Paul O'Brien Solar

Started by nrico2006, April 27, 2015, 11:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anybody had solar panels installed?  Seen a leaflet from Paul O'Brien stating that the solar panels are completely free - has anybody had any experience with these and what are the pros/cons (if any)?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 27, 2015, 11:18:28 AM
Anybody had solar panels installed?  Seen a leaflet from Paul O'Brien stating that the solar panels are completely free - has anybody had any experience with these and what are the pros/cons (if any)?

As far as I know the free ones gets into a mess affair when it comes to ownership of the roof etc!

Orior

Quote from: GJL on April 27, 2015, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 27, 2015, 11:18:28 AM

As far as I know the free ones gets into a mess affair when it comes to ownership of the roof etc!

I heard that as well. Make sure to read the small print
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Jeepers Creepers

Some contracts claim ownership of the airpsace above your house.

brokencrossbar1

Normally the way it works is that the company that install it have a 20 year licence over your roof and they have the right to enter the premises for maintenance and repairs.  They will give you notice obviously but they have that right.  You never actually own the gear as it is the property of the company.  They also can claim the ownership of the air space but that is more contentious.  The only issues really arise if you are trying to sell/remortgage the property.  It creates a legal charge over the property so some mortgage lenders do not accept them and I would avoid the 'free' model if possible and fork out the cash for installation.  Also if the ROCs change over the next few years,  which they probably will,  then the terms of your agreement may also change and they may come in an remove the units which may cause problems in terms of re-roofing. 

I met Paul O' Brien once, an English Mick Wallace with a sun bed tan!!!