Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

Ethan Edwards

Slim - max seems to have made you very paranoid, mention Danny Quinn and you clam up, keep taking the prozac
That'll Be The Day

culchy1

double e and max, what do you's bellaghy men have against slim !
ganging up on him, do you's not know eachother bein from the same place or used to be !

ethan, our best senior manager over the last while would be paddy mcneill, under him we finished 4th in league and got to championship semi-final.
apart from that, ciaran loane took us up from div 2 before he was good, but his health hampered him at that time,
colm rocks,from loup, took us for 3/4 months he had right idea, but left because players attitude was shite, as did damian o'boyle last year. not there long to get a fair reflection.
and kevin kidd took us last year, he did alrite with portglenone but dont think he is any good, we got relegated last year under him.

Maximus Marillius

Kevin Kidd has done the rounds....boy is he crap,,,still manages to get the phone call

Ethan Edwards

Cluchie, you are the 1st man that I've heard praise Paddy McNeill as a manager, he is said to be a very good fitness coach but once a football is introduced he is appartently lost, Paddy is a good lad though, was the relegation all down to Kidd to you think, and as Max says he does get about a bit, is he with anyone this year
That'll Be The Day

johnjoe

Not much detail about yesterdays game from an Antrim perspective. Anyone on the thread at the game? Anyone have a good game?

Looking at the match reports, 8 Antrim players featured for the various universities, must be a long time since this happened before this year. ( Doc, Micko, Paddy Cunningham, Loughrey, Crozier, Niblock, McGourty, and young CJ.)

Kevin O Boyle is still out hurt, or he could have made it 9. Theres no doubt some good things are starting to happen in Antrim football. Good to see Micko concentrating on it too at the minute. For the first time I can remember, there is the nucleus of 20-30 players good enough to play high level inter county football. Certainly we should get a strong 15 out of it for the c`ship, especially if Kelly and Convery return too.

culchy1

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on January 22, 2007, 03:13:44 PM
Cluchie, you are the 1st man that I've heard praise Paddy McNeill as a manager, he is said to be a very good fitness coach but once a football is introduced he is appartently lost, Paddy is a good lad though, was the relegation all down to Kidd to you think, and as Max says he does get about a bit, is he with anyone this year

wee paddy maybe isnt the best manager, but he is the best we have had or should i put it like this we got the best results with him in charge, he is a tough taskmaster.
you would be right in saying that he is big into fitness. ask any of the county players from last year.
no kidd wasnt all to blame for getting relegated, the players have to take the blame also, but even as late as the playoff he didnt make changes soon enough, he stuck with the same boys all year and wouldnt give others a chance. he applied to take us this year again but enda quinn got the nod instead.

Ethan Edwards

Rasharkin will be expecting immediate promotion, its never easy winning leagues, easier to stay up than get up, your ex-pats will be back to bolster your panel though
That'll Be The Day

amninc

Match on sun - sean mc veigh , christy lynch very good.  Michael mccann and micael magill showed well (Mccann should be mid of park), kevin Brady came into it well near the end of the second half.  Midfield were dominated as was majority of half back line - but you have to take into consideration j'town are near sigerson and are flying.  Any other views.

illdecide

Hi lads Slimshady was on our site (Armagh club football) talking shite, i see he's doing the same on the Antrim one.  ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

shady character

Fao: I'll decide

And you thought you wud come on here to tell us that?

Clear off toss pot.

illdecide

Hi shady who the F**k rattled your cage you c**k box, sorry if i interrupted your conversations about what its like to win a championship match. Stick your Antrim thread up your arse >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

johnjoe

What a load of shite lads.

Have a look at Derrys page today, and the level of sensible debate. Sometimes you get good enough craic/debate here, but most of the time its negative and childish.

Heres one for you.

Do you think John Mc Sparran is a good county chairman? Has he delivered on his pre-election promises? Do you care?

Keep it constructive please.

SlimShady

no, in a word.

the fixtures last year were nothing short of a disgrace. Playing an U21 championship the week before Christmas is ludicrous as well as not allowing for a drawn SFC Final and having it played to extra time- and if it had been drawn the winners may have been asked to play the USFC 1st round the day after the replay!!!  ;D :D

so on that basis, no.