Spanish Finals Live on Galician TV/Streamed Online

Started by AJ6000, June 01, 2017, 10:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Quote from: AJ6000 on June 03, 2017, 04:26:45 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on June 03, 2017, 04:17:36 PM
Quote from: AJ6000 on June 03, 2017, 03:33:52 PM
http://www.crtvg.es/deportes/directo/canle/evento1

Here's the direct link for the stream. I'm having trouble on Chrome but IE is working fine. Mens Final about to start

How mutually intelligible is Galician with other Romance languages? For some reason I thought it was similar to Celtic but watching there I note it's similarity to Italian (which I'm fluent in) and French (which I'm probably intermediate in). Certainly not close enough for me to understand it fully but not so foreign as for me to just have it go over my head.

I couldn't even say! French is my second language and I've very basic Spanish but I struggle a bit with the Galician!

Madrid beat Irmandinhos A Estrada in the Mens final 3-9 (18) - 0-9 (9)

Ladies Final up next!

I can't understand what they're saying but I recognise a good few words. French is very heavily accented though whereas Italian is purer and I'm probably catching stuff more from Italian.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Is in not meant to be closer to Portuguese than Spanish? I'm weak at languages too.

gallsman

Have been trying to beat that Madrid team for the last 18 months and the closest we've run them is two points. They're a cracking team. We weren't able to field for the finals in Galicia this year which was a real shame.

The development of the sport in Galicia is great to see. Long may it continue.

armaghniac

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 03, 2017, 05:09:07 PM
Is in not meant to be closer to Portuguese than Spanish? I'm weak at languages too.

It is very similar to Portuguese but influenced by Spanish spelling so it doesn't look quite the same written down. A bit like Manx and Irish.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AJ6000

Both matches can be viewed at the link below for a limited period of time. Don't know how long the links will stay up so watch them sooner rather than later

https://gaelicgameseurope.com/iberian-championship-finals-full-match-replays/