Laois Minor Football Championship 2015

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 27, 2015, 06:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois Minor Football Championship 2015

Tonight's preliminary rounds at 7-30:

Portlaoise  v  Graiguecullen  --  Venue: Stradbally   
St Joseph's-Barrowhouse   v  Ballylinan/Glenmore  --  Venue: Crettyard GAA 
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Results

Portlaoise:  1-6
Graiguecullen:  2-9

St Joseph's-Barrowhouse: 0-0
Ballylinan/Glenmore:        0-0

The Monument Road

Ballylinan Glen 0-3 Josephs/Bhouse 5-12
Horrible and embarrassing beating from Josephs. The parish have 3 senior clubs supplying players to our minors and to get a beating like that bodes poorly for these clubs. In saying that Ballylinan/Glen lost two good players through injury...it would heve been a lot closer if they had been available

Buffalobull

Was at the Joes and Ballylinan match. Even with two players back it wouldn't have mattered, Joes/Bhouse dominated throughout and all over the pitch.

Gmac

Back in the day we (St michaels) used to dish out hammerings like this when there was 1 senior team and 1 junior team in the parish shows that all the turmoil in the area has really hurt the underage more than anything.

Heshs Umpire

Very impressive result for Joseph's Barrowhouse. Themselves and Port must be favourites. Portlaoise gone already, must be one of their earliest exits ever from the minor football?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

High Fielder

Ballylynan/Glenmore were well short, particularly of their best players. In truth though, it wouldn't have mattered. Lads running around the pitch as if they had done it for the first time in their life. Literally thrown together and expected to do something. The two Arles clubs make a minimal contribution to this amalgamation and it just makes you wonder what the future holds

The Monument Road

Quote from: Gmac on July 30, 2015, 07:40:38 PM
Back in the day we (St michaels) used to dish out hammerings like this when there was 1 senior team and 1 junior team in the parish shows that all the turmoil in the area has really hurt the underage more than anything.
Befor this "turmoil"their was always 2 senior teams in the parish....Ballylinan & Arles

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 30, 2015, 10:44:47 PM
Very impressive result for Joseph's Barrowhouse. Themselves and Port must be favourites. Portlaoise gone already, must be one of their earliest exits ever from the minor football?

Just wondering are there two Portlaoise teams in the minor this year. The results section on Laois GAA website has them down as Portlaoise B...?

Gmac

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 31, 2015, 06:01:24 PM
Befor this "turmoil"their was always 2 senior teams in the parish....Ballylinan & Arles
When the juvenile club St michaels was at its best mid 80s until early 90s arles were a junior team mostly maybe an intermediate team for a few years ,they were relegated from senior I would say 84/85 .

The Monument Road

Quote from: Gmac on August 01, 2015, 12:59:58 AM
When the juvenile club St michaels was at its best mid 80s until early 90s arles were a junior team mostly maybe an intermediate team for a few years ,they were relegated from senior I would say 84/85 .
I'll agree to disagree with you on that one Gmac. I'd need to refresh my memory a bit. Arles were very strong during the 70s and early 80s at senior level if my memory serves me well. And when the row started they were a senior club.

Gmac

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 01, 2015, 09:23:34 AM
Quote from: Gmac on August 01, 2015, 12:59:58 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 30, 2015, 07:40:38 PMo
I'll agree to disagree with you on that one Gmac. I'd need to refresh my memory a bit. Arles were very strong during the 70s and early 80s at senior level if my memory serves me well. And when the row started they were a senior club.
Don't want to bore the other users but the last championship game Arles as we knew it was a loss in the intermediate semi final versus the rock in 1993.were junior b team 87-90 junior a 91 ,intermediate 91-93 .

Buffalobull

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on July 31, 2015, 08:07:58 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 30, 2015, 10:44:47 PM

Just wondering are there two Portlaoise teams in the minor this year. The results section on Laois GAA website has them down as Portlaoise B...?

Only one Portlaosie team I believe. Must be a mistake on the website.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thought that myself Buffalobull, thanks. Makes that victory for Graiguecullen all the more surprising. I think Portarlington are the strongest team at minor level this year and they will be hard to stop.

SCFC

Quote from: Buffalobull on August 02, 2015, 08:21:59 PM
Only one Portlaosie team I believe. Must be a mistake on the website.

What a surprise.. ::)