Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjoe

Yea Slim, no probs. I`ve got Geordies mobile tho, if it saves any bother.

Youse should be decent this year, good u-16 last year. Kilrea would be fairly hot too though.

Rash, new un, welcome, hope you can enjoy the banter, and the occasional bit of stick.

What is your area of expertise? Managing, playing or spectating? SW or SA? Whats your prediction for Saturday then? Antrim by how many?

rashCharacter

Not exactly new JJ, i'm a long time lurker.

Not sure what to make of the u21 team but Derry are gonna be strong.

The previous minor teams against Donegal and Cavan haven't been too impressive but last years team can give us some hope.

Syd The Sailor

Derry 0-13 Antrim 1-7 U-21 Championship Result
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Syd The Sailor

Antrim 0-14 Cavan 3-10 Result. An improvement but they are still shipping stupid goals....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Square Ball

where does the problem lie, is it the style of play, bad decision making, or as you have alluded to Syd just stupidity in the goals being let in. Has Jody improved the team?

the positive taken from this from just looking at the score is that Antrim had more scores than Cavan
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Truth

They started well and finished well, there was only 2 points in it with about 6 or 7 minutes left but Cavan got a goal from a penalty and that was that. But they hit some bad wides, Cunningham is a good freetaker but does not offer much from general play. Cavan always got a couple of scores when Antrim were getting closer. Its too early to say what kind of impact Gormley has had but the results have been poor.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Square Ball

Quote from: johnjoe on March 23, 2007, 01:38:01 PM
Not at all slim. Have a good friend from Kilrea who manages their minor team, and has asked me to see if i know any Antrim clubs that would play them in a challenge.

Its just a straightforward football request, nothing else. I`ll get in touch with Fred Mc Vey in Moortown. Thanks.

JJ what about moving over the border and playing a Down team as well?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ethan Edwards

Well lads , thats the end of the U21's for another year, the team selection got alot of discussion, was anyone at the game? what was the performance like? were they poor or were they just beaten by a better Derry team.

That'll Be The Day

johnjoe

Was at both games on Saturday, and although both beaten, it must be said that both teams battled well until the end.

In u-21`s, Derry a more cohesive side, better movement etc, and for a long time Antrim living on scraps. But a credit to get within one major score.

Seniors beaten by the same margin, and Cavan got a soft penalty to boot.

Not the whitewash I feared, so credit where it is due! I saw Cavan destroy Derry earlier this year, so keep the work going Jody, it will all be on the day, and at Casement we have every chance.

Zorba the Greek

Football not so poor as hurlers ... Defence could do with a tightner. Quote from RTE radio on Saturday - "Antrim's defence is like Dr Who's Tardis - Small and compact from the outside, but once you get inside there's loads of space" PRICELESS..

Maximus Marillius

Another bad day at the office, so to speak, for Antrim this weekend....again. Really looking forward to the 1st round of the championship...ah well, as JJ said, they kept battling to the end :D ;)

CSC

I notice that magill was not listed on the hurling panel at the weekend. Is he off the panel or injured?

Ruairi Og exile

Magill not on the senior Hurling panel..think he was dropped off it.

Glensman

So where now for Magill then if that is the case?

Does anyone actually know him? Don't want to start any debate at all again involving John Joe's head being ripped off (for making a pretty objective statement about a county player in the public eye) but just want to know.

For one of the most talented footballers and hurlers in the county what is he at?
Can he just not be arsed?
Would Jody accept him back? Would he go?

NICSSA

Any O'Cahan cup matches played at the weekend? think they were due to be played after being cancelled last week