Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 12, 2014, 01:49:09 PM
With a lot of local senior clubs opting for Derry management, where are all the Tyrone men?  Who are the top Tyrone managers and why are these men not reaching the heights.  Few names spring to mind and maybe you can tell me if they are in employment.

Liam Donnelly (Trillick) Is he associated with any external clubs
Chris Lawn (All Ireland with Cookstown) is he with Moortown
Pascal Canavan (Formerly based in Cavan) Is he still in the game
Mark Harte - Rosela?
Sean Teague - Still with Greencastle??
Raymond Munroe - Has he a club?

Are there any emergening managers in Tyrone?  Philip Jordan had a good run with the Moy at the end of last season but I have heard he wont be there this year

Far too many many Derrymen involved with Tyrone clubs, and you could argue its choking potential successors to MH.
Gavin Devlin was earning a good reputation there until he hooked up with the County side. Id say his CV has taken a few steps backwards with that move.
Hopefully we will see more of the men from 2003 take the step up to management. Enda McGinley would be one id feel could make a top manager, but the opportunities arnt always there.

winghalfback

Quote from: God14 on December 12, 2014, 01:56:59 PM
With a lot of local senior clubs opting for Derry management, where are all the Tyrone men?  Who are the top Tyrone managers and why are these men not reaching the heights.  Few names spring to mind and maybe you can tell me if they are in employment.

Mark Harte - Rosela?

Are there any emergening managers in Tyrone?  Philip Jordan had a good run with the Moy at the end of last season but I have heard he wont be there this year

Far too many many Derrymen involved with Tyrone clubs, and you could argue its choking potential successors to MH.
Gavin Devlin was earning a good reputation there until he hooked up with the County side. Id say his CV has taken a few steps backwards with that move.
Hopefully we will see more of the men from 2003 take the step up to management. Enda McGinley would be one id feel could make a top manager, but the opportunities arnt always there.
Richard Thornton and Brian Mc Guckin with Coalisland
Paul Rouse and Audi Kelly with Dromore
Sean Mc Cabe with Clonoe granted with a Derry man
Omaghs management team all Tyrone men
Plenty of good young up coming tyrone managers don't get down beat because of a few Derry men I have only named a few clubs im sure plenty of good men involved down the divisions.
PS don't forget MH has already picked his replacement.
AND just because a man was a great player wont make him a great manager.

omaghjoe

Quote from: winghalfback on December 12, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Mark Harte - Rosela?

Plenty of good young up coming tyrone managers don't get down beat because of a few Derry men I have only named a few clubs im sure plenty of good men involved down the divisions.

???
Tell us more

redzone

mark was good but wouldn't classify him as great.

BennyHarp

Mark Harte - Rosela?

James Slater and Ciaran McRory at Dungannon have done an impressive job in their first year.
That was never a square ball!!

winghalfback

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 12, 2014, 07:50:25 PM

Mark Harte - Rosela?

James Slater and Ciaran McRory at Dungannon have done an impressive job in their first year.

Correct. Possibly the best result of a Tyrone management team all season.

blewuporstuffed

Mark Harte - Rosela?

Fergal McCann & Tony Donnelly with Augher
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Heard that Pascal Canavan will be over Ballymacnabb of Armagh this year.  Is Adrian Cush continuing with Maghery? Again Armagh
Living the dream!!!

In hiding

What's the story with managers in Tyrone ... Fill in below

Errigal     Mc guckian
Clonoe     Cassidy
Dromore   Rouse/Kelly
Carrickmore   Gormley
Ardboe.    Mc kindless
Strabane.   Mc Laughlin
Augher.     Donnelly/mc cann
Killyclogher  Howe/mc Elholm
Coalisland   ...?
Omagh.       ...?
Eglish.        ...?
Trillick.       ...?
Greencastle    Treacy
Moy.          ...?
Dungannon.  Slater
Donaghmore.  ...?

Man Marker

Quote from: In hiding on December 17, 2014, 03:25:57 PM
What's the story with managers in Tyrone ... Fill in below

Errigal     Mc guckian
Clonoe     Cassidy
Dromore   Rouse/Kelly
Carrickmore   Gormley
Ardboe.    Mc kindless
Strabane.   Mc Laughlin
Augher.     Donnelly/mc cann
Killyclogher  Howe/mc Elholm
Coalisland   ...?
Omagh.       ...?
Eglish.        ...?
Trillick.       ...?
Greencastle    Treacy
Moy.          ...?
Dungannon.  Slater
Donaghmore.  ...?

A lot of Derry men in Tyrone. Intermediate Tony Scullion is with Pomeroy, Barry Dillon with Kildress, Chris Collins with Cookstown, Niall Conway Rock. more Derry men

Tommo2

Didn't think Rouse/Kelly would be back wroth Dromore. Thought i heard they weren't dying about them.

In hiding

Quote from: Tommo2 on December 17, 2014, 04:54:48 PM
Didn't think Rouse/Kelly would be back wroth Dromore. Thought i heard they weren't dying about them.
You were probably talking to someone who didn't get on the team :o

tyroneboi

I heard Dromore were pretty impressed by those pair so I'd be surprised if they got the road after one year. Not as if they were a million miles away last season!

tiempo

Christmas Lights

Quote from: tiempo on December 17, 2014, 11:58:55 PM
Very thankful Peter didn't take this approach to his late-20s inter county career.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2014/1217/667368-galways-armstrong-announces-his-retirement/

What are you talking about here?  Is this Tyrone Club worthy?  I think not.