Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatsTheFootball

no doubt tony scullion is a good half back at club level with his pace and power. slim ur correct about what u say about the county final.
but county level is different. its about the speed and accuracy of the ball into the inside forwards. too many times scullion puts the head down and runs, by the time he looks to make the pass the forwards have made their run and the defence is organised.

Maximus Marillius

So yer going to take us in the first round... :D :D :D

A real bad weekend for Jody..the Abbey and then 4:9

saffron sam2

Quote from: culchy1 on February 02, 2007, 10:42:29 AM
always the optimist eh, thats coming from a person that calls themself saffron sam2!!

sure isnt it jody's first league game in charge aswell.
whats the point of the team going if we're a cert to get beat.
with that type of mentality we might as well just pull out of the ulster championship and concentrate on the tommy murphy!ffs. >:(

i do agree that no.28 among others are interesting inclusions!
cj, loughrey and the like. i wud have thought a couple more would have been on the panel, but i suppose u can only pick 28.
thought tomas mccann, justy crozier, benny hasson mite have got in there too, but their day will come.
Unfortunately my pessimism proved to be well founded.  A lucky one point victory at Casement last year over the same opposition was the first clue. Add that to the fact that the game was an away match and that any extra impetus from Mick O'Dwyer is likely to be much more than any extra impetus from Jody Gormley meant we were always long odds to win this game.  Nothing wrong with my attitude, simply a realisation of exactly where Antrim stand at the minute.

Still there were positives, the team that finished appears much stronger than the one that started. We need to concentrate on trying to make it as difficult as possible for away teams to getanything at Casement, otherwise it's division 4 for us.

This result and the Derry result do not change my opinion about the championship match in any way at all.  I would be confident that the saffrons will be a lot closer to Derry than they were to Wicklow.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SlimShady

they also travelled down there yesterday morning! pure stupidity imho, they should have went down on saturday night.

Ethan Edwards

why did they not stay over, has the county board tightened the purse strings
That'll Be The Day

saffron sam2

Quote from: SlimShady on February 05, 2007, 02:55:09 PM
they also travelled down there yesterday morning! pure stupidity imho, they should have went down on saturday night.
Agreed, feckin stupid.  Still the county board saved a handy few quid there. Seems like they want to save a few quid on a round of the qualifiers next year too. McGarry will be happy.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SlimShady

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 05, 2007, 03:05:56 PM
Quote from: SlimShady on February 05, 2007, 02:55:09 PM
Agreed, feckin stupid.  Still the county board saved a handy few quid there. Seems like they want to save a few quid on a round of the qualifiers next year too. McGarry will be happy.

total twat.

Ethan Edwards

That'll Be The Day

CoolHandLuke

Wot a joke. No other county team would travel 3-4 hours on the morning of a match. It puts our boys on the back foot from the start. On a playing issue, I know everyone says we have the players, but do we really? Everyone seems to have pulled together under Jody & he's had his pick of most players in the county yet we are still getting well turned over by second rate teams. Alot of our players have ability & show well in club competitions but inter county is another step up & i'm not sure alot of our players are up to it, especially in the physical stakes which is a big part of county football nowadays.

aontroim

QuoteQuote from: saffron sam2 on Today at 03:05:56 PM
Quote from: SlimShady on Today at 02:55:09 PM

total twat.

I think i'd have to come to his defence on this! Victor Meldrew would be the one (surprisingly) whose voice seems to be heard a lot more than it should on matters like this - county treasurer isn't the one booking buses / accomodation for players nor deciding if they should stay overnight or not - arrangements will all have come through the CAM and county exec will have made the call on overnight stay etc - McGarry will be more concerned with trying to find a new sponsor at the minute.

SlimShady

even if he had booked the panel and their wives into the Hilton for the week before the game he'd still be a twat.

Ethan Edwards

Slim I sense you are somewhat aggitated by the Rubberman? did he run over your pet dog, steal yer women? whats the sceal
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on February 05, 2007, 03:27:57 PM
Slim I sense you are somewhat aggitated by the Rubberman? did he run over your pet dog, steal yer women? whats the sceal

:D ;D

christ on a bike!!

Mhic Easmuint

It may have been the players choice to travel down on the Sunday morning. 

Maximus Marillius

Would that suggest that the players still have not totally bought into club Antrim...and see this overnight stay, which is part of quality preparartion, as a waste of their  time