Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 25, 2018, 11:56:49 AM
I don't think anyone would begrudge ttm boys making money out of it. They provide a service which, like any other business, is entitled to make a profit. It when they cross the line and start interfering in who manages Tyrone teams and county boards then problems start.

This really is beyond childish, god help anyone who has to interact with you socially

Frank_The_Tank

I saw photos doing the rounds of Martin Sludden celebrating with the Tatts team after the championship win on Sunday on both the Sunday night and Monday morning.  Surely the referee appointing committee should be looking into this and questions should be asked about the High profile games he gets.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on October 25, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
I saw photos doing the rounds of Martin Sludden celebrating with the Tatts team after the championship win on Sunday on both the Sunday night and Monday morning.  Surely the referee appointing committee should be looking into this and questions should be asked about the High profile games he gets.

Is he not entitled to go where he wants if the craics good?? Im sure if Augher had won he might have been in Dessie McKennas after!
He went for pint where there was celebrations,fair play to him,obv Coalisland was too far away for him..
If he was to dump scrap the next day should he have to avoid Darcys and go somewhere different..

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 25, 2018, 03:52:36 PM

Is he not entitled to go where he wants if the craics good?? Im sure if Augher had won he might have been in Dessie McKennas after!
He went for pint where there was celebrations,fair play to him,obv Coalisland was too far away for him..
If he was to dump scrap the next day should he have to avoid Darcys and go somewhere different..

Did I say he wasnt entitled to go where he wants after it?  I'm just not sure any other refs would have done the same - cant see Hurson going to Gervins in island after Sunday or the Monday as well
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Therealdonald

Always enjoyed the yarns about Sludden.He went through a rough time of it after the whole ''Best ref in Ireland'' and then the Leinster final but you can't deny he's not entertaining. Not too many refs left like him, McHugh, Clithero.

Tyrone95

Clithero and Sludden spent manys a sunday night/monday morning about the Old charm inn when we were winning championships  ::)

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 25, 2018, 04:42:37 PM
Clithero and Sludden spent manys a sunday night/monday morning about the Old charm inn when we were winning championships  ::)

Did they referee the final you had just won?

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 25, 2018, 04:42:37 PM
Was Sludden old enough to drink back then

omaghjoe

TO be fair might be only place outta Dromore Sludden can go for a beer

Localexpert

Judging by the fiannas social media pages the game against clonoe seems to be going ahead this weekend.  Will be amazing to see them give us a guard of honour  :D

Soviet Unionist

Quote from: Localexpert on October 25, 2018, 07:41:02 PM
Judging by the fiannas social media pages the game against clonoe seems to be going ahead this weekend.  Will be amazing to see them give us a guard of honour  :D

Local Expert you never bought Coach the Pint you promised him.

skeog

Sludden entitled to join Tatts for a few beers reffed game fairly imo lighten up lads.

Pmk1987

Why not celebrate with the friends he has from Tattyreagh.. and has he not retired now?

Localexpert

Quote from: Soviet Unionist on October 25, 2018, 08:44:36 PM

I did.... had to queue up for ages before Phillip Gervin served me it too.  Was some crowd in it great to see the sponsor taking home the bit of bacon as well!

Soviet Unionist

Quote from: Localexpert on October 25, 2018, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: Soviet Unionist on October 25, 2018, 08:44:36 PM

I did.... had to queue up for ages before Phillip Gervin served me it too.  Was some crowd in it great to see the sponsor taking home the bit of bacon as well!

Hope you made it to McGirrs.Monday morning or did you have a flight to catch  😉😉