Quizzing

Started by Aughafad, March 26, 2020, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aughafad

Ladies/gents, I do a lot of quizzing in my spare time and have quite a portfolio of pass quizzes that i can upload on here if anyone if looking to burn off any brain cells and stave off boredom for a few minutes. I have a wide range of topics covered and everything from high brow to pop culture. I also have quizzes for teenagers and young adults.

I can post a few in here if there is any interest.

Solo_run

Quote from: Aughafad on March 26, 2020, 08:15:36 PM
Ladies/gents, I do a lot of quizzing in my spare time and have quite a portfolio of pass quizzes that i can upload on here if anyone if looking to burn off any brain cells and stave off boredom for a few minutes. I have a wide range of topics covered and everything from high brow to pop culture. I also have quizzes for teenagers and young adults.

Do you use quiz up app on mobiles?

Perhaps we could do a knock out competition with members.

For example all Armagh supporters represent their club and play against each other in a straight knock out competition. Then all the other counties do the same until there is a winner for each county.

Once the county championship has finished we then move on to provincials and then All Ireland.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quizup.core

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/quizup/id718421443

Aughafad

I have used it in the pass but the questions tended to repeat themselves after a short while so it became a game of who was the quickest rather than smartest.

I like the idea of an all ireland gaaboard knockout quiz. Something along the lines of the best of each county progresses from a league/knockout to a straight allireland knockout

Solo_run

If nobody is busy perhaps we could do this  : ;)

Newbridge Exile

I'm all in for a bit of
quizzing

Taylor

I stopped going to quizzes when everyone got a mobile phone (a long time ago) and the winners of any quiz became the people who could check the answers online without getting caught.

How do quizzes work in pubs etc nowadays when everyone can cheat?

imtommygunn

Some just say knock yourselves out and use your phone.

Aughafad

Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2020, 08:53:28 AM

I stopped going to quizzes when everyone got a mobile phone (a long time ago) and the winners of any quiz became the people who could check the answers online without getting caught.

Speed quizzing in bars and pubs is quite popular at the moment in belfast and especially england, it utilises a smart phone or a tablet and sends the questions to your device with a time limit to answer negating the chance to google answers

https://www.speedquizzing.com

Have a look.

BennyCake

Yeah the mobile has ruined the pub quiz.

Some quizzes make you put your phone in a plastic bag on table, and it can't be opened during each round. I've seen folk taking it out as soon as round over. Can't stay off it 5 minutes ffs.

Others I've been to ask people to just put mobiles away but you can never tell who is using one and who isnt.

lurganblue

I go to a weekly quiz each Thursday night.  It's a really a quiz in an old man's bar with the same teams every week.  There is very little cheating that goes on I would say.

My experience is that if a quiz master knows a team are clearly cheating then he/she will make it that they don't win.

I mind going to a weekly quiz in Vienna (Irish Bar).  They were mighty strict on phones.  You could be disqualified if you were caught using yours, but then they had a massive jackpot for getting all questions correct in the quiz.

ONeill

Bound to be a quiz that makes mobiles redundant.

Apart from, what number am I thinking or what colour underwear does Mrs Hardstation have on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Keyser soze

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2020, 10:07:33 AM

Apart from, what number am I thinking or what colour underwear does Mrs Hardstation have on.

Sure plenty of lads would know the answer to the latter...... [takes cover]

lurganblue

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2020, 10:07:33 AM

Our quiz does a quick guess the year (70s,80s,90s) jackpot.  Get the 3 years right and you win the money.  It is rapid! if your sheet isn't up within seconds you are not in. Probably not possible to cheat on that.

Itchy

Its fair to say they are not working too well in Pubs at the moment ;D

Aughafad

Quote from: Itchy on March 27, 2020, 10:16:47 AM

Its fair to say they are not working too well in Pubs at the moment ;D

Au contraire, the speed quizzing pub quizzes in and around belfast are getting a steady 25 teams weekly