Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

On Sancho according to some tier 1 journalists, he had agreed personal terms and wanted to join United but the deadline for Dortmund to sell him was a few weeks ago and they wanted an up front payment. United were going to pay installments plus add ons which Dortmund said no to, next transfer window more clubs will be in for Sancho so it's slim if he'll ever becomes a United player now. 

United wanted Dembele on loan ( plan B for not getting Sancho) Barcelona wanted a permanent deal. The lack of strategy by Woodward and Co in this transfer window showed up their incompetence once more.

Good luck to Ole and whoever takes over from him once he's eventually replaced as the shit show at how this club is run will remain for the foreseeable future.

quit yo jibbajabba

Lineker saying on twitter some big deal was scuppered due to an agent looing 30mill. 30 f**king million. Not confirmed if it was sancho.

Whole other debate but surely these cowboys need regulated

GJL

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2020, 02:46:24 PM
On Sancho according to some tier 1 journalists, he had agreed personal terms and wanted to join United but the deadline for Dortmund to sell him was a few weeks ago and they wanted an up front payment. United were going to pay installments plus add ons which Dortmund said no to, next transfer window more clubs will be in for Sancho so it's slim if he'll ever becomes a United player now. 

United wanted Dembele on loan ( plan B for not getting Sancho) Barcelona wanted a permanent deal. The lack of strategy by Woodward and Co in this transfer window showed up their incompetence once more.

Good luck to Ole and whoever takes over from him once he's eventually replaced as the shit show at how this club is run will remain for the foreseeable future.

They couldn't run a fcuken bath.

Until there is change at board level it is pointless changing manager. It will just be the same old process....

magpie seanie

Saw a tweet yesterday where it showed big investment in the first year of Van Gaal's, Mourinho's and Ole's tenure followed by a fall off investment. Might be just a coincidence or that to do with all 3 achieving CL qualification in their first full season. I absolutely do not believe the Glazers and Woodward their toadie share supporters desire for United to return to challenging for and winning the major trophies. It's like people who own a hotel - they'll put back in enough money to keep the place looking decent so the money keeps rolling in.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 06, 2020, 10:43:55 AM
Quote from: mouview on October 06, 2020, 10:36:19 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 06, 2020, 09:38:17 AM
Another disappointing summer, thats the 3rd summer transfer window in a row where Woodward hasn't delivered. I can remember leading up to summer 2018 and all the reports were United were going to spend £200m and we ended up with Fred and Dalot.

On the face of it signing Van Der Beek, Cavani & Telles for £50m is excellent business and if United had managed to Dembele in on loan I'd have been happy enough with it in the circumstances, can understand too leaving Telles to the last minute as they've got him on the cheap.

Dortmund wanted too much money for Sancho and earlier on in the summer I thought just pay it but United can't keep paying over the odds for every player so there's logic too not paying what they wanted but not having replacement lined up on loan earlier isn't good enough.

United were always up against it at the start of the season given the lack of pre season and ideally needed signings early but prepared to cut them some slack given who Ole's main target and how that dictated anyone else United were in for. 

Arsenal & Spurs have spent a lot more than I expected, both clubs have bigger financial problems than United but have done well this summer and both will fancy their chances of finishing above United.

Sunday was not good enough but United aren't that bad, every single player looks miles off the pace; Its not just a few of them its the lot of them; I've no idea whether Ole is good enough but after last season he deserves a chance to prove himself but can see why he's under huge pressure given Poch is available. Its going to be a huge month when they get back from international duty.

Think MU dodged a bullet in not signing Dembele. Should never ever sign an injured or injury-prone player. Remember Falcao and Hargreaves to an extent?
OGS is not good enough, has no track record of success as a manager in top flight football, and his team aren't playing for him. He won nothing last season and got real lucky Leicester fell off the bike in the run-in to pip them to third place. I said it at the time and often since, that fluke win over PSG with one of the worst VAR peno decisions (and that's saying something) was a hugely costly Pyrrhic victory for MU. The entertainment value of seeing Rio making a tit of himself was worth it though!

signing Dembele on loan was a chance worth taking, United will be back in for Sancho next summer.

The players played for Ole last season, think United obtained more points than anyone else from Feb on conceding only 7 goals in the process. There's mitigating factors currently, lets see where United are by mid November.

Not going to get a free run at him next Summer. The big boys will come in for him. You really think given the choices he'll have that he'll choose United??

Milltown Row2

Depends on who's manager also.  Wages plays a big part too, if offered x amount by one club and another current successful club offers less,  then depending on his agent he'll choose the more money option, that seems the way if believing the negotiations that went on.

I'd rather not have that player
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2020, 02:46:24 PM

Told you, they're like the Tories trying to negotiate Brexit with the EU and being totally out of their depth.

Ed Ricketts

I see Cavani has to isolate and can't even begin training with the club until the day before the PSG game. Will definitely miss the Newcastle game, for which Martial is suspended.

Who would have thought leaving it until the death to conduct your business might cause a hiccup or two? At least the Yanks saved a couple of pound.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

sid waddell

Cavani is a terrible signing, Manchester United have learned no lessons at all, they would have been better off making no signing there

They should have paid what they had to to sign Sancho

Sancho, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood would have been frightening firepower

magpie seanie

Will Cavani be better than Ighalo? If he isn't then it's terrible. Otherwise it's fine.

oakleaflad

I'm a United fan and, as much as i'd love to see Sancho at Old Trafford, i'm glad they didn't pay over their valuation for him. Maybe they actually have learnt a lesson and maybe not, but overpaying for players is something they have been consistently criticized for over this past few years. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 08, 2020, 12:56:44 PM
I'm a United fan and, as much as i'd love to see Sancho at Old Trafford, i'm glad they didn't pay over their valuation for him. Maybe they actually have learnt a lesson and maybe not, but overpaying for players is something they have been consistently criticized for over this past few years. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I agree, would love to see him at OT but the regular theme of United over paying for everyone has really hurt them in recent years and and a stop had to be put to it.

There's been some signs that their learning with new players not been put on huge wages that previous players have been awarded and with the investment in younger players many of whom are a year or two off the first team. They spent nearly 10 million on a 16 year old in summer 2019 in Mejbri along with the 3 youngsters who were signed on Monday.

United were linked with Upemacano all summer and likely would have had to pay in excess of £60m for a player who can leave next summer for £35m as there's a clause in his contract.

The biggest issue I have is not having a winger lined up on loan who could contribute immediately.

nrico2006

Good to see United starting to play hardball on transfer fees, between Sancho and Telles they weren't being held to ransom. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Helix.

Eric Bailly going off injured for Ivory Coast tonight.

Boycey

Up to 15th  8)

Decent performance in and enjoyable contest. Feared for Ole when I saw the team but he was rewarded for his courage..