Dún na nGall v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Suprised Paddy Heaney's 'against the breeze' column in today's Irish News hasn't got a mention. A bit anti-geezer for my liking, i was a bit taken aback by it tbh.
Actually for once I thought Heaney had a point and his assessment was reasonable and balanced.

mackers

Apples how is a suggestion that Kildare deserve better leadership than Geezer provided at the weekend "reasonable and balanced"? I thought it was a fairly cheap shot myself....he got a dig in about a comment that Geezer made after they beat Derry about the six day turnaround when Geezer went on record saying it was a disgrace that Derry were faced with that situation.
Geezer showed true class in his post match comments and doesn't deserve to be the subject of such one eyed articles like Heaney wrote.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Applesisapples

I have to say I hadn't read it like that.

sheamy

It was quite a personalised and inconsistent treatment of mcgeeney I thought. Many managers complain about refs and don't get that focus. Sure John Brennan wanted to meet Deegan to discuss the Ulster final  :D As for planting stories in the press, well ahem, where would Paddy and the other journos be without that? He's just jealous it wasn't leaked to the Irish News.

JHume

I missed the Irish News yesterday.

Can anyone post up Heaney's article?