Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You might be right and I might be missing a year actually - the aghagallon one might have been two years later.

imtommygunn

Relegation was one down and next two play off to play the winners of the division two play off. It wasn't a mess in general - it just became one that year when what was stated at the start of the year was went back on...

Anyway I think a strong Rossa is good for Antrim and I hope they come back up in the football.What happened happened and hopefully won't again.

Balboa

I see Longstone beat St Galls by 10 in Kilmacud 7's final today.

milltown row

yeah beat us handy enough from the reports i got back from some players. we beat longstone in the final 2 years ago so plenty of reason to win this one for them? ar ethey in the down final

imtommygunn

Any word on kevin mcgourty coming back for you guys milltown?

Love him or hate him I think he's a boy you will need if you have aspirations of winning the Ulster club again.

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 10:35:33 PM
He's back as far as I know. I take it he has already started training with St. Galls.

All will be revealed in a two page spread in Irish News in coming weeks.......

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 10:42:02 PM
No doubt his pizza face will be in the paper. Perhaps tomorrow, overshadowing the AIF.

I think one of those clown Irish News reporters lives nearby to him so we shouldnt have to wait long......

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 10:46:36 PM
Maybe he'll join his brother for another photo shoot in Woodlands.

Aye i saw that couple of weeks ago,its one of the reasons i dont read the Irish News that often.

saffron sam2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 14, 2007, 08:43:30 PM
Sam at the time of the proceeding St Enda's match do you know for sure that Rossa had actually lodged an appeal? From my reading into it I'm not entirely sure they had ,at that point, got an appeal in.

I'm not so sure about personal agendas here. Rossa have got away with an awful lot over the years and I would guess worst case what was said here was enough is enough rather than any agenda. The way they pulled out of that game was ridiculous.

There is no doubt again that there is validity in the argument about Rossa over the years, particularly in terms of how they avoided relegation on occasions.  However, whilst interesting in terms of conspiracy theories, none of that is in any way relevant to the current case. Rossa and the Antrim County board are both bound by the regulations of the GAA and my reading of the situation is that Rossa have the stronger case. You can't igonre the rules of the GAA because of what may have happened in the past.

I would disagree with hardstation re. the timing of Rossa's appeal and indeed your reading of the situation.  Rossa couldn't appeal until they had been kicked out of the championship, i.e. after the refixed St. Enda's game.  My reading of the timing is drawn match, refixed unplayed match, Rossa bucked out, Rossa appeal, next round played.

If all the quarter finals were played at the same time this would weaken my argument, but I believe that one quarter final was played weeks before the other three.  Can you confirm this?  If yes, why do you think this was the case?

As regards personal vendattas, I don't doubt that this is the case.  Re-read my first post again, O'Neill has obviously heard the same stories and I can guess his source. If I knew you better or had verifiable proof I would have no problem naming the individual involved, rather than his erstwhile role within Antrim Gaa circles (and it's not SlimShady).
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Aquazur

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 10:42:02 PM
No doubt his pizza face will be in the paper. Perhaps tomorrow, overshadowing the AIF.

Hardstation, are you still referring to Kevin McGourty here?
whats with the pizza face thing?  ???

Aquazur

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2007, 06:45:44 PM
Maybe I was being a bit hard on your brother. Sorry.
How was his holiday?

im sure he had a lovely holiday! always nice to get away at this time of year.
do u have something against kevin mcgourty?

Aquazur

then why call him pizza face? im in no way his biggest fan but it was a bit childish. would mcgourty or kevin not have done?

Aquazur

hardstation, mcgourty has his critics but antrim will need him if they are to improve further in the championship.
what has your club brought to the county set up that enables you to slag the likes of mcgourty? a player which is essential to the county set up.

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2007, 07:45:17 PM
Freudian slip. Sorry shaws road and sorry also to your brother (who apparently is not a fan of yours) Aquazur.

Explain Hardstation like a good chap, is it not all skipping through the meadows hand in hand in Castle Mc Gourty?

Balboa

Did the spastic not hide his email address? You would have been better saying nothing just to see what we got out of him......