Betfair

Started by Mickey Linden, February 01, 2008, 12:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Do many of you use betfair? I have recently started laying favouites in the dogs and am doing quite well. I reckon dogs can be a lot to do with luck. Laying favourites means I have five winners in each race and one loser so I fancy my chances.
(Apologies if there is already a thread on this, i looked but couldnt find one)

cavan4ever

is it hard to set up.. would u win much or lose much if favourites started to win?

full back

Not hard to set up at all - you can lay as much as you want - for example if you only want to lose £10 that is all you lay the horse to lose

Mickey Linden

I have been laying the dogs to lose £50. That means if a dog is 5/2 i would take £20 on him. If that dog wins I have to pay out £50. If any of the other five win I make £20. I reckon the dogs is easier to make money at as I dont have to consider other factors such as jockey's or weight. There are plenty of races each day tho I have only been doing it on a saturday. Im confident of making a few pound at this game! Ill keep yous posted as to how im getting on!

The Blegard

Stay well away from the dishlickers. They will ruin you.
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

cavan4ever

lfdown2

aye, laying horses that i would usually back so makin a few pound out of it!if you look at it they say ye never see a poor bookie, well when u are laying a favourite your effectively betting with the bookie so...

Hardy

If was that simple everyone'd be at it.

full back

It is that simple Hardy.
You decide what you want to lay and how much you want to lose

lfdown2

maybe im missing something but is it not!!

although wouldnt back the very very short priced fav in a small field,

just lookin at yesterdays result, out of 33 races in brit and ire 6 fav won so the fav would have needed to be a long price for you to have lost money!

cavan4ever

ive made €35 on 3 races in the last hour and im only laying small amounts of money.

Mickey Linden

Going on yesterday's results - 33 races with 6 favourites winning. If we lay all the favouites for £50 we would have made a profit of £159 letting all winning favouries be 3/1(often quite shorter in dogs).
6 * 50=300
27*17=459.
Obivously I realise there will be days when I dont win but I like the idea of having five winners in a field of six. Especially considering in dogs anything can happen

Homer

People need to bear in mind that while betfair is great for backing horses due to there consistently improved prices, this also goes the same when you are laying and therefore you are subject to a higher pay-out than the bookie. I'm not saying that laying isn't great (it is!), I'm just pointing out its not as easy as it looks.

Anybody else a fan of racing systems?

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 04:04:07 PM
People need to bear in mind that while betfair is great for backing horses due to there consistently improved prices, this also goes the same when you are laying and therefore you are subject to a higher pay-out than the bookie. I'm not saying that laying isn't great (it is!), I'm just pointing out its not as easy as it looks.

Is there some program on this weekend about racing systems?

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 01, 2008, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 04:04:07 PM

Is there some program on this weekend about racing systems?

Yer man Darren Brown has a show on tonight (Ch 4) about giving some woman tips from his system.