Quote from: charlieTully on July 22, 2014, 05:41:01 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 22, 2014, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on July 22, 2014, 05:17:35 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 22, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 22, 2014, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 21, 2014, 09:09:38 PM
IN nothing but a red top rag imo.

what makes you think that?

Some of their headlines no better than what you would see in The Sun, yet they try to make themselves out to above such tabloid papers.

examples?

been saying for a while now there no better than the likes of the sunday world for trying to provoke reaction from petty issues for example giving us a daily update on weather a pub on the shakill has the ivry coast flag up during the world cup!!the irish news is becoming as biggoted as the narrow minded biggots they report on,IMO of course

they highlight sectarinism on our side too, any OO halls graffitied or attacked are always reported on, I find them quite fair, they also give Unionist commentators plenty of space. I dont think they are in anyway comparable to the sun. Commentators like Alision Morrision and Brian Fenney are very good. As for Glens stoops comment, they let Jim Gibney talk shite once a week too.

Glens thinks all papers should be like the Andytown News or An Phoblacht
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gaffer

Next thing Glens will be telling us he doesn't buy it
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

In fairness, the Irish News is only responding to what people want. There was a pretty extensive survey done in the paper a few years ago, asking people what they wanted to see.

Stuff like what sports, what news, what celebrity 'news', etc....

Today's Irish News is the result of that survey.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on July 23, 2014, 12:56:06 PM
In fairness, the Irish News is only responding to what people want. There was a pretty extensive survey done in the paper a few years ago, asking people what they wanted to see.

A good proportion of it is a decent paper and there is some shite. The reverse is true for red tops and in some cases you might be hard pushed to find anything of note, which takes some doing in something supposed to report news.

WT4E

Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 21, 2014, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
How much is the Irish News?

Incredible thread from an incredible poster.
Keep up the good work

Turned into a decent enough thread smartass! lol

billabong

Interesting one for you- Allison Morris' partner is what many would consider a 'dissident republican' and signed the election papers for the New Lodge's Sammy Cusick, who of course was standing for Republican Network for Unity.

Tony Baloney

After the front page today it is plumbing new depths. Should have a red banner along the top.

No wides

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 14, 2016, 12:01:43 AM
After the front page today it is plumbing new depths. Should have a red banner along the top.

Well said scunbag journalism if that is the biggest story in the occupied 6 Im a f**king fish.  Tramps the lot of them the damage they are doing to a young man complete wankers.

seafoid

Quote from: ziggysego on July 23, 2014, 12:56:06 PM

Ask readers what they want to see and you get the daily mail website. Tits and ass, sport, crime , slebs and news about house prices
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Applesisapples

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 14, 2016, 12:01:43 AM
I take it you are talking about yesterday's report on Father Rory? Not sure it deserved to be front page but a high profile person cleric or other is bound to make headlines. That said he hasn't done anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

Nigel White

There's a lot worse being kept out of the media thanks to super injunctions. Is that route only open to the rich and famous?

T Fearon

Do I detect a tinge of sympathy for a Catholic cleric on this Board?

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 09:55:46 AM
Do I detect a tinge of sympathy for a Catholic cleric on this Board?
Tony he's a gay man trapped by the hypocritical approach to sex and orientation adopted by the church, the sympathy has shag all to do with his being a cleric.

T Fearon

I'm sorry and I do not mean any personal offence but a "gay priest" is the ultimate oxymoron.The clear Biblical teaching which informs catholic belief,is alas that homosexuality is wrong.It is therefore simply  logical that you cannot be gay and be a priest in the Catholic Church simultaneously.How on earth can you preach the belief that homosexuality is wrong and expect your flock to take you seriously,if you are gay yourself.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 10:25:39 AM
I'm sorry and I do not mean any personal offence but a "gay priest" is the ultimate oxymoron.The clear Biblical teaching which informs catholic belief,is alas that homosexuality is wrong.It is therefore simply  logical that you cannot be gay and be a priest in the Catholic Church simultaneously.How on earth can you preach the belief that homosexuality is wrong and expect your flock to take you seriously,if you are gay yourself.
So you are condemning Fr Rory?