in first 15 minutes to bring them back in it, Tyrone heads dropped then game over.

The heads dropping is a failing with Tyrone that we've seen too often now, great teams react in the face of adversity and this team collapses. Look at the All Ireland final against Dublin last year, we just threw it away in a matter of moments when we were licking our wounds. Tyrone didn't react right today and that part of it is not down to Deegan.

yellowcard

Have no love for Tyrone but today Deegan did ride them when the game was in the balance. However they need to look at their own team also, they are an athletic side but also have a lot of very ordinary players. The job Kerry done on Harte today was obviously a tactic. They knew if they stopped Harte, Donnelly and McShane today then Tyrone hadn't much else. McShane played well whilst Donnelly had some moments but Harte was completely nullified whether legal or illegal.

twohands!!!

Not really impressed by either team.
In the first half you'd swear Kerry had never seen Tyrone play.
I think the jury is still out in terms of Keane as a senior manager - Kerry were fortunate they were still in the game when he made the changes.
Can see Dublin winning by 10+
I thought Deegan had a reasonable enough game. Definitely wasn't a factor in who won/lost imo.
For me the big thing for Tyrone was the amount of times Tyrone got posession in towards goal in the first half but failed to create a goal chance was way too high.
Also I thought the camerawork was beyond awful - the amount of crowd shots,shots of the sideline and replays of efforts shown while play was going on was beyond belief.
If I were head of GAA I'd be complaining to RTE it was so bad.

giveherlong

Enda McGinley lays it on the line for this current Tyrone squad today
Reminding that Tyrone haven't beat any of the big 3 Dublin, Kerry or Mayo since 2008 in championship
"Essentially this means that Tyrone can be viewed as good, but not 'top level' good"
Massive opportunity on Sunday to put this right

The wait goes on...

Armagh18

As for the claim O'Brien should get off, absolute nonsense. That last tackle should see him miss the final entirely in its own merits.
Catch yourself on. Was harmless tackle you'd swear he boxed the head off someone. Hope he gets off.

Armagh18

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2019, 06:09:06 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 06:07:00 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2019, 06:06:28 PM
Tyrone should have had penalty too. Not a Tyrone fan in the slightest but ref was awful. Kerry's antics were a disgrace.

When should they have had a oenalty

Peter Harte goal chance. He was been held.
Na he just fluffed it.

GalwayBayBoy

O'Brien was so cocksure he would get off in the interview after I nearly hope he doesn't. Why he even chanced a rugby tackle at that very late stage when the game was practically won I have no idea.

tonto1888

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 06:59:40 PM
Catch yourself on. Was harmless tackle you'd swear he boxed the head off someone. Hope he gets off.
How can he get off?

Apparently his black against Meath was very harsh and he's gonna appeal that one

gallsman

Sigh. Read the thread.

Why should he get off?!

tyrone08

Did you say the same after Sean cavanagh tackle??