Paul McGirr u16 Championship

Started by tyroneman, August 31, 2011, 07:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

Dungiven v Kilrea in the Derry final on 22nd September.

Fuzzman

Cheers lads and I updated our website http://tad.ie/index.php/paul-mcgirr

We're looking for people to come to our night on Sat in Dub 4 so if you know anyone in Dublin that night point them to the website or facebook page

Fuzzman

Hope to be collecting this lovely trophy tomorrow evening from Cross to bring to Dublin for our event on Sat night.

Enjoy the build up lads to Sunday
Surprised there's not more Donegal WANs on here

PMG1

I see Creggan and O'Donovan Rossa are in the Antrim U16 final, who would be the favourites to come out of this, Rossa have been at the Paul McGirr tournament a few times in recent years.

I know Fermanagh is at the semi final stage and the Derry final is between a fancied Dungiven side and Kilrea, anyone know how Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan are going or who has won in these counties?

BADONEY

.Truagh v Monaghan Harps  listed  to be play Sat  Sept 27th .

BADONEY

Dungiven 5.13 Kilrea 2.4  Derry U16 championship final  played atOwenbeg Monday night.

PMG1

Donegal only at the semi stage with St. Eunan's playing St. Michaels and Glenties playing Ardara I think.  The launch night for the Paul Mcgirr this year will be in the Garvaghy centre on the weekend of 11th October, the draw will be made on the night.

PMG1

Big upset in Fermanagh today with Derrygonnelly defeating a fancied Enniskillen Gaels in the Fermanagh final.  Any result from the Antrim final today between Creggan and O'Donovan Rossa?

The tournament launch is to take place in Tyrone GAA centre in Garvaghy this Friday at 8:00 and the draw will take place then.

BADONEY

Truagh 1.9, Monaghan Harps 2.6 in u16 champ final Sat , no replay date yet.

FermGael

Quote from: PMG1 on October 05, 2014, 10:56:43 PM
Big upset in Fermanagh today with Derrygonnelly defeating a fancied Enniskillen Gaels in the Fermanagh final.  Any result from the Antrim final today between Creggan and O'Donovan Rossa?

The tournament launch is to take place in Tyrone GAA centre in Garvaghy this Friday at 8:00 and the draw will take place then.

Not an upset at all. Derrygonnelly were the favourites.
Had beaten Enniskillen twice in the league and I think have not been beaten all year.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Fuzzman

Quote from: PMG1 on October 05, 2014, 10:56:43 PM

I believe we're(tad.ie) taking up the trophy, medals and cheque of money raised from our night in Dublin. See yis there. Hope its not too windy.  ;D

BADONEY

The Monaghan U16 championship replay , Truagh v Monaghan Harps is scheduled to be played on Monday night Oct 13th, 7.30 , Emyvale.

PMG1

Great turn out for the Paul McGirr launch in Garvaghy tonight, all the teams already through were in attendance and Oisin McConville gave a great speech on his experiences of the tournament last year and how much winning the tournament last year had meant to the Crossmaglen club, all in attendance were given an insight into the wonderful work being done in Zambia by the Spirit of Paul McGirr Trust. 

The draw threw up some interesting derbies:

Preliminary Round:  Crosserlough (Cavan) v Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh)
Quarter Finals:       Burren (Down) v Clann Eireann (Armagh)
                            Dungiven (Derry) v Monaghan Harps / Truagh (Monaghan)
                            Tyrone Champs v Donegal Champs
                            St. Brigids (Antrim) v Preliminary Round Winners

The Crosserlough v Derrygonnelly will kick the tournament off next Saturday in Gardrum Park, Dromore

BADONEY

Tonight saw the Monaghan  u16 championship replay played in Emyvale ,with Monaghan Harps defeatingTruagh 2.9 TO 0.14 ,  thus claiming the  double at grade 1 in U16club football for 2014.