Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: square_ball on August 05, 2018, 09:19:17 PM
Don't you just love this time of year when all the anti-Tyrone crap comes out even more. Divers, play basketball, cubical etc etc etc. Love to see it.

It warms my heart. It's really centred around RTE. Don't see it on sky.

Thebigdog

Big Colm was unstoppable in the air today but let's just take a moment and reflect on the fact that our best forward since wee Peter has now arrived. All bow to Lee Brennan, the best of it is he didn't play in our performance against Dublin. With a great strength and conditioning coach in Peter Donnelly added to an excellent squad of talent it's time to genuinely believe the Dubs can be toppled. Any word on Meyler?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: redzone on August 05, 2018, 10:22:00 PM
Mcnamme let himself down badly after the game with his gestures to the crowd. I'm sure he took plenty of abuse from the crowd but he should take it as a compliment rather than an insult. I'm sure it was something he regrets

He was just saying - we are #1 on the day

And I'm sure he's f**king worried

Christmas Lights

I'd like to hear the thoughts of South Tyrone Gael.

sam03/05

No doubt the Harte bashers on here, who have called for Mickey to go and called for his head constantly.
These mouths will be the first in line looking for tickets for the Final (if we get there).
They will be the first down to Dublin for the final, the first game they  have attended in years.
Or maybe because they are so opposed to him and his style, tactics and play, then they will stay away - doubt it though.

square_ball

RedHand88

I'm just glad we locked Harte into a 3 year contract instesf of a2 year one. Well done the county board on securing that. Hopefully he extends his time when the 3 years are up. We truly have one of the best if not the best manager in Gaelic football.

southtyronegael

lads lets be honest about it. harte has stumbled through this championship. the players deserve all the credit and in reality its the great work done by peter donnelly that has us in the semi. we still dont have a single trophy so show for our efforts this year but at least we are in with a chance of the big one. i have every faith that we have the players to do it. thought we were bang average yesterday though until mickeys favourite player lee brennan came on and totally changed the game. also special mention to colly cavanagh, amazing performance.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 06, 2018, 08:12:27 AM
I'd like to hear the thoughts of South Tyrone Gael.

It would mean un-ignoring him though.
That was never a square ball!!

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 06, 2018, 09:20:55 AM
lads lets be honest about it. harte has stumbled through this championship. the players deserve all the credit and in reality its the great work done by peter donnelly that has us in the semi. we still dont have a single trophy so show for our efforts this year but at least we are in with a chance of the big one. i have every faith that we have the players to do it. thought we were bang average yesterday though until mickeys favourite player lee brennan came on and totally changed the game. also special mention to colly cavanagh, amazing performance.

Did MH not get it spot on with the timing of the subs that won us the game?

Great tactical performance from MH yesterday it has to be said.

the goal was on

wasn't rocket science to put a few better players on the field for fellas that most in county would know are not in tyrone's strongest 15. but if he is holding good players back for a strong finish then fair play. its whether you can afford to start that team on sunday against a Dublin in croker and game not be over by time calvary arrives

omagh_gael

Classic STG, fair play to you  ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: the goal was on on August 06, 2018, 10:07:38 AM
wasn't rocket science to put a few better players on the field for fellas that most in county would know are not in tyrone's strongest 15. but if he is holding good players back for a strong finish then fair play. its whether you can afford to start that team on sunday against a Dublin in croker and game not be over by time calvary arrives

Do you think McGeary can go hammer and tongs like he does for 70mins? Do you know whether Lee's hamstring will last for 70 mins at that pace? Would you prefer to be winning at half time and these lads are beginning to wain or be in touch and throwing them with 20 mins to go to wreak havoc? It's all part of the game these days, the days of a 15 man game are over, it's a 20 man game and Mickey is using his players well at the minute. With all due respect, your opinion based on a game every couple of weeks is not convincing compared to Mickey and the management who are watching these guys 4/5 days a week.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: Under Lights on August 06, 2018, 10:06:31 AM

Did MH not get it spot on with the timing of the subs that won us the game?

Great tactical performance from MH yesterday it has to be said.
great tactical performance from mh because he threw on a few subs in a game we were playing average in and losing by 4 points? Any half ass manager would do the same. Some people really will bend over backwards to praise harte. IL never be one of them!

southtyronegael