Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: red hander on November 11, 2022, 04:50:57 PM
That dose Brendan O Carroll was on Brit TV recently proudly wearing one. His grandfather was shot dead in his own home in front of his grandmother by the Tans. Odious soup drinking w**kstain.

England is the only place left that thinks he's funny so he knows where his breads buttered

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 11, 2022, 04:55:39 PM
That dose Brendan O Carroll was on Brit TV recently proudly wearing one. His grandfather was shot dead in his own home in front of his grandmother by the Tans. Odious soup drinking w**kstain.

England is the only place left that thinks he's funny so he knows where his breads buttered

They were the only ones that thought he was ever funny.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2022, 03:38:50 PM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/micheal-martin-speaks-about-wearing-a-poppy-i-dont-believe-its-as-controversial-as-perhaps-some-suggest-42137311.html

He wore it cos the he wanted to impress the Brits at the meeting. No doubt he took it straight off afterwards. That man stands for nothing, the worst Taoiseach this country ever had in my opinion.

thebigfella

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 11, 2022, 05:25:26 PM

I'd rather have a poppy tattooed on my forehead than watch Mrs brown

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on November 11, 2022, 05:29:48 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 11, 2022, 05:25:26 PM

I'd rather have a poppy tattooed on my forehead than watch Mrs brown
;D

seafoid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Rebellion_of_1798#Aftermath

"Presbyterian radicalism was effectively tamed or reconciled to British rule by inclusion in a new Protestant Ascendancy, as opposed to a merely Anglican one. By mid-1798 a schism between the Presbyterians and Catholics had developed, with radical Presbyterians starting to waver in their support for revolution.[46] The government capitalised on this by acting against the Catholics in the radical movement instead of the northern Presbyterians.[46] Prior to the rebellion, anyone who admitted to being a member of the United Irishmen was expelled from the Yeomanry, however former Presbyterian radicals were now able to enlist in it, and those radicals that wavered in support saw it as their chance to reintegrate themselves into society"

Croppies were not allowed into the Yeomanry so no poppies.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AustinPowers

Quote from: Itchy on November 11, 2022, 05:29:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2022, 03:38:50 PM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/micheal-martin-speaks-about-wearing-a-poppy-i-dont-believe-its-as-controversial-as-perhaps-some-suggest-42137311.html

He wore it cos the he wanted to impress the Brits at the meeting. No doubt he took it straight off afterwards. That man stands for nothing, the worst Taoiseach this country ever had in my opinion.

The term  " gombeens and arselickers" comes to mind again

I have the utmost respect for James McClean , even after years of abuse and threats , still doesn't kowtow to   poppy fascism

Milltown Row2

Why does anyone  care about someone wearing a poppy? Definitely more things to worry about, but I suppose it's November and the outrage is real!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2022, 06:12:25 PM
Why does anyone  care about someone wearing a poppy? Definitely more things to worry about, but I suppose it's November and the outrage is real!!

You could say that about most topics on this board. But that would just be a waste of everyone's time.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2022, 06:12:25 PM

Outrage is a strong word.

For me the poppy mafia is a source of amusement.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Craig Doyle not wearing a poppy, probably his last job on BT!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

Jim Magilton not bending the knee on the BBC. Fair play (even though he turned out for the failed statelet).

Saffrongael

Quote from: red hander on November 11, 2022, 07:44:13 PM
Jim Magilton not bending the knee on the BBC. Fair play (even though he turned out for the failed statelet).

And worked for the NI under age teams for years recently so he is happy enough to take their shilling
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Jaysus lads. Doesnt wear poppy and still gets shit 😃😃

Milltown Row2

Not sure which poppy mafia/fascists are worse? Those who don't want people to wear them or those who are happy too but taking abuse from complete tools online