Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightymad

Minor league starts again tonight? who is the big teams for this years minor league and championship.  I see a big opener for mayobridge against burren surely bridge are the underdogs in this one??

SamFever

Quote from: Down Follower on April 04, 2017, 11:26:57 AM
Quote from: rosskarr on April 03, 2017, 05:39:38 PM
Quote from: Down Follower on April 02, 2017, 11:08:41 PM
What an outcome today, I mean seriously, after two games, how many actually thought that we would still be in Div 2 come the end of the league. Fair play to the lads for turning it around. It appears we now have one of the highest scoring half back lines in the country in mooney and o Hanlon. It also FINALLY appears that we have scoring forwards on the team in the Johnston's and o hagan. If the kick out strategy can be sorted out, we will have come a long way from where we finished last season.
Yes we have come a long way but it's actually from the bottom of Div 1 to 6th in Div 2.
Very good  ;D
You have to at least admit though that the spirit amongst the group is at the other end of the scale to what it was last year.  They are fighting for each other, and not with each other as some would have said earlier in the year.
Still in Div 2 is quite an achievement from the talk after our first two defeats.

supersub

Quote from: mightymad on April 04, 2017, 12:07:58 PM
Minor league starts again tonight? who is the big teams for this years minor league and championship.  I see a big opener for mayobridge against burren surely bridge are the underdogs in this one??

Sounds like a man that knows the answers to his own questions! Any results?

Mourne Red

Relegation and Promotion choices from the 4 Divisions?

Targetman

Good win for the point against Bryansford this evening 2-11-0-11

Leftmidfield

Aye I was at it. Packing Downey playing for Ford. Scored a point maybe 2 first half. Didn't come out for the 2nd half I don't think. Donagh Mcaleenan and Danny Savage a class apart. Stand out players on the pitch. CPN deserved to win but 6 points flatters them

elk

Quote from: Leftmidfield on April 06, 2017, 10:55:59 PM
Aye I was at it. Packing Downey playing for Ford. Scored a point maybe 2 first half. Didn't come out for the 2nd half I don't think. Donagh Mcaleenan and Danny Savage a class apart. Stand out players on the pitch. CPN deserved to win but 6 points flatters them
Thought the Ford deserved something from the game but they were very wasteful in front of the posts. Could have had a penalty near the end before the Point got their 2nd goal. For me Savage and the 2 Mc Aleenan's were excellent. The Point had a very strong bench to turn to which got them over the line,would be very surprised if a few of them aren't starting in their next game.

Brick Tamlin

Ford got what they deserved. They never looked close to winning that game.
They couldn't stop fouling when/where it mattered and they hadn't the legs for a very mobile Point team with a few fellas blowin out their arse well before the end.
A weak bench too and only Danny Savage as a threat up front.
Packie Downey didn't want to know either. Bettered by an 18yr old, albeit a good one.
Younger MacAleenan a different class to all else on the field.

rosskarr

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 07, 2017, 11:18:16 AM
Ford got what they deserved. They never looked close to winning that game.
They couldn't stop fouling when/where it mattered and they hadn't the legs for a very mobile Point team with a few fellas blowin out their arse well before the end.
A weak bench too and only Danny Savage as a threat up front.
Packie Downey didn't want to know either. Bettered by an 18yr old, albeit a good one.
Younger MacAleenan a different class to all else on the field.
Who is the 18yr old?

Patrick Murdock was full back

I thought Ciaran McCartan (before going off injured) and Ryan Mallon stood out also for the Point

Conor Maginn had a decent first half for Ford

downjim

CPN or the club formally known as Warrenpoint for the championship!

thebar

Quote from: downjim on April 07, 2017, 01:59:16 PM
CPN or the club formally known as Warrenpoint for the championship!

All they have to do is beat Kilcoo!

Hedgehunter

Any reports from tonight? Glenn with a 1point win over Ballyholland 0-11 to 0-10.. 9-2 at HT but ballyholland came roaring back in the 2nd half but Glenn just managed to hold on..

Town Gael

The Town beat Kilcoo and won the league.