Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The Jackeens are in prickly defensive mood.
Hedgehogs come to mind.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

What is wrong with Hedgehogs, decent skins

TheGreatest

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 01, 2021, 11:23:19 AM
Other counties is whataboutery. Dublin got caught. End of.

Unfortunately this feeds into the saga of last year where for right or wrong the GAA was perceived as not taking Covid seriously. We aren't even back yet and rules are broken. Fine and bans is fair and just.

Not saying the lads were right or wrong.

Indo rag Honey trap with a long lens. They knew what they were doing, wont see them in other counties hiding in the bushes.

Tubberman

Quote from: TheGreatest on April 01, 2021, 11:37:33 AM

Unfortunately this feeds into the saga of last year where for right or wrong the GAA was perceived as not taking Covid seriously. We aren't even back yet and rules are broken. Fine and bans is fair and just.

Indo rag Honey trap with a long lens. They knew what they were doing, wont see them in other counties hiding in the bushes.

Breaking the rules to get (yet another) unfair advantage on other teams is wrong. That's before you take health and societal considerations into account.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

heffo

Fine and bans is fair and just.

100%, I expect a hefty punishment up to expulsion from the league.

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2021, 11:32:44 AM
The Jackeens are in prickly defensive mood.
Hedgehogs come to mind.

Hedgehogs are lovely little animals. What have you got against them?

Baile Brigín 2

Other counties aren't across the road to Indo Towers and don't sell newspapers.

And you don't know what honey trap is.

larryin89

Dublin should be made play 2022 championship and league all games away from croke park bar the all Ireland final , all other punishments wont have the slightest effect on them .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sid waddell

News is something somebody, somewhere doesn't want to hear

And it seems to me that way too many Dublin GAA people don't to hear about this

It's a great scoop and Dublin cannot complain one jot about it - they've been rightly caught with their trousers down

skeog

A lot of hypocrisy around if truth be told the number of counties that are training incognito would be in double figures.

sid waddell

Quote from: skeog on April 01, 2021, 12:34:19 PM
A lot of hypocrisy around if truth be told the number of counties that are training incognito would be in double figures.
No question about that

The GAA gave Cork and Down a tip on the wrist

There were basically no consequences

The rot comes from the top

Since late last summer, the GAA as an organisation and as a movement has been seen to not be taking Covid seriously

It has consistently pushed back against restrictions - that is the tone that has permeated the organisation

There is far too much of an ethos of "why should the rules apply to us?"

An example had to be and has to be made now

As a Dublin supporter since 1987, my view is that Dublin GAA and the GAA as a whole now deserves every bit of negative publicity they get over this, and should be seriously punished

It's a complete piss take, they weren't even trying to hide what they were doing, they believed that impunity should apply to them

Angelo

Look over there, other counties are training.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

macker15

Quote from: heffo on April 01, 2021, 09:45:08 AM
Quote from: South Laois man on April 01, 2021, 09:43:14 AM
When Down and Cork were caught training the GAA also announced that a 3rd Leinster county had been caught. Why were they never named🙄🙄🙄🙄

The 3rd Leinster county wasn't Laois or Dublin and are well known for pissing away all their advantages and blaming others.

Jack O'Connor on the the N7 2/3 times. Is he considered a essential worker??

twohands!!!

I'd imagine that based on the Cork and Down precedents that it will be the case that Dublin GAA will be charged as opposed to the individual players.

However there are a couple of differences from the Down and Cork offences, which might affect the severity of the punishments.

Do Dublin try to claim this was a one-off? Both Down and Cork basically made the argument that what they were doing a one-off session.

The fact that there was only 9 members of the squad present and the time frame in terms of when intercounty teams are allowed return to training (April 19th) means that the odds of anyone accepting this was just a one-off session where 9 members of the squad were training and the rest were sitting at home on the sofa twidlding their thumbs are fairly remote.

I'd imagine the GAA will call in the Indo journalist who found out about this. Odds are he was tipped off by someone, so the chances of this being the first early morning training session are fairly remote. I'm sure that Croke Park will be asking about how many more training sessions were planned.

Does Dessie Farrell come out and accept that he knew this was going on or does he try to plead ignorance (and look like  a complete liar and a muppet) ?

The powers-that-be will surely be asking questions about whether the rest of the Dublin squad were training, where and how often.

Do Dublin GAA take the risk that there isn't more evidence of training sessions out there?

One other difference from the Down and Cork cases is that this took place on the GAA grounds; I would expect Innisfails GAA to be punished as well. Fine if I had to guess. Possibly ban for their chairperson as well.

Looking at the pictures one of those involved looks like Cormac Costello [I'm not 100%]. Bit awkward for Daddy.

Guards will surely be involved and I'd imagine all involved will be fined.

sid waddell

Dublin GAA's answer to everything today is "Nil bud"

How many players were there? "Nil bud"
Who do they play for? "Nilbud"
What did Dessie Farrell and John Costello know about it? "Nil bud"

I like the way Nilbud thinks