Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2021, 12:03:38 PM
Seems there will be no Police in the UI going by comments on the other thread  ::)

Curious as to what post from the other thread has led to you that interpretation?

Rois

Quote from: StPatsAbu on November 15, 2021, 06:33:30 PM
BBC Ni play the sectarian card yet again and try to bully Donna Traynor into wear a poppy against her will. She has resigned.
Hopefully the tribunal gets played out in full for the bigots running BBC NI to be seen in their true colours.
Is that what the story is? 
I noted that they have also made Tim McGarry refer to Derry as Londonderry in his intro to The Blame Game in the last two episodes.  Both times he's almost tried to disguise it in his tone.

Hereiam

I have noticed that the cricket scores are getting pushed to the front of the sports bulletins, did I read somewhere that a department was set up by Westminster to promote Britishness within the UK

Itchy

Quote from: Rois on November 15, 2021, 10:48:54 PM
BBC Ni play the sectarian card yet again and try to bully Donna Traynor into wear a poppy against her will. She has resigned.
Hopefully the tribunal gets played out in full for the bigots running BBC NI to be seen in their true colours.
I noted that they have also made Tim McGarry refer to Derry as Londonderry in his intro to The Blame Game in the last two episodes.  Both times he's almost tried to disguise it in his tone.

Is that why she resigned? I didnt realise that was the background. That is taking the poppy fascism to a new level. Fair play to her for having some principles, I hope she takes them to the cleaners.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on November 16, 2021, 08:33:13 AM
Quote from: Rois on November 15, 2021, 10:48:54 PM

Is it though? I've not seen it anywhere else
Is that why she resigned? I didnt realise that was the background. That is taking the poppy fascism to a new level. Fair play to her for having some principles, I hope she takes them to the cleaners.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Time of year makes it look suspect but I heard the DT issue is a contractual dispute more then anything.

Cricket prominent in sports bulletins because there's a world cup on, I imagine. It's not always a big conspiracy against us, lads.

Dougal Maguire

It'll all become clear when it reaches the tribunal although am I right in thinking that if the BBC was to agree a settlement there can be a confidentiality clause?  I know she did refuse to wear a poppy some years ago and was subjected to trolling as a result but I thought she had been wearing one since.
Careful now

screenexile

Mescal not wearing one on Graham Norton... fair play!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2022, 10:49:45 PM
Mescal not wearing one on Graham Norton... fair play!!
Just came on for this! He'll be getting death threats by midnight.

Dougal Maguire

Not a poppy in sight on The Blame Game
Careful now

AustinPowers

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 04, 2022, 10:53:56 PM
Not a poppy in sight on The Blame Game

No doubt Big Jeff or Bryson  will be tweeting about that

Plus  the fact there's  too many taigs on the panel . (Actually now that I think about it,   that was brought up before by some unionist )

Milltown Row2

Paul Mescal either, the rebel from Clare!!

The singer never had one also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

He not Kildare?! Just came on to shout Up Kildare! but ill retract if need be 😃

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 04, 2022, 11:41:18 PM
He not Kildare?! Just came on to shout Up Kildare! but ill retract if need be 😃

Could be, though that thick country accent could have said Kildare

quit yo jibbajabba

Think he played Kildare Minors could be wrong