Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolHandLuke

If it was the players choice it is completely the wrong one. What is the point in training 3-4 nights a week, doing weights programmes, watching what you eat etc all in a professional manner if your gonna screw all that up on a sunday when it really mattered by being squeezed into a bus all morning. The management should have insisted on staying the night before and outlined the reasons for this. Players with a professional and committed attitude would tow the line even if they preferred their own bed on a sat nite

NICSSA

With Frank Delargy no longer interested in training us, we have appointed Paul mc keown as our new trainer for the year (with Barney reid still as manager). Paul is an ex St Galls player, lives in Crumlin and has taken both Aldergrove and Glenavy over the past few years. both clubs have differing opinions of him, anybody else any idea of what he's like?

SlimShady

never heard of him. but by all accounts he got both teams relegated.

suits you sir!

milltown row

Paul is a good, motivator, plenty of years experience and has plenty of championship wins behind him and has played county at all age groups, played against Cargin up at Rasharkin in that great game, when we won 5.  4, not sure of the team Slim :P. Paul scored 2 that day.

A manager will come in with new ideas and tactics but if the team don't put the same effort in then it's doomed from the start. I wish him all the best

SlimShady

aye, ok thenm, i was wrong. He'll be great- you'll be championship contenders in 2 years time!

He relegated 2 teams in 2 years- not a good record, ffs my management record reads better!!!!  :D

and just because he's been a successful player doesnt mean he'll ever cut it as a manager.

saffron sam2

Random song lyrics.

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother...
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SlimShady

this may be a silly question Sam but.... what the f**k?!

milltown row

Well, up on till last year Slim he won as much as your previous managers!!!! And they were the best.

CoolHandLuke

What's the chances of picking up a result on sat evenin under lights against a mediocre meath team? Should Jody play the same team that started or finished the last match?

SlimShady

who did he manage to a Senior Championship??

Ethan Edwards

Quote from: milltown row on February 07, 2007, 09:49:17 AM
Paul is a good, motivator, plenty of years experience and has plenty of championship wins behind him and has played county at all age groups, played against Cargin up at Rasharkin in that great game, when we won 5.  4, not sure of the team Slim :P. Paul scored 2 that day.

Must have been a cracker, I real spectacle, 5 pts to 4 pts, catch yourself on,  :D :D
That'll Be The Day

milltown row

it's always good beating Cargin, and vice versa

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on February 07, 2007, 09:49:17 AM

A manager will come in with new ideas and tactics but if the team don't put the same effort in then it's doomed from the start. I wish him all the best

They tell me, well my source Butterknife tells me, that the man in question was unsuccessful with his application for the St. Gall's under-14 managerial position. The Con Magee's are in safe hands.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

your well informed (under 16 though), Sam internal polictics. Paul will be taking an under 15 development squad at the club, then take the team next year. under age teams (at naomh gall) have always had plenty of people looking to look after them.

and besides Glenravel could not get any worse. whats your club Sam?

SlimShady

by f**k, i thought Sam was taking the piss!!

Correct though, Glenravel cant get much worse but putting someone clueless in charge may be the final nail in the clubs coffin!!

ffs, sure they even let me take our u16 team the last 2 years  :D