Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

QuoteDoubtful.

I thought Jason Gibbons retired from the county? I wouldn't believe that panel listed.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

joemamas

Quote from: Tubberman on November 05, 2018, 10:01:11 AM
Quote from: galwayman on November 05, 2018, 09:59:28 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2018, 09:50:32 AM
Anyone else annoyed by Ah Ref's constant leaking of Mayo football business. Yes he probably does it in good faith, but it annoyed me anyway when I saw it published initially. As for the panel itself, midfield is worrying, very worrying.
Is it the actual panel though?

Doubtful.

I hope it is not, I genuinely don't think that even the most optimistic Mayo supporter believes that our current forward line, as in last two to three years is going to win an all-Ireland. Reality is we are in a period of transition, James Horan hopefully realizes and embraces that.

I am not going to go into specific names on the panel, as I respect the effort these guys put in, we have had the most amazing seven or eight years thanks to them, but realistically I would be very happy if we are having this same discussion in two years and he has nurtured four or five new players into the starting 15.

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 04, 2018, 11:30:53 AM
When Horan cuts the panel to about 34 for the championship it will be interesting to see how many of those new players will still be there.

Very few obviously.

Farrandeelin

Anyone else annoyed by Horan's statement. Ffs, I'm sure Mayo aren't the only county trying out new players for 2019. Snoopdog may well be correct re Horan.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 09, 2018, 10:29:44 PM
Anyone else annoyed by Horan's statement. Ffs, I'm sure Mayo aren't the only county trying out new players for 2019. Snoopdog may well be correct re Horan.

Pointless but hardly worth getting annoyed about
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

What statement Farr? I've haven't heard anything about it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 09, 2018, 11:08:56 PM

http://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10045569/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 09, 2018, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 09, 2018, 11:08:56 PM

http://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10045569/
Arra, there is feck all there to get annoyed about.  Doesn't every manager in the land come out with something similar when he takes over any team? .....Morale is high.. great interest from the players.. all are champing at the bit and everyone rearin' to go etc. etc. The county board asked him for a statement and, surely to hell, you wouldn't/ couldn't expect anything else from Horan or Anthony Cunningham for that matter or any other new appointee.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Smurfy123

What a bluffer this man is. The James Horan show is well and truly back. 100 players trialed but what's the odds 13 of the established players start in the first big championship test? I'll come back to this post in July. Horan has the best Mayo panel ever and messed up. Why does he have to give a running commentary about what's going on in mayo football?

sans pessimism

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 09, 2018, 11:38:42 PM
What a bluffer this man is. The James Horan show is well and truly back. 100 players trialed but what's the odds 13 of the established players start in the first big championship test? I'll come back to this post in July. Horan has the best Mayo panel ever and messed up. Why does he have to give a running commentary about what's going on in mayo football?
y'all have nothing else for doing in July except posting here.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

rosnarun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 09, 2018, 11:38:42 PM
What a bluffer this man is. The James Horan show is well and truly back. 100 players trialed but what’s the odds 13 of the established players start in the first big championship test? I’ll come back to this post in July. Horan has the best Mayo panel ever and messed up. Why does he have to give a running commentary about what’s going on in mayo football?
well if he et 2 new player that ok of a return .

any word on a final panel apart from ah refs version?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bucko

This week's Mayo News has a piece about the final panel. New inclusions are Fionn McDonagh, Oisin McLoughlin, Conor Diskin and Ryan O'Donaghue. Reape is also in the squad, while Shane Nally, Adam Gallagher, Conor O'Shea and Shairoze Akram didn't make it. Cian Hanley wasn't named either due injury. There are a few more names mentioned but don't have the paper to hand at the mo. The piece also stated the the panel would be open ended up to the championship.

iorras

Quote from: bucko on November 14, 2018, 07:16:23 PM
This week's Mayo News has a piece about the final panel. New inclusions are Fionn McDonagh, Oisin McLoughlin, Conor Diskin and Ryan O'Donaghue. Reape is also in the squad, while Shane Nally, Adam Gallagher, Conor O'Shea and Shairoze Akram didn't make it. Cian Hanley wasn't named either due injury. There are a few more names mentioned but don't have the paper to hand at the mo. The piece also stated the the panel would be open ended up to the championship.
It isn't in the online free version unfortunately. What do they expect us to do, pay for something? For Gods sake

Syferus

I'll say it again - David Drake being better than Shairoze Akram in Horan's eyes perfectly encapsulates why this isn't going to end well for him and his old stagers.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on November 16, 2018, 02:58:27 PM
I'll say it again - David Drake being better than Shairoze Akram in Horan's eyes perfectly encapsulates why this isn't going to end well for him and his old stagers.

Like I've said previously must be a great comfort to yourself to see Horan back  , surely Ros will manage Mayo this year then ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .