NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Murphy is the best player in the game. A tremendous leader.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Captain Obvious

Donegal deserve at least a draw out of this game.

BennyHarp

So the dubs targeted Donegal's main man so he'd retaliate and get a second yellow. I wonder will everyone lose their shit over this like they did with Tyrone against Kerry.
That was never a square ball!!

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 22, 2020, 08:38:37 PM

Deserve has nothing to do with it.

O'Baoill could have taken that last chance himself.

We're probably going down as we can't see it through in tight situations.

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 22, 2020, 08:42:17 PM
So the dubs targeted Donegal's main man so he'd retaliate and get a second yellow. I wonder will everyone lose their shit over this like they did with Tyrone against Kerry.

Was wondering the exact same thing. It was disgusting but sure it will never recieve the same attention. 4 of the 7 minutes were stopped but the ref played only 1 minute of extra time. Unlike last week when the dubs were losing the red played until they got a draw

JoG2

They absolutely did, and as true as night follows day, the 2 yellows come out. Murphy is some footballer

dublin7

Rubbish. Michael Murphy and to a lesser extent Ryan McHugh carry that team. Felt sorry for the keeper. His kickouts were a majot factor in  Donegal building up their lead. Shouldn't be blamed for the defeat. There is a lack of bottle in that Donegal team. In big games the last few years they've collapsed when the pressures on.

Obviously I exclude Michael Murphy from this. He's a warrior and fully deserved MOTM tonight. If only more of his team mates had his mental strength and commitment

J70

In the plus side, McBrearty getting back and getting match fit and finding his range over the next few weeks should help us tremendously come May.

Silkyskillssunshinee

John Small always seems to be in the thick of it. Referees need to cop on and see what he is doing off the ball. Great player but gets away with a lot at the same time.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2020, 08:43:58 PM

Deserve has nothing to do with it.

O'Baoill could have taken that last chance himself.

We're probably going down as we can't see it through in tight situations.

Would have got what they deserved if Patton didn't make that rare mistake. Donegal will be left with plenty of what if moments after this league campaign that could bring relegation now.

Blowitupref

The time keeping in Croke Park in question again. The double sending off took near three minutes before play restarted and only 1 extra minute was added?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 22, 2020, 08:44:44 PM

Was wondering the exact same thing. It was disgusting but sure it will never recieve the same attention. 4 of the 7 minutes were stopped but the ref played only 1 minute of extra time. Unlike last week when the dubs were losing the red played until they got a draw

And unlike a few weeks ago when Kerry scored their equalizer vs. Dublin 3 minutes after time was up.

Mayo Border

Quote from: dublin7 on February 22, 2020, 07:50:06 PM
Donegal better team in the first half. If I was a Donegal fan I'd be worried about their players obsession with their hair. The amount of times a donegal player gets tackled and goes down grabbing his head/hair
Johnny Small seems to be developing a bit of a habit also for holding his hair. The clash with Ryan McHugh  should have been a black card for Small who clearly blocked the follow on run by McHugh. But Small cleverly deceived Deegan by falling down holding his head. The medical team were of course required to complete the deception

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on February 22, 2020, 08:34:19 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 22, 2020, 08:31:04 PM
Was that goal legit?  it was budled into the  net with the arms or fist.
Obviously.
It was close to not being legit, the ball bounced of his chest and was goalbound and he just managed to get his fingers to the ball before it crossed the line.

BennyCake

In all honesty, there are 30 players on the pitch. The officials can't see everything.

As frustrating as it is, there'll continue to be John Small's and that Tyrone boyo taking out the oppositions players, and getting away with it.