Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shady character

A wally Slim??

No the definition of a wally is:

Someone who comes on to this site and justifies an inter-county player's poor championship performance, by saying he has tight calves!! ha ha.....moooooooo.............

SlimShady

Hilaaaaaarrrriooous!!!!   :o

ok, i think you've made a big enough dickhead out of yourself so here goes-

i am NOT who you think i am and culchy is NOT who you think he is!!

you were back of the queue when they were handing out the brains at Creggan Primary weren't you?  :D ;D

Sherlock Holmes you certainly aint  ;D ;D :D

theskull1

Quote from: maxpower on January 05, 2007, 01:08:31 PM
been a while since there has been any urling chat on this thread, anyone know the list of entrants for the ulster hurling league this year.

Dunloy have entered it this year, personally i think its a good move now as the lack of matches was a huge hinderence last year. what you thik theskull

Well it was either an intention of Antrim GAC last year to "force" clubs to play in the UHL this year or downright ineptness to do their job properly. Either way, any club interested in hurling has had to go this way. I do not expect the standard of hurling to be eanywhere close to the Antrim Leagues as these matches will be played without County Players. Also If the matches are "fitted" into saturday afternoons/evenings I expect people working and dual players with all county league matches the following day not to play either. This will drop the standard to an even lower level. A level which won't do the standard of hurling in Antrim any good at at. Sure there will be games, but the competition has to be mean something and be evenly contested for it to add up to anything worthwhile.
On the club side of things, I reallly hope that our young players get their chance and whatever management comes in has the confidence to stick with them. They will need time to bed in, but they will also need to demonstate the right attitude and show that they want it enough.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

shady character

I was, right at the very back. Unfortunately when he arrived in toome, he was all done!

Who I am supposed to think culchie is anyway??

As for you, who the fcuk cares anyway?! Just happens I know who you are.
No big deal.

So get over it, and get back to what you know, talking shite about football.

SlimShady

Get over it?!  :D
you named yourself after me, you must care some bit! as for knowing me, as I said- its common knowledge on the board you tit!!  ;D

there is little point in talking football with you, you can't see the wood for the tree's and are way too negative thinking- no scoring threat, bad choice of captain blah blah blah.....

answer my questions, who should be on instead? Maybe....

FreeTaker

no need 2 bring other creggan ppl in this, jus cos shady is being a w***** and bring down the name of his club.  good luck 2 close and antrim on sun, cos i think they'll need it.

CiKe

I hear Séan Kelly is in England this year? Whereabouts? Christ, if he is in London he'd be some addition to our team!

TIRCONNAILGAEL

anyone know why mark dougan is not on the mckenna cup panel? was impressed with him last year in the competition espcially against derry

ThatsTheFootball

any reports from todays game? who played well ,who did'n't?
heard it was played in terrrible conditions

imtommygunn

Good to see Queens with three players starting -Crozier, McGourty and Niblock and the poly with at least two - Cunningham and Micko Herron. The more younger boys playing at that level the better.

Didn't make the game. Not a bad result considering the inexperience. More interested in how the newcomers did than the result anyway.

Mhic Easmuint

Paul Doc was also playing for UUJ, at centre half back. 

FreeTaker

Any word of new managers within the county?  Whos taking who?

SlimShady

its as you were for us- hardly a shock!

MM at Creggan is the only other one I've heard.

Mhic Easmuint

Is it Eddie Quinn from Moortown that is taking Rasharkin?

SlimShady

he's Quinn anyhow, not sure of his first name.